Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

4g/LTE connection

IronMan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone in the "US" tried the 4g/LTE connection to the Bebop 2 yet? Also what carrier works and which usb modem was purchased? I been really looking to try it but, seems all that are being used are Non-US.. Any info be awesome..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have often wondered if I could use my Verizon Jetpack and route my BB2 through it AND then connect wirelessly to it but haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone in the "US" tried the 4g/LTE connection to the Bebop 2 yet? Also what carrier works and which usb modem was purchased? I been really looking to try it but, seems all that are being used are Non-US.. Any info be awesome..

Hi IronMan, the 4G/LTE mod works quite well. You will need to buy a compatible USB modem and add it to your mobile account. The setup is straight forward and doesn't take long. I bought a Huawei modem on Amazon for about $55 and it costs me $20 a month to add it to my TMobile account for unlimited 4G coverage.

One thing to note, this mod works well in 4G rich environments. It does not work well when you don't have a lot of bars, or if you are in 3G areas.

With that being said, I've flown my BB2 way out and never lost data or video in a 4G rich environment.

I went a step beyond that and after some reading was able to broadcast live video and data, with audio from my drone/iPhone. I sent a link to family and friends around the country and in other parts of the world and they were able to see the live feed. They could even text me and I could answer.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheesenacho

Hi IronMan, the 4G/LTE mod works quite well. You will need to buy a compatible USB modem and add it to your mobile account. The setup is straight forward and doesn't take long. I bought a Huawei modem on Amazon for about $55 and it costs me $20 a month to add it to my TMobile account for unlimited 4G coverage.

One thing to note, this mod works well in 4G rich environments. It does not work well when you don't have a lot of bars, or if you are in 3G areas.

With that being said, I've flown my BB2 way out and never lost data or video in a 4G rich environment.

I went a step beyond that and after some reading was able to broadcast live video and data, with audio from my drone/iPhone. I sent a link to family and friends around the country and in other parts of the world and they were able to see the live feed. They could even text me and I could answer.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheesenacho
What was model # of the huawei did you use for tmobile?

Huawei E3372H-510 unlocked....

I just checked Amazon and it's on sale for $39.....don't buy the external antennas...I already went down that path to include a custom 3D printed holder. The drone does NOT like the weight and balance issues with the external antennas.

Keep in mind, this modem works with TMobile...I would think AT&T as well, but NOT with Verizon. Verizon is CDMA.

Cheesenacho

Huawei E3372H-510 unlocked....

I just checked Amazon and it's on sale for $39.....don't buy the external antennas...I already went down that path to include a custom 3D printed holder. The drone does NOT like the weight and balance issues with the external antennas.

Keep in mind, this modem works with TMobile...I would think AT&T as well, but NOT with Verizon. Verizon is CDMA.

Cheesenacho
Since I'm a Verizon user. I have a Tmobile samsung tab S 10in I use along with sc2. Wonder if I could use the service through tablet instead of going the tethering route from a Tmobile phone?

I appreciate your time answering these questions.. From my knowledge the Tmobile LTE Tab S allows calls and Think I can get an actual phone number attach to it. I know that the tablet+controller needs Internet to communicate through the site that allows communication through network that is supplied to the drone but. Was wondering if the tablet was LTE network tab it would bypass the tethering process..

IronMan,

You will have to purchase a USB modem which will ride backpack on your drone. I have not seen any other ways to get LTE working reliably for control and video on the drone.

CN

Attachments

• LTE Modem.png
    LTE Modem.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Well I wanted to get back to you about the whole 4g softmod.. It went pretty good except the fact Tmobile screwed up 1 of 2 prepaid accounts so they credited me few month on 1, which happens to be on drone.. so, I'll cut to the chase... Using my Verizon phone as Hotspot and Tmobile on the bird, getting a Direct connection but, little more lag then your probably getting. Ltn 80ms and 240ms, based on the group I follow on Slack they're surprised it's pretty good. The latest 1.2 works on both sc2 sc2p which I have both, Thanks For Support..
1c821612b72221402f6aca92c71791c1.jpg
14b607f7ffef27a4915b6b55c406a3b6.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame