Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi and Mavic 2 Pro Quick Footage Comparison

Which one do you like better?

• I can't really tell a lot of difference

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I like the Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Anafi baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Understandable.

However...
DR is $299
NV plugin for DR starts at $89.9 (res-limited to 1080), $159.9 (full res)

It's really pretty steep if you look at it this way... ;)
Yup. And Neat is not that user friendly either. But it’s geared for Professionals, so I guess it’s not a crazy price. Last time I checked, Neat does adhere to plugin standards, so it will probably work with numerous Free NLEs. I wonder if it works in HitFilm studio? Doubtful, but if it does you’d have a good solid NLE and just be out the cost of Neat.

In all Anafi videos there is the same problem - poor detail in the shadows. In the shadows of Anafi there is nothing at all. Nothing but blackness.
In case you haven't noticed, I took two screenshots from the video.
2019-08-09_11-05-13.jpg

2019-08-09_11-07-15.jpg

I can't solve it with either P-LOG or HDR.

Therefore, from the very first frame it was obvious the drone 1 is not Anafi.

Last edited:
None of my videos show such loss of detail in the shadows. It is as if your Anafi has underexposed by a full stop or more. The white roof of the temple or whatever it is should be white, but it's grey in the Anafi. Could it be possible that the EV was set to -1? Or some other setting besides full Auto?

None of my videos show such loss of detail in the shadows. It is as if your Anafi has underexposed by a full stop or more. The white roof of the temple or whatever it is should be white, but it's grey in the Anafi. Could it be possible that the EV was set to -1? Or some other setting besides full Auto?
Nice catch on the white/grey roof.
We can’t possibly expect the Anafi to have the dynamic range of the Hasselblad on a M2Pro, but you should be able to get some more shadow detail than that.

I performed a series of shooting tests on a bright Sunny day. The "Natural" mode is absolutely unsuitable. Any details in the shadows are completely absent. The best results in terms of dynamic range of the scene were achieved with ND8 filter and exposure compensation +1... +1,3. At the same time, we must remember that the filters FreeWell disgusting quality and heavily blurred image.
AUTO, Natural
1565444730979.png

HDR, Natural, Exp. +1
1565444906691.png

ND8, HDR, Natural, Exp. +1
1565445101768.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K