Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi from drone won't connect

Dockyard

Reaction score
Everything was working just fine. Now the wifi won't connect to the phone or the controller. I just get "Authentication" and then it defaults to my home connection. Tried a different phone etc, no luck. Any ideas?

Everything was working just fine. Now the wifi won't connect to the phone or the controller. I just get "Authentication" and then it defaults to my home connection. Tried a different phone etc, no luck. Any ideas?
Give this a try. Here is the hard reset procedure for ANAFI.
1. Power ANAFI on.
2. Press the power button and keep it pressed: after approximately 8 seconds, the battery's LEDs turn on red, one after the other.
3. When the 4 LEDs are red, release the power button.
4. ANAFI reboots - a TXT file has been generated on ANAFI's microSD card, which contains ANAFI's Wi-Fi network's password; that's how you can check the hard reset has been successful.

According to Skydreamer (another user on this site)..
To do all 3 reset..
1) Plug battery into wall charger, press and hold power button for 15 seconds.
2) Reinstall the battery in the Anafi, power up, then press and hold power button for 12 seconds to do a hard reset.
3) Connect phone to controller and it should open up freeflight 6, once the controller and the drone have connected, hit the Drone icon to the left of the SD card icon, in the next screen you will see map and numbers below map...scroll down and you will see a hidden Factory (soft) Reset button...reset anafi and right after you will be asked to recalibrate ....if that doesnt happen automatically then go to settings/camera and attempt to recalibrate from there

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I tried all of the above. Did not see any text file on the SD card though. Have reset the drone/battery..............nothing. The wifi states authentication problem on my phone and the othe phone I tried as well.

Next thing you might want to try is delete the App. Do a hard reboot of your phone and reinstall the App. Other then that you might want to see what Parrot has to say.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I suspect it is the controller. My phone(s) do not detect it. Is there any way to reset the controller as well?

Thanks for your help anyway. I have fired off an email to Parrot............here's hoping for a resolution.

When using WiFi with mobile once I connect it won't show camera . I need to wait for a notification to allow access then click yes then able to fly .
Unfortunately I had to discover this because the usb port on my 2 week old controller 3 has come loose and doesn't work . Very very cheap design . Not happy at all with that. Especially since I am in Vietnam and Thailand and have the terrible range now of my mobile. No good parrot no good

Send it back for repair!
Yep that's the plan when I return in December , not ideal for my travel videos now tho . I'm considering someone to re solder the usb here for cheap so I can create great footage and not waste a 3 month trip to Asia .
As for parrot they simply do not want to know and have told me send back retailer . They can't help as I am very far away . I've never had a usb come loose on any product it's a shambles.

I understand your frustration and yes you are in a good spot to have someone micro solder it for you. They do come off as I have had one come off a GoPro camera before and a WiFi externder so it does happen. Cold solder joints most likely. Good luck in getting it repaired.

Thanks I will give it go quoted 150 baby that's 4 pound UK haha . Do you think they will know I have opened it and void my warranty ?

I don't think they will be able to tell. There is no seal to break so I really don't think they will be able to tell.

I just bypass the wifi altogether and use the USB cable from the controller to my phone. Wifi seems to finicky.

Yeah
I just bypass the wifi altogether and use the USB cable from the controller to my phone. Wifi seems to finicky.
Wish I had that luxury . my usb snapped off two weeks in to ownership of the anafi. Apart from that it has been great always started and got some great footage with filters on. there are alot of DJI drones out here and ppl can't even get them off the ground, and my god they are so loud compared to my anafi, with a light wave at the beach can't even hear it a few meters away .
Big birds don't like the anafi tho! as I was up some mountains I had an eagle and some black kites circling me a few times . Hovering up and down seems to get rid of them as that's unatural movement . Scary times when birds this size are sizing up your anafi bug in the sky haha.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yeah

Wish I had that luxury . my usb snapped off two weeks in to ownership of the anafi. Apart from that it has been great always started and got some great footage with filters on. there are alot of DJI drones out here and ppl can't even get them off the ground, and my god they are so loud compared to my anafi, with a light wave at the beach can't even hear it a few meters away .
Big birds don't like the anafi tho! as I was up some mountains I had an eagle and some black kites circling me a few times . Hovering up and down seems to get rid of them as that's unatural movement . Scary times when birds this size are sizing up your anafi bug in the sky haha.

Birds do sound scary!

If the USB didn't snap off inside the controller new USB C cords are really cheap on Amazon!

Yep controller usb snapped with limited use I'm very careful with electronics!
Just had repaired today for £4 which is a great deal . Will still return the whole unit when I return home in December . Nothing better then a whole new unit.while I can do so.
The birds are big here and aggressive

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yep controller usb snapped with limited use I'm very careful with electronics!
Just had repaired today for £4 which is a great deal . Will still return the whole unit when I return home in December . Nothing better then a whole new unit.while I can do so.
The birds are big here and aggressive

I would say keep the repaired unit as it probably is 5 times better and you know it was done right this time :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut