Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Walking the Anafi

Very nice Rob, but I don't see what the problem is with the photo. Why were people getting their panties up in a bunch?

Reactions: ROBANAFI
A nice stroll through the forest, Rob! Was the footage of the graffiti at the beginning from a different area or connected to the forest? That seemed like it belonged in Eastern Europe more than the UK. Do you have some transition footage tying it into the forest? I'd incorporate that too, if possible, for the viewer to better understand what's going on there. The title mentions what's going on, but if you came & watched it without observing that, it might be a little confusing. I like it's inclusion as a contrast of difference between the two places.

Regarding flying over the old church, we don't have those sorts of restrictions currently, but I'm sure they will be put in place eventually, that you need to apply for a permit to do that sort of filming, have public liability coverage, certification, etc... It seems inevitable, especially after someone's drone falls & does some damage! :eek: I don't know your drone laws & regulations, so can't comment there, but will say I enjoyed the point of view of that scene & your video from there that I watched a while ago.

Very nice Rob, but I don't see what the problem is with the photo. Why were people getting their panties up in a bunch?

Local laws and guidelines. From what i know you can only be prosecuted for flying near airports, crashing into people and invasion of privacy. i could be wrong though? This is the UK Drone code: Drone code - Dronesafe

This is what was posted:

"Congested area unfortunately classes as multiple buildings Cannot fly within 150m , 50 m from roads but ok if no cars in sight It’s very ambiguous though Is Eastham outside the new nfz zone ?"

^ok this is true but not law, just health & safety.

Eastham is not in the NFZ

from the UK government website

Following on from new laws last year restricting the use of drones and bringing forward a new drone-users register, today, the government also announced new legislation to extend the ‘no-fly’ zone around airports, banning drones from flying within 5km of runways.

i was here:

A nice stroll through the forest, Rob! Was the footage of the graffiti at the beginning from a different area or connected to the forest? That seemed like it belonged in Eastern Europe more than the UK. Do you have some transition footage tying it into the forest? I'd incorporate that too, if possible, for the viewer to better understand what's going on there. The title mentions what's going on, but if you came & watched it without observing that, it might be a little confusing. I like it's inclusion as a contrast of difference between the two places.

Thanks for the feedback Geeza. The Graffiti is from here:
Its a docking platform for ships heading out of the Manchester Ship Canal and out into the River Mersey. If the River is at low tide they cant leave so they dock up for a couple of hours and thats where the graffiti comes from. I should document it in a few photos because it is rather interesting not knowing what half(well most) of it means. As for the transition, i was having major problems around here and had two minor crashes and then couldn't collaborate the drone due to "move away from metallic object" warnings. So after that i had to move away and follow the path that follows the canal into the woods and calibrate and everything was fine. Also i had my Bike with me so i kept on having to back track, land the drone and move the bike. next time i'm hoping to leave the bike behind so everything is more fluid :)

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Ironically i've just remembered after posting that video in the post above, this was the first place my drone went out of control and crashed(watch from 2:21). And now i come back and it does the same thing again. won't be trying this again!!

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Thanks for the feedback Geeza. The Graffiti is from here:
Its a docking platform for ships heading out of the Manchester Ship Canal and out into the River Mersey. If the River is at low tide they cant leave so they dock up for a couple of hours and thats where the graffiti comes from. I should document it in a few photos because it is rather interesting not knowing what half(well most) of it means. As for the transition, i was having major problems around here and had two minor crashes and then couldn't collaborate the drone due to "move away from metallic object" warnings. So after that i had to move away and follow the path that follows the canal into the woods and calibrate and everything was fine. Also i had my Bike with me so i kept on having to back track, land the drone and move the bike. next time i'm hoping to leave the bike behind so everything is more fluid :)
I love your idea of documenting the transition area with photographs, Rob! They could be included in the video & you are keeping the Anafi safe at the same time. I have a magnetometer that I whip out at most places where there are man made structures present & it's quite surprising the EMF influences it picks up & I instantly know to keep clear of as a result! Similar to a suggestion in another thread here to use a hand held compass, but with the ability to show the level of influence present.

I reckon that docking platform & in particular some of the old structures laying there could make interesting 10 or 16 stop ND long exposure subjects!

Ironically i've just remembered after posting that video in the post above, this was the first place my drone went out of control and crashed(watch from 2:21). And now i come back and it does the same thing again. won't be trying this again!!
That was a sudden interference, I'd be avoiding that area with the Anafi for sure. I hope no damage was incurred then. Definitely photograph & include that in a video showing the journey from there into the forest. You could safely fly above & around that area as your opening scenes, like you shared in this later video above, just not close in to it.

I think the journey here makes a great motif! (y)

Reactions: ROBANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator