Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Preflight Checklist

pmh1nic

Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find anything on an Anafi preflight checklist. I was going to put something together but didn't want to "reinvent the wheel" if someone had already put a checklist together and would be willing to share it. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a small check list in the manual but it is very limited. You could build from it though and expand it with other checks. Page 20 or 21 I believe

Reactions: pmh1nic
I install Drone Checklist-PreFlight Checklist from Play Store. You can add to the list. I added clean lens since I had snow that got on the camera lens, hadn't occur to me to check that after an emergency landing

Attachments

• drone-pilot-safety-pre-flight-checklist-buzzitsafe-grey-blue-4x6-w-ring-clasp__511z2d-41GL.jpg
    drone-pilot-safety-pre-flight-checklist-buzzitsafe-grey-blue-4x6-w-ring-clasp__511z2d-41GL.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Drone-Pilot-Safety-Pre-Flight-Checklist-Buzzitsafe-YellowBlue-4x6-w-Ring-Clasp-0-350x435.jpg
    Drone-Pilot-Safety-Pre-Flight-Checklist-Buzzitsafe-YellowBlue-4x6-w-Ring-Clasp-0-350x435.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It's a good thing to have so you insure you don't missing things that could eventually cause a problem. It's also good to have in the event of an accident. You at least have some documentation that you were taking reasonable precautions to avoid an accident and not flying haphazardly.

It's a good thing to have so you insure you don't missing things that could eventually cause a problem. It's also good to have in the event of an accident. You at least have some documentation that you were taking reasonable precautions to avoid an accident and not flying haphazardly.

That's why I chose his logbook because it includes a safety checklist, maintenance log, repair log and pilot flight log in one logbook. I wish he included a page for recording training/certifications and lined the blank pages in the back of the book for pilot notes.

Here is the one I created, feel free to modify it for your needs.

Parrot Anafi Checklist
Prep:
  • Charge both drone, controller, and smartphone batteries before flight
  • Check smartphone location set to on
  • Assemble drone, controller, USB cable, smartphone, hood, ND filters, and launch pad to take to site
Preflight:
  • Turn on controller, remove lens cap, turn on drone and smartphone, assemble smartphone, hood, and USB cable
  • Allow GPS signal to go green on both drone and controller while scouting site for obstructions and general safety
  • Set piloting mode, cineshots, still or video, video mode, HDR, and EV / frame size and rate, Geofence, drone and camera rates if different from last flight
Flying:
  • Take off and hover for precision RTH
  • Compose and fly shot if desired, remain LOS if possible, watch battery levels and GPS signal
  • Start or stop video as necessary
  • RTH or manual return when battery is down to 5% !!
Landing:
  • Take over from hover if not precisely positioned over landing pad or use land button
  • Turn off drone, controller, and smartphone, check drone for dirt or damage
  • Put lens cap back on and put drone in case, disassemble and stow controller and smartphone
  • Once home, charge all batteries and transfer footage from micro SD card to computer

Edit: I added turn on Airplane mode and enable Location.....if you have ever wondered why your controller can't get a GPS lock.

Attachments

• Parrot Anafi Checklist.pdf
    185.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Between Landing points 1 and 2 I would add:
- Wait until flight log (JSON file) is present.

Flying last point:: I would say 5% in normal and 15% in cold weather.

Prep: I would add:
- Turn on smartphone's Flight Mode.

Between Landing points 1 and 2 I would add:
- Wait until flight log (JSON file) is present.

Flying last point:: I would say 5% in normal and 15% in cold weather.

Prep: I would add:
- Turn on smartphone's Flight Mode.

Well, I guess that illustrates my ignorance as a new pilot. What is a JSON file (?) and I don't think my Nexus has a flight mode.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Anafi logs all flights in form of a text file. This file has a special format (JSON). It is human readable with the program ShowAnafiLog:
You find the single flight logs tapping on My.Parrot on the start screen, then choose "My Flights". On the right side is a list of your flight (logs). You can tap on the [^] symbol to download the log (JSON file) by sending it to you with your E-mail client.
If there is a green cloud left of a flight entry, this log is also stored on the Parrot server.

Normally every smartphone has a Flight Mode for travelling with airplane, where you have to switch it on.
If not:: turn OFF WIFI, Bluetooth and 3G/4G.

Reactions: Rocky the FS
Not your english.....Apple calls it Flight Mode, Android calls it Airplane Mode. I don't do Apple and I often get confused by Apple speak. ;)

Reactions: Playmaker
Here is the one I created, feel free to modify it for your needs.

Parrot Anafi Checklist
Prep:
  • Charge both drone, controller, and smartphone batteries before flight
  • Check smartphone location set to on
  • Assemble drone, controller, USB cable, smartphone, hood, ND filters, and launch pad to take to site
Preflight:
  • Turn on controller, remove lens cap, turn on drone and smartphone, assemble smartphone, hood, and USB cable
  • Allow GPS signal to go green on both drone and controller while scouting site for obstructions and general safety
  • Set piloting mode, cineshots, still or video, video mode, HDR, and EV / frame size and rate, Geofence, drone and camera rates if different from last flight
Flying:
  • Take off and hover for precision RTH
  • Compose and fly shot if desired, remain LOS if possible, watch battery levels and GPS signal
  • Start or stop video as necessary
  • RTH or manual return when battery is down to 5% !!
Landing:
  • Take over from hover if not precisely positioned over landing pad or use land button
  • Turn off drone, controller, and smartphone, check drone for dirt or damage
  • Put lens cap back on and put drone in case, disassemble and stow controller and smartphone
  • Once home, charge all batteries and transfer footage from micro SD card to computer

Edit: I added turn on Airplane mode and enable Location.....if you have ever wondered why your controller can't get a GPS lock.
Extremely helpful and much appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame