Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Was that a bullet

Todd L.

Reaction score
Bad news, I had major malfunction during the return home from a Waypoint mission.

I could really use someone's help. I edited the video to the last 20 seconds or so. As the drone begins its fall there is a streak of light. Could that be from the heated air of a bullet?

I need to know

This is the u-tube link

The guy would have to be one hell of a shot for that to be a bullet :unsure:
I'm thinking you snapped a prop in that cold weather. Any damage?

I tend to agree - surely it'd be pretty hard to shoot down a drone unless you're using a shotgun or a machine gun (*)

The only white streak I could see was at the top right of the screen in the final second, but this seems to appear after the drone has already yawed violently to the right, i.e. it's already losing control at that point. It's also there for a couple of frames, which seems way too slow for a bullet - google suggests a typical speed for a bullet might be 400m/s, which would equate to around 13m distance travelled in one 1/30s frame. As Augustine says it looks more like a front prop or piece of prop flying off as the cause of the loss of control. Bad luck, hope the damage wasn't too bad.

(*) or a spear ...

The guy would have to be one hell of a shot for that to be a bullet :unsure:
I'm thinking you snapped a prop in that cold weather. Any damage?

Some, it fell 90 ft. Onto a frozen lake. No... It didn't hit snow. 1 motor failure, but drone comes to ready.. Cracked cross frame and 1 blade on the failed motor prop was only bent 90 degrees. Oh and the battery lock and that thin shell was all busted up.

I tend to agree - surely it'd be pretty hard to shoot down a drone unless you're using a shotgun or a machine gun (*)

The only white streak I could see was at the top right of the screen in the final second, but this seems to appear after the drone has already yawed violently to the right, i.e. it's already losing control at that point. It's also there for a couple of frames, which seems way too slow for a bullet - google suggests a typical speed for a bullet might be 400m/s, which would equate to around 13m distance travelled in one 1/30s frame. As Augustine says it looks more like a front prop or piece of prop flying off as the cause of the loss of control. Bad luck, hope the damage wasn't too bad.

(*) or a spear ...[/QUOTE

It was not that cold about 30. There happens to be a state park dedicated to disabled vets. They have quite a few things going on, I imagine to help these guys get back into civilian clothes and to just deal day to day. They hunt, fish, etc.

That makes sense, and I thought that also. But
No wind, Battery was at 50 percent. Maybe in too new to flying little over a year. In my experience a motor just doesn't stop for no reason. This drone only had 8 hrs. Maybe I'm looking for a reason, as to why and what happened. I'm sure I won't

What's that low quality and processed footage with added bars? You want to supply the unmodified original to get any meaningful feedback.

Anyway it looks like an artifact caused by the electronic image stabilization due to the high movement, like the missing bit on some frames.

cap.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood