Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi no gps lock

Burnsoid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Had a search through previous threads and tried earlier suggestions, reinstalled app, been in an open field, still no joy. Has been ok up until this morning, is it atmospherics?
iPhone has good gps lock, controller has good gps lock but drone has nothing, left turned on for 20 minutes with no joy, any ideas anyone?

i had it recently. resetting the drone through the app helped me.
( after "just waiting", turning off/on the drone and replacing the drone a bit further all didnt help )

( after "just waiting", turning off/on the drone and replacing the drone a bit further all didnt help )

Thanks Ted, batteries are on charge at the minute, but had a quick look through the app and can’t immediately see how to reset it through the app. How is that done?

What happins if you recalibrate it?
Tried that and still the same, the drone was showing all greens in the app before I recalibrated. Can’t see where to reset in the app but tried a hard reset by keeping the power button pressed until all battery lights go red and the green again, still no gps on the drone, phone and controller pick up gps straight away

Tried that and still the same, the drone was showing all greens in the app before I recalibrated. Can’t see where to reset in the app but tried a hard reset by keeping the power button pressed until all battery lights go red and the green again, still no gps on the drone, phone and controller pick up gps straight away

I've experienced this on a few occasions drone icon in red indicating no GPS. Map on display goes blank. Then I reconnect USB to phone from controller and GPS icon for drone goes green. No idea..have to make sure I have a connection before I take off so my RTH works!

I've experienced this on a few occasions drone icon in red indicating no GPS. Map on display goes blank. Then I reconnect USB to phone from controller and GPS icon for drone goes green. No idea..have to make sure I have a connection before I take off so my RTH works!
Thanks Jasper, have tried all the reconnecting several time with no luck, interestingly though I still have a correct map in the display

Just found the factory reset in the app, done that and......... still no gps on the drone, have raised a ticket with parrot now

Reactions: terry
Just found the factory reset in the app, done that and......... still no gps on the drone, have raised a ticket with parrot now
Nice to see you have found it ( so you did reset it , followed by mandatory calibration) , too bad it didnt help .....

When flying the drone without GPS, did it drift with the wind ?

Because : In my case it was very strange, because although 0 sattelites connected, when i flew the anafi " in search for gps connection" , the wind was there but didnt blew my anafi away , even going up to 60 meter according to " my flights" ; this cant be done by positioncamera alone .....
But in " my flights" it also states " no GPS" , and no track ....
>>> Perhaps the drone had sattelite connection, but wasn't sent to the controller ?

Screenshot_2019-03-29-23-31-38-449_com.parrot.freeflight6.png

Screenshot_2019-03-29-23-31-34-716_com.parrot.freeflight6.png

Last edited:
I have had this problem on ocasion what I have done is take off to hover height for a short time like 30 secs then land. The second time I take they lock no idea what causes this. Just be carefull if you fly with just one lock.

Nice to see you have found it ( so you did reset it , followed by mandatory calibration) , too bad it didnt help .....

When flying the drone without GPS, did it drift with the wind ?

Because : In my case it was very strange, because although 0 sattelites connected, when i flew the anafi " in search for gps connection" , the wind was there but didnt blew my anafi away , even going up to 60 meter according to " my flights" ; this cant be done by positioncamera alone .....
But in " my flights" it also states " no GPS" , and no track ....
>>> Perhaps the drone had sattelite connection, but wasn't sent to the controller ?

View attachment 1715

View attachment 1716
Looking at the data from my first flight today, it tracks the full flight, however towards the end of the flight as I was returning home, I tried to activate RTH instead of using fpv and it did nothing, no gps available even though precision landing was activated on initial take off, fortunately I was able to fly back in my general direction using fpv until I had good los and landed to change out for a new battery, from that point onward I’ve had no drone gps, it does drift a lot now after launching with no gps signal

I have had this problem on ocasion what I have done is take off to hover height for a short time like 30 secs then land. The second time I take they lock no idea what causes this. Just be carefull if you fly with just one lock.
Tried this too mate, take off and hovered for a few minutes at various heights hoping to get a lock but no good, unless parrot can advise on a possible method to re set the gps I’m thinking now it has a faulty chip

Someone reported a disconnected GPS plug in Anafi as a cause for the GPS loss.
If you want, you could have a look into it by using this repair guide or the existing repair video:
Open the GPS cover and unscrew the GPS modul.
If you carefully pull the GPS cable: Is it fixed?
Thanks for the link Dirk, I’ll keep that in mind but I’ll wait to see what Parrot support say, I’ve only had it 30 days and don’t, at the minute, want to void any warranties by taking it apart. I’m going to take it out again this morning to a big field at the back of my village, to see if something may have changed, but I’m not hopeful ? shame really because the weather is good at the minute.

Ok so update, weather is lovely this morning so I’ve been to an open field near me, no drone gps, had a short flight, landed, took off again let it hover for a few minutes and nothing, came back and couldn’t resist so took the gps chip cover off and it is solidly connected via the cable to the motherboard so put it back, uninstalled ff6 and reinstalled, the same, tried on an iPad, the same, tried on a galaxy S7 and still the same. Back onto iPhone and what I did notice is in the gps map window if I turn the controller the map turns, if I select the drone and turn it the map also turns, so surely it must be picking up gps in order for the map to change? Either way still no lock so can’t really fly it with any safety. So all in all a bit disappointing.

Ok so update, weather is lovely this morning so I’ve been to an open field near me, no drone gps, had a short flight, landed, took off again let it hover for a few minutes and nothing, came back and couldn’t resist so took the gps chip cover off and it is solidly connected via the cable to the motherboard so put it back, uninstalled ff6 and reinstalled, the same, tried on an iPad, the same, tried on a galaxy S7 and still the same. Back onto iPhone and what I did notice is in the gps map window if I turn the controller the map turns, if I select the drone and turn it the map also turns, so surely it must be picking up gps in order for the map to change? Either way still no lock so can’t really fly it with any safety. So all in all a bit disappointing.
Ok, that's the point to return your bird. Sorry!

That is best choice send back while you can. I have had 3 Anafi since July first one 150 flights zero GPS issues however gimbal started dropping around 140 Parrot sent replacement which went totally out of control on first flight crashed into tree at full tilt heavly damaged had to buy replacement sold broken one for parts. New one seem ok so far this is of concern especially if you are using flight plan I hope they do not have a bug in GPS since I use flight plan alot. Not sure if it can be trusted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame