Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Free Flight App Display Question

wscreate

Reaction score
In the lower, right edge of the Freeflight 6 app, it shows the circle and the orientation of the controller to the drone. It seems that the broadcast from the controller is indicating either red or blue in color depending on certain factors. I'm guessing blue indicates a good transmission and red indicates a poor transmission. In that regard, I have the following questions;

1. Am I correct in my statement above that blue = good transmission and red = poor transmission?
2. Why is it sometimes showing the controller broadcast in red even though I'm about 40 meters away and I am pointing my controller properly at the drone? (see attached photos of the screen capture)
3. I thought that the Anafi has wifi antennae in all four legs of the drone? Why then does the graphic show it as broadcasting only out of one specific (forward) side of the drone?

I've looked through the manual but I don't see anything which references the color coding scheme of the display in the app as I've described.

Thanks.

Screenshot (58).png
Screenshot (59).png

I never paid attention to the color of the TX indicator, it seems logical to be signal quality, but you'd need to look at the top of the screen as well to note the link signal strength to be sure that they correlate.

There are 2 antennas in each of the 4 legs, 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz band. In your photos the model is pointing to the right in both as indicated by the green "beam" showing camera direction so the TX color was blue and red in this same orientation.

I never paid attention to the color of the TX indicator, it seems logical to be signal quality, but you'd need to look at the top of the screen as well to note the link signal strength to be sure that they correlate.

There are 2 antennas in each of the 4 legs, 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz band. In your photos the model is pointing to the right in both as indicated by the green "beam" showing camera direction so the TX color was blue and red in this same orientation.

Yes. Correct. I just don't understand why the transmission shows red and blue just seconds apart as the orientation is basically the same. I guess I'm a techie person and would like to know what this visual information is telling me about the transmission quality.

Reactions: Ross
I have always signing in red when i am oriented in a wrong direction. But in your image it's red, but you seems face the right direction.

Hi, The red and Blue indicate the best positioning or the controller to the drone, so if you face away from the drone with the controller it will turn red , as you turn back it goes blue. The vertical line show transmission from the controller. its just a guide for optimal TX and RX. Hope that helps.

Hi, The red and Blue indicate the best positioning or the controller to the drone, so if you face away from the drone with the controller it will turn red , as you turn back it goes blue. The vertical line show transmission from the controller. its just a guide for optimal TX and RX. Hope that helps.

Hi. Thank you. Note the position of the drone is right in front of the controller yet it's red. And in the other one, it is basically the same postion but the tx icon is blue. I don't understand why it was red.

The majority of time when I fly 50ft or less AGL I have noticed that the blue "fan" which seems to indicate optimum signal is only available when I point the controller about 20-30 deg. away from the Anafi. I always thought optimum signal was pointing the controller directly at the Anafi. Yet when I point the controller directly at the Anafi, the "cone" is red
Or is this a result of the antenna "placement " within my phone?

I have this same problem. On the free flight app, the graphic showing which way the controller is facing.
When my phone which is connected to the controller is pointing towards the anafi then all is good but the controller is now facing 45 degrees away from the anafi. Then as i turn myself and face the anafi with the controller now also facing the anafi the graphic now show im 45 degrees in the other direction and not lined up and showing red.
So to conclude the app only sees which way the phone device is facing and not the controller.
If there is something im doing wrong then Doh. But if its all in the design of the anafi then. Well we see.

Strange. That shouldn’t be the case. I am using an iPhone XS Max and the direction is perfectly aligned with the real controller direction for me.

I'm using Huawei mate 20 pro. I obviously have to turn the phone to landscape. If I put the phone into the controller clamp upright in portrait then yes it all point the right way, I'll see if I can find anything out about changing a setting in the phone. Thx for replys.

I have the same problem after try to recalibrate the controller (and the compass too).
The software asked me to move the controller to calibrate the compass, but it was a never ending step.

Yes... But if i test the phone compass, in Google Maps, it's correct. It's more like the program set a correction angle or something.

Very strange. Is there a difference if you turn it left or right into landscape mode? So that when it’s in the controller it’s facing left or right.

Very strange. Is there a difference if you turn it left or right into landscape mode? So that when it’s in the controller it’s facing left or right.
Not tested. I think the phone correct this data when dectect if in landscape and the orientation.
In the next days i try to do some tests.

I have always signing in red when i am oriented in a wrong direction. But in your image it's red, but you seems face the right direction.
I think the same thing. I have the impression that the signal is green when looking in the same direction as the drone

Reactions: wscreate
I've only ever flown from the perspective of the drone rather than the controller (tap the small circle to toggle between the two). Set up this way, the icon in the middle of the circle always represents the drone and the colors (which I find impossible to reliably see anyway) are irrelevant. When flying, if home is at the top of the circle the drone is pointed at me and, if home is at the nine oclock position I'm off the drone's left wing, so-to-speak. Six oclock position and I'm behind the drone, etc. I just imagine I'm riding on the drone looking forward and, this way, to fly home you push (or pull) the stick directly towards the Home icon at the edge of the circle. It doesn't matter which direction you're facing (from a direction-of-flight standpoint) and we don't need no steenkin' colors...

Having numerous hours on rc aircraft,I dont run into orientation problems, but do wonder if the Anafi is outside the blue "cone",is it more susceptible to signal degradation/loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut