Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi’s new Firmware expectations

Apart from all beeing said (my Favourites are RTH Altitude and Panorama) i would really wish that Parrot would rework their optical flow / downcam workflow.
Even my older APM/Pixhawk can hover more stable and my Mavic Air is literally NAILED to a spot compared to the Anafi.
The Anafi "Drift" is exactly as imperfect as the bebop 1 & 2 showed.
I wonder why they cannot use the downcam images to keep the Anafi more stable.
With no wind its bareble but with high wind the drift is dangerously high...

Ender

Reactions: mariocuzo
Apart from all beeing said (my Favourites are RTH Altitude and Panorama) i would really wish that Parrot would rework their optical flow / downcam workflow.
Even my older APM/Pixhawk can hover more stable and my Mavic Air is literally NAILED to a spot compared to the Anafi.

Ender
hi,long time no see....did you try telnet?

Hi !
Of course but telnet is a nogo right now.
What works is to attach the controller to a Mac or Linux and to tcpip connect to port 9050 via adb. Then the controlle ris your oyster :) There is work ongoing to get into the Anafi as it was with the Bebops.
Main targets as usual are permanent FCC & beeing able to change RTH Altitude via reference.cfg (thats still there, the Anafi FW is already decrypted and dissected,only CHANGING it poses a huge problem).

Ender

If you guys want to join the effort there is a Slack group with an anafi channel where greater minds than mine try to get that done so if you are a coder / hacker /rev engineer, just join :)

Ender

Ender
Hi ender
I sent email to parrot regarding drift when hovering, this is their answer:
We already informed our developers team regarding this behaviour. We are glad to inform you that they are working on a fix for the behaviour.

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm a exact date of its release. We request you to kindly bear with us until the fix/update is release.

Hi ender
I sent email to parrot regarding drift when hovering, this is their answer:
We already informed our developers team regarding this behaviour. We are glad to inform you that they are working on a fix for the behaviour.

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm a exact date of its release. We request you to kindly bear with us until the fix/update is release.

Thats probably a AI-Bot answer :)

Lets hope for it...

Ender

Reactions: Skydreamer
Not sure if this is a firmware thing but making DNG's more compatible with lightroom. Less corrupted/missing files is HUUUGE in my opinion.

Not to thread jack, but why would we not want to support Rick??:confused:

Because he is over priced and he is a DJI fanboy and smartass when you ask him questions on his youtube channel. Seems to think because he is or was a engineer he knows everything, wont deal with him for those reasons.

Now that I'm out shooting, I realize I need to see the camera settings. I had a shot come in soft, and looking at it in Lightroom, it was set by Auto at 1/30, ISO 250. Had I seen that, I would have switched to Pro and set it to ISO 800, 1/100 or faster. We are both pilots and photographers, so we need both telemetry and camera setting visible always.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yup I agree and a histogram would have helped you zero in on a perfect shot. Trying to see the screen on a sunny day makes it very hard to tell what you have.

Tried twice to find the latest update, connected everything, no notification of update ?? Android S8+ Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh