Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi no wi-fi signal

Kir_fk

Reaction score
Hi guys. Maybe someone have met same issue.
Received my new anafi. Tried to fly about 6 minutes, then noticed that anafi has poor gps signal( not wifi). Decided to reset to factory settings. After reset I was asked to make calibration. When it was finished, after few minutes connection with Anafi disappeared. Now it turns on, moves it's camera while check up, cooler is working and blue light is on, but no connection neither through SC3 nor direct wifi connection via smartphone( no ANAFI wifi SSID ). Maybe there is a way to make hard reset somehow, or do something by connecting ANAFI to laptop? It connects and I can explore its SD card. Help please

Try to reset the drone by holding the power button until all LEDs are red, then release button.
Then first check that you have actual firmware/software versions of controller, drone and FF6.

Reactions: Kir_fk
According to Skydreamer (another user on this site)..
To do all 3 reset..
1) Plug battery into wall charger, press and hold power button for 15 seconds.
2) Reinstall the battery in the Anafi, power up, then press and hold power button for 12 seconds to do a hard reset.
3) Connect phone to controller and it should open up freeflight 6, once the controller and the drone have connected, hit the Drone icon to the left of the SD card icon, in the next screen you will see map and numbers below map...scroll down and you will see a hidden Factory (soft) Reset button...reset anafi and right after you will be asked to recalibrate ....if that doesnt happen automatically then go to settings/camera and attempt to recalibrate from there..

Well. A new challenge here. After hard reset on anafi, same as after all 3 resets, the situation is following. It alive, connecting, calibrating, ready to fly and after approximately 1 minute loses wifi connection. Anafi cooler and light are still on but there i no ANAFI SSID and nor connection. After another reset everything the same.:(

Have you tried to remove the App and hard reboot your phone then reinstall the App? It might help.
i've tried to reboot. But the point is that anafi signal stops. Whether it connected directly or through SC3.

Just rebooting the phone will not help if the App is corrupted, you should delete it and reboot phone and reinstall. Like starting over again. Or if you have someone with different type of phone try that. That way you will know if it is your phone or the Anafi being the problem.

Have you tried flying without the phone... just using the SC3 controller?

Directly now i'm trying another phone (samsung S7), here it has only 2.4 active, 5 ghz is grey. On another phone , that was before, (HTC U11) there was active both 2.4 and 5Ghz
BTW , now connection with Samsung is stable. I'm not flying, but still, it shows me picture and doesn't disconnect for 5 minutes for now. Weird things. How can my phone shut down Anafi's WIFI? :(

Also an issue, it indicate's that there weak or no GPS signal. On map drone is showing to be somewhere in atlantic ocean near Gabon, but in fact we are in eastern Europe. SC3 shows correct position.

Yep, i'm inside, but was outside for ten minutes, but also inside of 4 high-tower buildings. Will see later.

Directly now i'm trying another phone (samsung S7), here it has only 2.4 active, 5 ghz is grey. On another phone , that was before, (HTC U11) there was active both 2.4 and 5Ghz
BTW , now connection with Samsung is stable. I'm not flying, but still, it shows me picture and doesn't disconnect for 5 minutes for now. Weird things. How can my phone shut down Anafi's WIFI? :(

Also an issue, it indicate's that there weak or no GPS signal. On map drone is showing to be somewhere in atlantic ocean near Gabon, but in fact we are in eastern Europe. SC3 shows correct position.
Normally if you control Anafi with SC3 and connected phone, you should deactivate your phone's wifi or use flight Mode.

Normally if you control Anafi with SC3 and connected phone, you should deactivate your phone's wifi or use flight Mode.
So did I. but still, Anafi connects to SC3 with my HTC (in airplane mode) and loses connection after approximately 1 min.

Ok, but then how could you see the missing Anafi SSID?
after it have lost connection I've tried to search it everywhere:))
BTW, now i'm connecting my HTC U11, via SC3 , in airplane mode, and connection is also stable.
Very strange things season 3 has launched.
Now i have a phobia of loosing connection outdoors.)

BTW, now i'm connecting my HTC U11, via SC3 , in airplane mode, and connection is also stable.
You say the HTC has active 5g and 2.4g but you are in Europe right? I have a problem if switch in 5ghz button [the smarthphone not see the anafi only the skycontroller and if i switch off the anafi or loose the signal i need to hard reset anafi or not connect to drone anymore but if i change manual channel 149 to 165 i have not problem ]. I think the HTC smarthphone activate (i d ont know how without a fakegps apps)the FCC frequency in CE but the Samsung not stay at 2.4ghz without problem of disconnection.

Last edited:
Ok, looks fine!
So happy flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut