Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Altitude limit removed?

spoty76

Reaction score
Hello,

Two days ago was flying anafi, and was surprised! I could fly higher than 150m. Checked yesterday, same thing, flew up to 305, then was afraid :)

Am I being slow and the update was released? Just interested why they decided to suddenly remove the limit.

No idea why they removed it, maybe because of all the complaints they where getting. Or maybe they knew people had work around,s so they just took it out. What ever the case its in the release notes.

"Unbridle motors to takeoff and fly at all altitudes "

I was about to return the anafi because alt. limit but now with new firmware I will keep it.
It was frustrating to go higher than 150m with flight plan but now it's solved

My Anafi is also on the latest firmware 1.6.3 but I still can't fly highter than 150m. Geofence is deactivated. What I have to do so I can also fly higher than 150m??

My Anafi is also on the latest firmware 1.6.3 but I still can't fly highter than 150m. Geofence is deactivated. What I have to do so I can also fly higher than 150m??
Idk, I'm on 1.6.0, and there is no limit, I fought that they re-added the limit in 1.6.3, so try to play with the settings

Idk, I'm on 1.6.0, and there is no limit, I fought that they re-added the limit in 1.6.3, so try to play with the settings
That's strange, because the changelog of the 1.6.3 says "Unbridle motors to takeoff and fly at all altitudes". There are no more settings I could check.

Maybe it's the country you are in. In which country are you? I'm currently in Europe....

Last edited:
Would not have through they would lock down by Country. Maybe FCC/EU but even that is locked to FCC if you use the patched application available on this site.

Not had chance to upgrade firmware and test myself, but I am sure "Augustine" or one of the other regulars has been flying with the latest firmware, maybe they will comment.

That's strange, because the changelog of the 1.6.3 says "Unbridle motors to takeoff and fly at all altitudes". There are no more settings I could check.

Maybe it's the country you are in. In which country are you? I'm currently in Italy....
I made a mistake, I meant I doubt they removed it in 1.6.3.

I'm flying in Russia, but it's hard to believe there is no air limit specifically in Russia, as our government wouldn't let that

This would be such great news...thought I ran into the ceiling today, but will try again tomorrow... 1.6.3

[Sunday 1/5/20] Holy Smokes!! It's true. I lifted off and flew to just over 1600 ft above Home Point. That took 30% battery. I'm at 9000 ft ASL. Mountains. Temps 30s, calm to no wind. Fantastic!

Last edited:
Holy Smokes!! It's true. I lifted off and flew to just over 1600 ft above Home Point. That took 30% battery. I'm at 9000 ft ASL. Mountains. Temps 30s, calm to no wind. Fantastic!
that's pretty amazing, which mountains were you in?
I live in the flat Midwest of USA so there aren't many opportunities for those altitudes for me.

Good news! It's working for me now too. I haven't changed anything, just activated and deactivated the geofence before i started to fly. Now the sky is the limit :D That's so cool!

Reactions: Senseicat
Good news! It's working for me now too. I haven't changed anything, just activated and deactivated the geofence before i started to fly. Now the sky is the limit :D That's so cool!

I thought you couldn't legally fly higher than 70m in Italy?

Last edited:
Hi all

I never really felt the need for high flights, but some really specific footage can only be taken above 150m.
It´s always a good idea to follow the law, unless authorization has been obtained for a specific purpose.

Yesterday i decided to verify if they really removed the altitude limit so i ventured into an open field, far from the city, with no air trafic and no airports and tested it up to 300m. That was high enough for me and for this one time test.

It´s confirmed, it´s removed. tested with "geofence: off".

It´s a nice feature to have, good to now that the quad is free from NFZ, and altitude limits.
It´s ALWAYS up to us to fly within the laws of common sense and security as this hobby (and any other) so require.

Fly safe and go on keeping the hobby off the media coverage for the wrong reasons ?

Reactions: Thanev and Regling
Flying in the mountains is difficult and dangerous, requires a thoroughly prepared flight plan, based on many topographical details of the route.
By editing the flight plan in an external editor the altidude of each way point can be set and verified with a topographical map.
Have been flying up to 730 m relativ to the start elevation at a distance of up to 2000 m. The AGL was always between 30 and 80 m.
My advice... if flying in mountains don't fly without a sound flight plan.

Thanks for opening this post.
With the geofence turned off I was able to fly up and photograph a 340m high cliff.
To say that I was delighted would be an understatement.
This is with the current software & firmware updates.

Reactions: Ratmir
Altitude limit is still there but set higher. Mine won’t fly over 499m high?

Can't agree. I got surprised with the limitless altutude the one day.
And tested it along the ridge of a hill up to a bit over 500m.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320