Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WiFi graph on FF6

PascalG

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Trying to understand the WiFi graph... since I can’t find a manual for the app.

I have it manually set to 2.4 for best range as I don’t use the drone in busy areas. The graph shows a peak of traffic on channel 6 yet this is the channel the app/controller is using... or is the curve peaking on channel 6 because that s the channel it is using therefore showing strong traffic?

Also when looking at the GPS path for past flights, am I right to assume that orange and red flight segments shows weak and weaker signal?

99B24413-64E8-4B33-9302-FC63E66BF001.jpeg

Do you have a "wifi analyzer" app on your phone?
If yes you could display the usage of the channels with and without Anafi connected to SC3.

The graph is reverse from what you'd expect. It shows "channel quality" instead of noise/interference level like on a signal analyzer, so when selecting manually you want to pick a bump and not a low one.

Highly misleading.

The graph is reverse from what you'd expect. It shows "channel quality" instead of noise/interference level like on a signal analyzer, so when selecting manually you want to pick a bump and not a low one.

Highly misleading.
Interesting you say this, because yesterday when I was flying my Anafi was on the highest bump, yet channel 165 (FCC) was empty, and I couldn't fly 20m away without warnings on the auto channel.

I manually selected 165 and flew my mission 150m away on full bars...

I'm totally confused now

I could definitely confirm that it mostly shows that - But it also often sometimes what seems like total nonsense or to lag behind current conditions. I wouldn't rely that much on it.
Also the bump you see on the channel you're on should be ignored. Any channel you select will get a bump once the Anafi uses it. If you want to check the current channel you've got no choice but to switch to another before looking.

IMG_20180925_104624.jpg

IMG_20180925_104642.jpg

Last edited:
2,437 GHz is channel 6!?
Did you watch the display over a longer period?
It could be that that the refresh intervall of the curve is quite long ...
Another question:
Normally if the curve has an inverted meaning (high values are low noise) then I would not understand, why most channels mostly show low values: that would mean, that there is high noise on nearly all channels!?

Yes it was consistent. There IS high noise on nearly all 2.4 channels unless you're in the middle of nowhere. Every single person has at least one if not more 2.4GHz transceivers on them nowadays, and every building has many... and that's why using WiFi for video transmission is pretty awful.

I just select "all" and let the Anafi work it out. I get reasonable range (2km) here in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut