Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi firmware 1.6.1

Thanks AnafiPilot1 for the response.

Gimbal does move freely with no binding of any kind.

Surface is level using an actual construction level.

Recalibrated 3 times with same results.

I also deleted and reinstalled FF6 on both my iPhone and iPad.

Erased all data from my disk for the aircraft.

And I'm assuming there is no way to "re-flash" the aircraft to download the data again eh?

Drone: 1.6.1
Controller: 1.6.2
Phone: 6.6.1

I was prompted automatically for these updates

Shouldn't the aircraft and controller supposedly be the same version? Theoretically speaking.......

Just read Parrot site. I have the correct versions of firmware and both my devices (phone / ipad) are iOS 13.1.2

You could try reseting the drone - on FF6, click on the drone icon, under the map in the information screen, scroll up till you see the reset button.

Out of interest does the calibration actually complete? It should do normal power up gimbal init, then it should (slowly) rock fully left to fully right, then fully down and fully up. Is this completing correctly, is any of the axis look like it is not doing the full sweep, the movements should be to the end stops of the gimbal movement?

Yep. I tried that a couple of times also. Still the same.

Yes the calibration fully goes through all axis to the stops and come back to center. And the sensor is level.

I did battery reset also. Used 3 different cords from phone to remote.

Yep. I tried that a couple of times also. Still the same.

Yes the calibration fully goes through all axis to the stops and come back to center. And the sensor is level.

I did battery reset also. Used 3 different cords from phone to remote.
I've had pretty much the same issue since the previous app/firmware update, there's another thread about it. I've not flown the drone since then (not for any reason other than poor weather, doing other stuff etc), but the gimble itself seems to operate fine when testing it. I've yet to update to this latest fw to see if anything has changed.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Wish there was a way to “flash” the memory and make it “re-update”...they should really offer that option since downloads over wireless or sketchy carrier service areas can create anomalies.

No idea why you do not see the update on in the App where the Anafi Icon is at the top. It took my firmware from 1.6.1 rc_2 back to 1.6.1

Thank you , got it to update with my tablet and FF 6.6.5.3 SC 1.6.1 and it worked , i was trying to update with 6.5.5.2 in house apk

4k altitudes is still in effect
(y)(y)(y)

was with 1.6.1 rc_2 now 1.6.1

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratmir
Thank you , got it to update with my tablet and SC 6.6.5.3 1.6.1 and it worked , i was trying to update with SC 6.5.5.2 in house apk

4k altitudes is still in effect
(y)(y)(y)

was with 1.6.1 rc_2 now 1.6.1
Anafi firmware 1.61 and skycontroller 1.62 and 4k altitudes is still effect?
Last time i checked inhouse apk give me anafi firmware are 1.61_rc4 now is 1.61?

Anafi firmware 1.61 and skycontroller 1.62 and 4k altitudes is still effect?
Last time i checked inhouse apk give me anafi firmware are 1.61_rc4 now is 1.61?

confusing ,,, ether way the update will bring the drone to 1.6.1 , rc2, will be a thing of the pass ,
keep the ff 6.5.5.2 in house apk for 4k if you dont care like me about FPV

rc2 was the drone software ... the in house apk is 6.5.5.2 RC4, you can see that on the ff startup screen ,
in the apps , the SC icon says 1.6.1 and with a update to 1.6.2 , i think if you ubdate to 1.6.2 4k is gone , correct me if am wrong

Last edited:
confusing ,,, ether way the update will bring the drone to 1.6.1 , rc2, will be a thing of the pass ,
keep the SC 6.5.5.2 in house apk for 4k if you dont care like me about FPV

rc2 was the drone software ... the SC in house apk is 6.5.5.2 RC4
I tested again the inhouse apk and no download any new firmware (i have 1.61_rc4) the last apk 6.6.1 give me the 1.61 final update from 1.61_rc4 drone firmware and 1.62 skycontroller. The 4k altitude work with last apk with geofence off (at video 50m 150m i think is a bug) with 1.61rc4 anafi firmware. I not use apk inhouse for flight.

i had to use SC with a different software with another tablet to get the drone to update to 1.6.1

Last edited:
i had to use SC with a different software with another tablet to get the drone to update yo 1.6.1
You updated with 6.6.1 apk (not inhouse beta apk)? with another device. For me the only way is the last playstore apk:

Attachments

• 20191013_023406.jpg
    20191013_023406.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 16
inhouse beta apk ,picture below

with this one the drone didn't update
with 6.5.3 on a old tablet it did update THE DRONE to 1.61 , my phone wich is my primary device has the inhouse beta apk that am keeping
Screenshot_20191012-205440_FreeFlight 6.jpg

6.5.3 was already on the old tablet , another could work ... didn't update the SC to 1.6.2

Last edited:
I'm in the UK and just did mine. I previously had the "Beta" software that a good deal of us installed previously. This has now been upgraded to 1.6.1 and the controller to 1.6.2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456