Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI 1.7.3, ANAFI THERMAL 1.7.3, ANAFI USA 1.7.4, FREEFLIGHT 6.7.0 (IOS & ANDROID), SKYCONTROLLER3 1.7.0

no it was all connected well! Believe me! I'm a computer sitemist I know what I have to attack. but this was strange

Would be interested to see, if you remove the new version of FF6 and go back to using something like "FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC" if you get FCC back or does it stay in CE mode?

Also, in CE Mode, what the signal is like?
I'm not sure I have the ability to do that as I am on an IOS device located in usa. I believe android devices give you the ability to choose FCC or CE mode on setup, but i don't recall that on either of my Iphone apps unless i am missing something

Can anyone answer?

1.6.3 brought new features and improvements.
1.6.4 spoiled the FCC
1.6.5 damaged the batteries management (falling Anafi-s)
1.6.7 did nothing (still fallen drones)
Did 1.6.8 only fix bugs in 1.6.4 to 1.6.7?
So is it worth upgrading from 1.6.3? What do I gain if I upgrade?
(I'm staying with 1.6.3 for now)

Can anyone answer?

1.6.3 brought new features and improvements.
1.6.4 spoiled the FCC
1.6.5 damaged the batteries management (falling Anafi-s)
1.6.7 did nothing (still fallen drones)
Did 1.6.8 only fix bugs in 1.6.4 to 1.6.7?
So is it worth upgrading from 1.6.3? What do I gain if I upgrade?
(I'm staying with 1.6.3 for now)

I can't answer your questions but I wonder when Parrot talks about battery firmware if it might refer to dronelogbook? They might have needed a update to battery firmware to log the battery on their web page? In the Whats new part of google play store it mentioned "Enhanced compatibility with Drone Logbook. "
Makes me wonder just what Parrot is referring to.

Guys (and Girls),

I mentioned last week that I had sent a very lengthy email to Chris Roberts who is the vice president of Parrot. I assumed my email would have been binned, but no he has been communicating with me and has taken the time to respond to every question and statement I made.

So first of all, he has said that 1.6.8 which they just released as we know, goes a long way to putting the Anafi back to what it was in 1.6.3 but with some new features.

He accepts there was issues with the battery, where the Anafi landed/dropped with still significant power left, and that has been addressed in 1.6.8 as part of the evolution of the Anafi (His words).

I challenged him at one point on the lockout of CE/FCC issue many of us suffered. His response was that at no time was it Parrot's intention to try and lock-down the Anafi, this was an issue relating to the "Countrycode" bug, which we are aware of, and that 1.6.8 has now rectified this. And I guess thats why we are seeing some of the guys getting FCC mode again.

I know Chris could just take the Company line and tell me anything I wanted to hear, just to make the "little man" go away. But having communicated with him through various emails, I did get the sense that he is a genuine guy who seemed genuinely concerned about the points I raised, these point all being part of the experiences we have all suffered with the last 2 firmware releases.

I mentioned to him how frustrated we are trying to work with Parrot support, asking so many questions, we answer, and then they start all over again. The fact that it takes weeks to deal with them as they take so long to respond.

Chris's response: "We have recently made a comprehensive review of our support and service levels and as a result of this review defined and step by step started to implement a rigorous process improvement plan, this will be phased in over the next months and covers many elements of the support process. "

So lets hope first of all that 1.6.8 makes a major difference to flying the Anafi, and give us back what we had previously, which was a pleasure to fly the Anafi. And that should any issues arise, that the support line will deal with them better than they previously had.

He asked that I communicate with him regularly to try and work out any issues that we might come across. Again, I say, the guy sounds really genuine and interested in what the users say, it was perfectly clear he was very unhappy to hear of the experiences we have had of late.

So fingers crossed for 1.6.8

I tried my Anafi today, as i said i have channels from 1 to 48 without fake gps and when i turn fake gps i get from 1 to 165... I tried distance on auto channels where i have 1 to 48 (without fake gps) and managed to get 1853 meters without any loosing of signal, afyer that it was weak signals and i get around 2000m, when i was RTH, so im satisfied for now. Just can someone tell me which channels are better this what i have without fake gps 1to 48 or 1 to 165?

Personally if you are happy with the distance you are getting WITHOUT FakeGPS, I would stick to that. Bear in mind legislation for us states VLOS.

I am always concerned that if using apps like FakeGPS, might screw things up if RTH kicks in. Not something I want to test myself.

Reactions: Illirijus89
Understand, im satisfied with this distance and more important seems that now Anafi more secured for flight.
Just i wonder what is diferences with channels what i get without fake gps and this one with fake... And if i install modded app can i get more distance without fake gps or i need it still with modded app?

[...]

I am always concerned that if using apps like FakeGPS, might screw things up if RTH kicks in. Not something I want to test myself.

How should that happen?

The bird has no connection to "fake GPS"
It is setting the HP on its GPS signals.
And it is displaying the actual location on the map , isn't it?
Even with fake GPS, you'll see YOUR GPS position on the map.

Are you coming from the Spark and thinking that the "flyaways" had something to do with fake GPS?
Not only fake GPS user had flyaways! ;-)

Guys (and Girls),

I mentioned last week that I had sent a very lengthy email to Chris Roberts who is the vice president of Parrot. I assumed my email would have been binned, but no he has been communicating with me and has taken the time to respond to every question and statement I made.

So first of all, he has said that 1.6.8 which they just released as we know, goes a long way to putting the Anafi back to what it was in 1.6.3 but with some new features.

He accepts there was issues with the battery, where the Anafi landed/dropped with still significant power left, and that has been addressed in 1.6.8 as part of the evolution of the Anafi (His words).

I challenged him at one point on the lockout of CE/FCC issue many of us suffered. His response was that at no time was it Parrot's intention to try and lock-down the Anafi, this was an issue relating to the "Countrycode" bug, which we are aware of, and that 1.6.8 has now rectified this. And I guess thats why we are seeing some of the guys getting FCC mode again.

I know Chris could just take the Company line and tell me anything I wanted to hear, just to make the "little man" go away. But having communicated with him through various emails, I did get the sense that he is a genuine guy who seemed genuinely concerned about the points I raised, these point all being part of the experiences we have all suffered with the last 2 firmware releases.

I mentioned to him how frustrated we are trying to work with Parrot support, asking so many questions, we answer, and then they start all over again. The fact that it takes weeks to deal with them as they take so long to respond.

Chris's response: "We have recently made a comprehensive review of our support and service levels and as a result of this review defined and step by step started to implement a rigorous process improvement plan, this will be phased in over the next months and covers many elements of the support process. "

So lets hope first of all that 1.6.8 makes a major difference to flying the Anafi, and give us back what we had previously, which was a pleasure to fly the Anafi. And that should any issues arise, that the support line will deal with them better than they previously had.

He asked that I communicate with him regularly to try and work out any issues that we might come across. Again, I say, the guy sounds really genuine and interested in what the users say, it was perfectly clear he was very unhappy to hear of the experiences we have had of late.

@d95gas Thank You for this post ! [emoji1303][emoji16]

Inviato dal mio VOG-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

And if i install modded app can i get more distance without fake gps or i need it still with modded app?

You don't need fake GPS with the mod
The mod is switching bird and remote to FCC power output
Which is about 1 watt, in 149-165
In CE, however, it is a lot less!
Under 100 mW

Reactions: Illirijus89
You don't need fake GPS with the mod
The mod is switching bird and remote to FCC power output
Which is about 1 watt, in 149-165
In CE, however, it is a lot less!
Under 100 mW
So what would you sugest me, stay like this or use fake gps and try higher channels or maybe modded app?

Update just done.
I still see fcc channels, here in France.
There is still no height limit.

But i didn’t do any fly test for now

Guys (and Girls),

"So first of all, he has said that 1.6.8 which they just released as we know, goes a long way to putting the Anafi back to what it was in 1.6.3 but with some new features."
What are these functions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville