Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi follow-me question

sthoward

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got my Anafi and I’ve been playing with the follow-me feature. Here’s a test video I shot today.

I found that no matter how I positioned the drone relative to the subject, it would always end up following from behind. That was not what I was expecting. I saw a couple of video’s on YouTube where the drone would “follow” from in front of the subject. Here is an example: (Skip ahead to about the 4:45 mark)

How do I get the Anafi to “follow” from the front like that? Or from the side? For me it always seems to follow from behind.

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Not an expert here,
6.2 added to new Track and Dynamic witch changed the function of follow me. I think you also need to get closer use Dynamic Put drone out in front first then put green box on you. If you go out of site between motor-homes it stops visual tracking and just tracks remote controller or phone.

FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.2
Fixes and Improvements

• Auto-recording of Cineshots and SmartDronies (video mode only)
  • Improved HDR in 4K UHD
  • HDR available in 2,7K and 1080p standard video modes
  • HDR available in JPEG Single and Burst photo modes
  • AE Lock available in PRO mode
  • Bracketing: RAW support
  • Burst : 14 pictures in half a second
  • Improved Smart RTH
  • Touch & Fly mode divided into two sub-modes: Waypoint & POI (point of interest)
New features

• Pairing of Skycontroller 3 and ANAFI using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable (a µSD card must be inserted into ANAFI)
  • Two new Follow Me modes: Track and Dynamic
  • Smart framing: choose the position of your subject within the frame in Cameraman, SmartDronies and Follow Me modes.
  • Neural Network: double tap to select a person or a car in Cameraman, SmartDronies and Follow Me modes
  • New Dronies: Orbit et Parabola (Smartdronies) Vertigo (Mode POI)
  • New Cineshot : Spiral
  • Spot AE
  • Slow Motion 120 fps (4x slower) in 720p
  • ANAFI yaw speed correlated to zoom factor
  • Gimbal tilt widget on screen
  • Gimbal calibration through the app
  • “Hand launch” tutorial at first access to the HUD
  • High wind alerts on screen

I always thought in that Jeep video someone else was controlling the "orbit"? I was messing around with follow me(i was stationary) and just by moving the right stick to the right the drone position moved me.

cool video by the way!!

I think that while you are in follow me mode, you can hit a button to activate some of the other special features like boomerang, parabola, and orbit. Haven’t tried those yet.

I think that while you are in follow me mode, you can hit a button to activate some of the other special features like boomerang, parabola, and orbit. Haven’t tried those yet.

If you want to follow from a fixed clock position (front) relative to the subject select the "Locked" Follow option. Locked will maintain a fixed heading while following the subject and I find it most useful.

Track will clock around to the rear and Dynamic will maintain a heading based on the subject clock.

Ok so it looks like my Anafi was in the “track” mode. How do I choose “locked” or “dynamic” modes? I didn’t see these in the manual.

By the way - thanks for posting the great video Robbi!

Ok so it looks like my Anafi was in the “track” mode. How do I choose “locked” or “dynamic” modes? I didn’t see these in the manual.

By the way - thanks for posting the great video Robbi!

When in the follow mode use the dropdown menu on the lower left to select track, locked or dynamic.

Here Anafi is locked following from front.

Okay, newbie question here!

Somebody was controlling the flight path in this Jeep video, right? That's the only way it could possibly turn at the right moments, surely? Was this taken using Follow Me mode, but locked, with the subject chosen from the front before starting to record?

Somebody was controlling the flight path in this Jeep video, right? That's the only way it could possibly turn at the right moments, surely? Was this taken using Follow Me mode, but locked, with the subject chosen from the front before starting to record?
I had asked him that very question on another forum. This was his response:
"Anafi is in follow locked mode, I am steering Anafi with the right stick but yaw and altitude are autonomous. I'm still learning the other follow modes. Dynamic follow clocks with the subject but doesn't work from the front since it cannot predict the path. Anafi is a dream in follow.

I had asked him that very question on another forum. This was his response:
"Anafi is in follow locked mode, I am steering Anafi with the right stick but yaw and altitude are autonomous. I'm still learning the other follow modes. Dynamic follow clocks with the subject but doesn't work from the front since it cannot predict the path. Anafi is a dream in follow.
Thanks @Agustine for that response! That's impressive! I'll stick with just getting the thing in the air & getting comfortable with the basics of this bird first & foremost, but that is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking forward to playing with! :)

Reactions: Scouts
Thanks @Agustine for that response! That's impressive! I'll stick with just getting the thing in the air & getting comfortable with the basics of this bird first & foremost, but that is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking forward to playing with! :)

The Anafi may have the best follow and tracking capabilities I have seen so far on drones. Even better then the much more expensive Mavic Pro/Zoom. The video above is very impressive I have to say. Even More so thinking that he partly steered the drone while it still was in a perfectly working tracking mode.

How do I access my orbit mode an the features that follow

How do I access my orbit mode an the features that follow
A cheap in-app purchase. Or try using Cameraman, which allows you to steer the Anafi up, down, left, right, closer & further away, bu that requires 2 hands to achieve, whereas the Follow Me modes allow you one handed movements, if you are not interested in moving closer & further away.

Reactions: Scouts
I want to make a ride with my byke in Locked- Follow me mode with te Anafy 50 m beside or for me, and camera looking FORWARDS not filming myself.
Has anyone ever done that, I only see movies with the cameraman on it and I absolutely hate that. I haven't found an answer up to now how to do this.

Last edited:
As far as I know Anafi's camera has too be optically locked on the subject to follow; I do not believe you can do this. The Typhoon H and some other follow drones can follow with the camera in a free mode.

Reactions: highanddry
As far as I know Anafi's camera has too be optically locked on the subject to follow; I do not believe you can do this. The Typhoon H and some other follow drones can follow with the camera in a free mode.
Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame