Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is constant trajectory ?

PGTART

Reaction score
Website
www.peterboos.tk
When setting waypoints I sometimes see that I can mark a line as a constant trajectory
not knowing what it does I so far have not used it(safety first) so what does it do?

If you have constant selected the Anafi will fly in one straight line to the next way point. If you have progressive selected it turns slowly to face the next way point. Making your flight look smoother. This really helps when you have points of interest in your flight plan

If you have constant selected the Anafi will fly in one straight line to the next way point. If you have progressive selected it turns slowly to face the next way point. Making your flight look smoother. This really helps when you have points of interest in your flight plan
If you have a POI, won't the camera always face it if you have selected waypoints and turned them purple? And what happens if you only select a few waypoints to face the POI and have the others still green, facing other directions, including the next waypoint? Doesn't this over-ride the progressive selection?

The camera will face to the point of interest from only the waypoints you have selected. As it turns to the next waypoint that is not selected it will either turn right away or if progressive is selected it will be a smooth transition to that waypoint that is not selected. .

OK, I'll give that a try, thanks.If I have this right, it will be a smooth transition to wherever the next green waypoint's arrow is pointing.

Only the turns will be smooth, parrot needs to work on the camera angles. They can be very fast and not smooth at all going from one POI to another POI.

Only the turns will be smooth, parrot needs to work on the camera angles. They can be very fast and not smooth at all going from one POI to another POI.

I wonder whether it might pay to stick in extra waypoints between waypoints that are pointed at different points of interest. One which isn't pointed at a point of interest could be aimed at some intermediate position so the transition is less jarring.

So far I have set the camera angles on successive waypoints so that there is not much angle change between adjacent waypoints....I haven't really seen the difference. I will be doing some experimenting with the camera doing some slow 90 degree look left/rights and maybe 360's on future Flight Plans.

A while ago Landbo had a post going for how parrots way point mission planner needs fine tuning. He also uses litchi for his DJI UAV and said it work much better then parrots with smoother transitions. I think if parrot buts a little more effort into it theirs could be just as good or maybe now that the SDK is out will will see someone develop something even better.

A while ago Landbo had a post going for how parrots way point mission planner needs fine tuning. He also uses litchi for his DJI UAV and said it work much better then parrots with smoother transitions. I think if parrot buts a little more effort into it theirs could be just as good or maybe now that the SDK is out will will see someone develop something even better.
I've been thinking about getting blender Spline lines as route plans, the'd be the smoothest of all, hower flightplan itself did not opensource, so the problem on who to adjust such things in seperate programs is a lot more work (need to recreate everything then.. ) i hope some day flight plan gets opensour, or the enlight on how to write those software plugins, so we get custom rout patterns spin weird etc.

On a second note if you point a waypoint to a POI, then after that adjust height (to go over a tree instead of through), .. does the waypoint still faces the POI then (or is camera angle not altered then), asking because the later seemed to happen in my last flights.

It should, but I too have been having problems with FP points doing odd things with the arrows while trying to move or edit them. I thought it was due to the difficulty of getting my fingers to hit just the right spot on the small phone screen, but perhaps it is in fact a bug. This is my first small touch screen device and after 40 years of using a keyboard and mouse I get pretty frustrated with it doing things I don't intend just because my finger slips one millimeter!

Sometimes it is easier to delete a waypoint and create a new one next to it and try to set its parameters afresh rather than edit those of the original waypoint. If it has been set to point at a point of interest you can toggle between pointing at the point of interest and pointing in the direction of travel. If you want it to point somewhere else it can be easier to create a new waypoint after deselecting the point of interest. This new waypoint can then be moved freely in space and its camera direction edited freely. You can then delete the troublesome waypoint that is stuck in a loop between a choice of two directions you don't want. Once a waypoint has ever been linked to a point of interest it gets stubborn. Replacing it with a fresh one can be the better solution than fighting a losing battle trying to make it do something it doesn't want to do.

I have just realised that if you don't know what I mean this won't help much. Just keep playing with it and learn, you don't have to fly all the flight plans, just practice making them.

I bought a package of these. Cheap and you get lots. I have one at every work station in my house and carry a couple in my drone bag. Helps us with big old fingers that don't like tight places :)
The pen is garbage but the end that acts like your finger works perfectly.

Sometimes it is easier to delete a waypoint ...
Yes, I have found that to be true after some experimentation. I do understand exactly what you are saying. I may have to try a stylus, which I have from years ago. Fat fingers. :(

This is one of the reasons why I'm trying to find an 8" tablet that will run Oreo and doesn't have a button right where the controller clamps are....this has been a big problem when designing a hood, which also tends to push those buttons if positioned under the antenna.

Sometimes it is easier to delete a waypoint and create a new one next to it and try to set its parameters afresh rather than edit those of the original waypoint. If it has been set to point at a point of interest you can toggle between pointing at the point of interest and pointing in the direction of travel. If you want it to point somewhere else it can be easier to create a new waypoint after deselecting the point of interest. This new waypoint can then be moved freely in space and its camera direction edited freely. You can then delete the troublesome waypoint that is stuck in a loop between a choice of two directions you don't want. Once a waypoint has ever been linked to a point of interest it gets stubborn. Replacing it with a fresh one can be the better solution than fighting a losing battle trying to make it do something it doesn't want to do.

I have just realised that if you don't know what I mean this won't help much. Just keep playing with it and learn, you don't have to fly all the flight plans, just practice making them.

I sounds you got the bug tackled, i'm still exploring it, a next flight might test it deeper.
But in case you now ins and outs of it, could you report a bug.
Because such handeling should be automatable, ea me as a programmer (but not for parrot) often have to work with lists and xml files, reorderning, recalculating etc
Most of programming is just about that and such problems should be easily solvable (getting something out of a list, remove item insert item, rearange order of calculations etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut