Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi is now Pix4Dcapture compatible...

Thanks!

Is "manual" landing possible with Pix4D? Cause sometimes a ~1-2 meters difference in the landing place could be problematic.

I used it a few times when it first came out and found it needing improvement. I have done just as good maps with my Autel X-Star UAV and that is not setup to do mapping. Mapping is not hard, as long as you have enough photos at the proper height and over lap any mapping program will put it all together with the right telemetry. :)

Reactions: loyukfai
When I did the test with Pix4Dcapture, I did take off and land using exclusively Pix4Dcapture. FreeFlight 6 was not involved in the flight and I am under the impression it should not be started to avoid unwanted interferences with Pix4Dcapture App that did its job pretty well alone.

After a quick look at Pix4DCapture forum, I see many users who report problems with this App. They seem to occur after the very last Anafi firmware update, specifically on Android devices.
I’ll wait until they fix it.
For refererence you can check with this link on Pix4Dcapture support forum, they have a thread dedicated to this problem with the Anafi:
[Android, iOS] Parrot ANAFI support

Last edited:
When I did the test with Pix4Dcapture, I did take off and land using exclusively Pix4Dcapture. FreeFlight 6 was not involved in the flight and I am under the impression it should not be started to avoid unwanted interferences with Pix4Dcapture App that did its job pretty well alone.
Last time I used Pix4Dcapture, I had to close FF6 to run the capture app. So using both apps together is not possible either.
But of course you can takeover control with SC3.

It seems problems with Pix4Dcapture have been solved with Anafi Firmware update 1.2.4

I’ll do a flight test and report here.
Problems were the following: during ‘grid capture flights’, the Anafi did stop the mission at the end of the first branch.
When it hovered, you could still manually flight it back home...

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Guys can I ask a question about Px4DCapture.... I think I know the answer, but just want to clarify.

I see the software is free. As its free can I assume they are making their money by only allowing you to use their portal for the pics, and have a charging mechanism for that, OR,

Can I install the application and save the pics to my own application(s). I dont mind paying, but for me, the use will only be maybe once or twice a year, so dont want to commit to a heavy costing for the occasional use.

Thanks

Photos are saved to your SDcard and can be used in any mapping software or mapping website you like. I use them in Agisoft Photo Scan Pro.

Ok cool, guess who is going to be installing :) A have a forest to do for a friend who manages it, wants to see where he needs to plant or fell..... Could of used the Mavic.... But these days I much prefer the Anafi.

Thanks Augustine.

Nice work ..... Think I looked at Dronedeploy on the Mavic in the early days. Just installed on the tablet and will have a look, looks like one I am going to be forced to read the manual :)

Hi, guys!!
Someone had try pix4d with the last firmare (1.2.4)? some trouble?
another question: can i turn in manual piloting during the mission anytime?
thanks

With Pix4Dcapture (the free App that allows you to plan your pictures), you can fly manually anytime. It just stops the mission.
The only bug related to the last Anafi firmware (1.2.4), is that it sometimes do not end the mission or stop during the first branch of the ‘Grid Capture’.
Pix4D is aware of the problem and seems to work with Parrot to fix things...

Another questione: what happen if during the Mission the drone lose the connection with the controller?
Thank you

The idea under the programmed missions is to send the mission to the drone’s memory before the flight, then, when the mission is launched (or ‘played’ in Pix4Dcapture), the drone is fully autonomous to execute the mission. So if the connexion is lost, the drone continues its mission until completion.
The only thing you can do in the case of a loss of the connection, is pray.

Question here.......Just downloaded latest pix4dcapture onto samsung s8 with latest firmware.
When I open pix4dcapture it asks for plugin Ctrl+Parrot2 to be installed.
Google play only has Ctrl+Parrot available, which does not seem to work. There is no connecton to the drone at all. Where can I find Ctrl+Parrot2 which I assume it is required??

When I installed the Pix4Dcapture app on my Android phone, the App proposed me to download Ctrl+Parrot2 and informed me that if I did not... it would not work... so I accepted and it installed it automatically.
Either they are working / reloading it (but on sunday ??) and you can retry tomorrow, or you can uninstall, reboot and re-install the App and check notifications about Ctrl+Parrot2 installation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh