Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi camera(sensor) replacement?

Bgerritse

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have a problem with a Anafi that is out of warranty. I can find some people that have had this issue but it is always solved by replacing the drone through Parrot.
That unfortunately will not work in my case.

The issue I am having is corruption/artifacts in the image: Filmpje_3 (1).png

First suspect for me is the imaging sensor, which on its own is pretty much impossible to exchange.
I understand that the camera module and mainboard are married in a way where you cannot swap one without the other, that complicated things a bit.

Does anybody have some solid advise? I have decent skills in electronics and soldering, replacing basic parts when needed shouldn't be a problem.

Before I buy some salvaged parts I would like to know what the chances of success are :)

Thanks in advance!

This post appears to indicate that the camera can be changed and recognised by the Anafi provided that the control board is not changed.

Reactions: Bgerritse
This post appears to indicate that the camera can be changed and recognised by the Anafi provided that the control board is not changed.
Great find!
Must have missed this post. Much obliged.

Your picture gives me an idea.
Do you have by chance the "show over exposure" feature on, at all times?
It looks a bit like this could be the part in there, where you see, on your phone, that is it overexposed!
Which would let me try, if out of warranty at least, to check whats happened with this feature switched OFF!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bgerritse
Hey guys,

So I have a problem with a Anafi that is out of warranty. I can find some people that have had this issue but it is always solved by replacing the drone through Parrot.
That unfortunately will not work in my case.

The issue I am having is corruption/artifacts in the image: View attachment 4563

First suspect for me is the imaging sensor, which on its own is pretty much impossible to exchange.
I understand that the camera module and mainboard are married in a way where you cannot swap one without the other, that complicated things a bit.

Does anybody have some solid advise? I have decent skills in electronics and soldering, replacing basic parts when needed shouldn't be a problem.

Before I buy some salvaged parts I would like to know what the chances of success are :)

Thanks in advance!
I don't think this is a sensor error. Because this error phenomenon varies in the image, I think it is a software problem. The phenomenon is similar to the "Zebra stripes" used to display overexposure and also software bands

Your picture gives me an idea.
Do you have by chance the over "show over exposure" feature on, at all times?
It looks a bit like this could be the part in there, where you see, on your phone, that is it overexposed!
Which would let me try, if out of warranty at least, to check whats happened with this feature switched OFF!

Yea this was my initial thought too, but it makes no difference.
The overexposure highlighter should also not end up on the captured image (video or picture)
What does change the way the error behaves is the HDR setting.
When set to 'off' it is less noticeable (but still apparent)

I don't think this is a sensor error. Because this error phenomenon varies in the image, I think it is a software problem. The phenomenon is similar to the "Zebra stripes" used to display overexposure and also software bands
Hmm, valid point. If it was a sensor physical malfunction the defect would be static.
I can imagine though, that there is an error for a certain combination of color/brightness that triggers is. This might be a hardware failure too?

I uploaded a small video clip where the distortion is visible on the roof of the safari tent: P5780589.MP4

I have seen it on sale for 399 brand new and 100% working with 2 years warranty

Hmm, valid point. If it was a sensor physical malfunction the defect would be static.
I can imagine though, that there is an error for a certain combination of color/brightness that triggers is. This might be a hardware failure too?

I uploaded a small video clip where the distortion is visible on the roof of the safari tent: P5780589.MP4
I watched the video. There is a strange discoloration on the border of the two white shades at the top of the building.
Was it always like that, or was it good at first? Try an ND filter, it might reduce this phenomenon. Final solution: Request a replacement.

I watched the video. There is a strange discoloration on the border of the two white shades at the top of the building.
Was it always like that, or was it good at first? Try an ND filter, it might reduce this phenomenon. Final solution: Request a replacement.

I bought it like this, so yea for me it was always apparent.
Requesting a replacement isn't going to work, but the ND filter might be an idea!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut