Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi doesn't recognize SD cards

Themmost

Reaction score
Hi!

My Anafi doesn't recognize any SD card anymore.

The SD card icon says "No SD card". Tapping the icon doesn't do anything.

I took the drone apart to fix a gimbal issue. The SD card rippon cable seems to be properly attached and intact.

Any ideas where to look further?

If it was working before then you may have dislodged the SD ribbon or even torn it, as it can tear quite easily.

Hello!
I had the same story. After the drone crashed, the SD card was no longer recognized.The SD card rippon cable seems to be properly attached and intact. I checked it with a tester, all contacts are working. The original SD card is recognized on a computer. I also tried other SD cards. All the same, he writes that there is no SD card.
As I understand it, your problem is resolved. You had a loose plug in the socket. Right?

Hi!

My Anafi doesn't recognize any SD card anymore.

The SD card icon says "No SD card". Tapping the icon doesn't do anything.

I took the drone apart to fix a gimbal issue. The SD card rippon cable seems to be properly attached and intact.

Any ideas where to look further?
Hi, I realise this is a bit late in adding, but I had the same problem yesterday, the Parrot just wouldn't recognise the SD Card. I tried all sorts and then saw something about formatting the SD card, so I did in my computer - still nothing. I tried testing by switching one last time and I was prompted to format by the app. Worked a treat! Might be worth trying in future?

^ I'm in same boat I tried that switch method once didn't work for me. plug looks like it plugged in ok, which makes me believe micro sd cards do that always when there is a shock to them. still cant record off mine even reformatted in pc. nothing.

I repair my ANAFI.

The plug is too weak, so if UAV it falls forwards or backwards, it breaks and comes off. the small piece that you see is the tip that breaks.

If you have the fault, they must buy the spare part. The connector is fixed with a soldered fixing sheet, they need a good soldering station. I use a ERSA 150W.

Attachments

• 20230323_234608.jpg
    20230323_234608.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230323_234307.jpg
    20230323_234307.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 10
Hi, all I replaced the sd card reader but it still don't recognize any sd card.... I tryed to hard reset battery and drone, but nothing changed.... please help I can not do it alone :(

Dissapointed. Took anafi apart 2nd time, will not take apart again. Ufl plugs only have a rating of about 5 connects. Attemped to get SD card to read but everything was plugged in properly on the board and nothing ripped on ribbon. It is not SD card itself because I tried another and same no SD card error. Even getting to the SD card is in my opinion the hardest part out of the drone to repair. You have to disconnect so many wires. The drone is not made easy to repair. A clip that holds main board power and gimbal to mb would even have been better than solder.

Cannot click the error either in FF6.
Board and ribbon look fine and connected to mb properly so no clue what the issue is.

I now have an anafi that I can still fly notmally but only use 720p screen capture and no record and save of 4k...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 7
I re inspected an anafi today. No tears on ribbon. Plugged into board well. Nothing wrong with card. FF6 still tells me, No SD card. What else could it be? Pins not contacting actual card?

Now after taking it apart 6 times! The anafi won't recognize two perfect condition anafi mini SD card readers connected properly.

I can conclude that when you receive a "no sd card" error and the ribbon is in good condition, there must be a problem with the motherboard not recognizing or you have to reload the driver which was corrupted or locked up due to a crash somehow on it for some reason. RESET has no effect either. Why this happens is unclear and it appears the error is permanent with no fix possible to record again. Fly for fun or use as parts.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone comes searching for answers and finds themselves here (like I did), here's how I got mine to work.

Background: The card is a 64gb Sandisk Extreme micro SD card. The drone was reporting no SD at all.

My solution:

1) Download Fat32 Format from here: Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd
2) Format your microSD using this app. I went with the Quick option.
3) Put your card back into the drone and fire everything up. At this point I was getting an SD Error rather than No SD Card.
4) From here I was able to use the in-built formatting tool in the Parrot app.

By default, Windows only lets me choose NTFS or ExFAT when formatting this kind of MicroSD card using the in-built Windows formatting tool. I had a suspicion that only FAT32 was supported by the drone, and some googling seemed to suggest that might be correct.

Hopefully someone out there finds this helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut