Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What bandwidth setting?

Eencke

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone advise what is the best bandwidth setting for flying in europe?When i paired the anafi to controller it was put in 2.4 ghz. Just for a test i pushed the 5 ghz and then i lost total connrction. It took me a while to pair it back and i don’t know what i did(maybe by accident i reset the drone?) but somehow i got the setting back to 2.4 ghz . Does someone uses manual or all? Or is the 2.4 ghz ok , as i can reach up 2 km range with this.

Hi,
Can someone advise what is the best bandwidth setting for flying in europe?When i paired the anafi to controller it was put in 2.4 ghz. Just for a test i pushed the 5 ghz and then i lost total connrction. It took me a while to pair it back and i don’t know what i did(maybe by accident i reset the drone?) but somehow i got the setting back to 2.4 ghz . Does someone uses manual or all? Or is the 2.4 ghz ok , as i can reach up 2 km range with this.
I switched one time to 5 GHZ and it did the same here in the US, only had 1 signal bar, switched back to 2.4 GHZ and had all bars.

Hi, I live in Europe and Anafi is locked into 2.4ghz? the 5.8ghz button is grey, it's "disabled".
So called FCC regulated frequencies are "disallowed" to be toyed with in Europe, but they can be used as accessory-bandwith. 2.4ghz is the primary frequency which devices use.
It's totally safe to use, some people say 5.8ghz works better in all drones, because it has better gain with most antennas. (hence the interest to change it to "FCC mode" in Europe)

Do you min'd answering some questions about this?
- Have you patched your FreeFlight6 app to allow this change?
- What is your mobilephone's locality and language?
- What country have you registered your Playstore / App store to.
- Did you use GPS location faker?
- Which country does your phonenumber MCC represent (eg. +358 = Finland )

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi, I live in Europe and Anafi is locked into 2.4ghz? the 5.8ghz button is grey, it's "disabled".
So called FCC regulated frequencies are "disallowed" to be toyed with in Europe, but they can be used as accessory-bandwith. 2.4ghz is the primary frequency which devices use.
It's totally safe to use, some people say 5.8ghz works better in all drones, because it has better gain with most antennas. (hence the interest to change it to "FCC mode" in Europe)

Do you min'd answering some questions about this?
- Have you patched your FreeFlight6 app to allow this change?
- What is your mobilephone's locality and language?
- What country have you registered your Playstore / App store to.
- Did you use GPS location faker?
- Which country does your phonenumber MCC represent (eg. +358 = Finland )
Hi,difference in CE and FCC is in signal strenght,when in europe signal strenght is aprox 100mW,in usa signal strenght is aprox.400mW...more strenght,more range...here is old link by parrot,kinda explains some things...i recommend last parragraf in Skycontroller and chart in Regulations,explains which frequencies you can use in which country
WIFI USE: How to respect regulations and optimize Bebop Drone range - Parrot Blog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar