Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi free photo software alternative to lightroom

MustangPhil

Reaction score
Hello guys and Anafi New Year to all of you,

I’m moving my software set to the ‘free’ world.

For video editing I already adopted DaVinci Resolve 15 to replace Adobe Premiere and I frankly do not regret it ! The learning curve is a little steep, but thanks to YouTube tutorials, it’s very feasible...

For photo edition, I’d like to switch from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop to free versions.
My needs are to work on Raw files, assemble HDR files, Horizontal and vertical panoramas, lens correction for Raw Files. Add titles, texts, arrows...

I was looking at Gimp, RawTherapy or Dark table, Huggin ...
Do any of you make the big jump to these ? Do lens correction tools for Anafi already exist for the above software or do you have to make your own ?

Tanks for your advices !

I've moved to alternatives for almost all software I use, but PS/LR are the only ones I couldn't find a satisfactory alternative for. Either too clunky or underperforming.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Hello guys and Anafi New Year to all of you,

I’m moving my software set to the ‘free’ world.

For video editing I already adopted DaVinci Resolve 15 to replace Adobe Premiere and I frankly do not regret it ! The learning curve is a little steep, but thanks to YouTube tutorials, it’s very feasible...

For photo edition, I’d like to switch from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop to free versions.
My needs are to work on Raw files, assemble HDR files, Horizontal and vertical panoramas, lens correction for Raw Files. Add titles, texts, arrows...

I was looking at Gimp, RawTherapy or Dark table, Huggin ...
Do any of you make the big jump to these ? Do lens correction tools for Anafi already exist for the above software or do you have to make your own ?

Tanks for your advices !
Howdy Phil,

I'm not sure whether you know this or not, but you can continue to use the Library (DAM) module of Lightroom for free, then edit your RAW files in Adobe Camera RAW, which if you search for it on the Adobe site, you can download & use for free also! ACR has the exact same abilities as Lightroom Classic! HDR Pano's, HDR, ordinary Pano's, Lens Profiles, etc...

So, if you use Lightroom as a referenced library, according to your organisational structure requirements, it should work nicely for you still.

In regards of a free Photoshop alternative I don't know what to suggest there, fingers crossed others know, as I'd be interested to find out too!

Thanks for your infos,
I’ll try your suggestion with ACR as I didn’t know it was free and had the same functions for my needs as Lightroom.
I’ll switch then to Gimp as a all-purpose image editing tool.
As I intend to use it more and more professionally, I prefere to stick with ‘legally free versions’ of all my tools (thank you Helix)
I may try also Huggin for complicated panos, it seems adequate from what I read.
The lens profiles written for Adobe Lightroom and ACR seem to be compatible with RawTherapy and DarkTable. Dirk, do you use them with RawTherapy ?

As soon as I will make my mind and switch, I’ll keep you informed of my progresses (if any) on this thread...

Reactions: Island Xpress
Thanks for your infos,
I’ll try your suggestion with ACR as I didn’t know it was free and had the same functions for my needs as Lightroom.
I’ll switch then to Gimp as a all-purpose image editing tool.
As I intend to use it more and more professionally, I prefere to stick with ‘legally free versions’ of all my tools (thank you Helix)
I may try also Huggin for complicated panos, it seems adequate from what I read.
The lens profiles written for Adobe Lightroom and ACR seem to be compatible with RawTherapy and DarkTable. Dirk, do you use them with RawTherapy ?

As soon as I will make my mind and switch, I’ll keep you informed of my progresses (if any) on this thread...
Yes, the lens profiles can be used perfectly in RawTherapee.

I can get you the completley prfessional version! No old version or all of that stuff. You wont be able to link your adobe acc. Thats all.
The DronePilots Network does not allow any "infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights"

If you want to continue any such conversion please do it in a PM and not in the open forum.

Keep an eye out for "Humble Bundles". Humble Monthly

I got Vegas (video software) and most recently, 6 photo programs, including Corel Paintshop Pro and a fantastic HDR program, for not a lot of money (25$). They usually have last year's versions (but some update to the latest) for a minimum donation to whatever charity they are supporting at the time and are full licensed software recognized by their producers. They mostly have games, but occasionally have video and photo software.

I have Gimp and Raw Therapee (free), but it's hard for me to figure out, even with some of the YouTube training, how to do some of the things I want to do in them and actually, I'm learning a lot more about Gimp by going through Paintshop training.

I’m pro and I’ve only ever used gimp and rawtherapee. Love them both. New to video but thinking premiere is the only way to go for video thus far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut