Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Propeller Question

70Falcon

Reaction score
Just received my renewed Anafi Extended, and upon inspection, I found this little nick in the trailing edge of one of the propellers. Is this enough to require a replacement? Should I be concerned? Can it be lightly sanded?

IMG_2806.JPG

Sorry for the question, new to drone flying and the Anafi. Didn't want to take a chance and be sorry I didn't ask.

Thanks,
Otto...

Props are the most inexpensive part on the Anafi so I usually replace them automatically if there is a nick. I have flown plenty of times though with nicks just like the one you have, it doesn't seem to affect much in the way of lift and stability.

Inspect the props with a light and look carefully for cracks as well, which are a much more serious problem. And lastly, check your screws on the props to make sure they are tight. A sheared off or missing prop in flight is a lost drone.

I have successfully faired out a nick like that in the trailing edge with a nail file. You need to fair it to twice the diameter of the nick and deep enough so that when inspected with a 10X or more magnifier you can't see any remnants of the nick, it must be a smooth semi circle. That prop is now suspect and should be inspected every other flight or so with said 10x magnifier in bright light. If the nick was in the leading edge, it would need replacement before the next flight. Inspection for cracks should include around the hub, too. Very bright light, i.e. full sunlight is necessary....the cracks can be very hard to spot.

For most people, it is just easier to replace the prop. I have decades of experience with nicks in aircraft propellers so I am willing to fair out a small nick like that in the trailing edge only.

Reactions: 70Falcon
Just received my renewed Anafi Extended, and upon inspection, I found this little nick in the trailing edge of one of the propellers. Is this enough to require a replacement? Should I be concerned? Can it be lightly sanded?

View attachment 5657

Sorry for the question, new to drone flying and the Anafi. Didn't want to take a chance and be sorry I didn't ask.

Thanks,
Otto...

replace it with one of the spare propellers and worry about it later ;)

Reactions: 70Falcon

View attachment 5657

Thanks,
Otto...

also contact the store and show them your (very clear!) picture, they should send you a replacement set of propellers if they are nice

View attachment 5657

Thanks,
Otto...
Hi,
In my opinion it is almost impossible for a propeller to break during the flight.
In exceptional cases when there were problems with the propellers, I think that the propeller screw came loose.
I also put a video link with the propellers.

A good day

Reactions: ParrotAnafiFan
I bought the anabee propellers on amaon... i was surprised the hole in them was too small... i looked all over for just how loose they should be..... i got nothing... i recevenly bought another anafi... the propellers are loose... Hence i deduce the anabee propellers are defective.... they came without screws and the hole is too small for the screws that were holding the stock propellers.... I did ream the holes out slightly to use them... and they work of course... but i believe they should rotate freely under their own weight based on the fact my new anafi is that way.... one more comment as to repairing propellers.... sure you can... i do... always have BUT BUT consider the following fact... quads fly with propellers.... think about that for a couple of hours... no airfoil.... just propeller airfoil... so now ask yourself..... what is most important... i have flown and lost and crashed more of these quads than i will admit.... i have 4 bebop2s... well 4 still flyable... 3 anafi... 2 flyable on of the flyables fell out of a tree and the camera wont gimble... but still give a good pic... lol. Anyway... the cost of propellers is not so high i cant afford them.... but yes.... the anabee propeller must be reamed out before use... at least mine did.... and still... they are tight... too tight.... as for my disco's. Well the prop is important but it isnt the airfoil that keeps it flying... just my two cents... or whatever trival currency your country uses...

I wound up returning the refurb, not just because of the propeller issue, but there were too many signs of harsh use on the body and batteries. Plus, there was a filmy residue like someone had slathered it with some kind of product to make it look better than it was. Now I need to decide if I'm willing to pay $899 plus tax for a new one...

How much did you pay for the supposed refurb?..... I have a couple of nice used but not abused Anafi Extended packages for around $500 shipped if you are in the US. I don't think you would be dissapointed. You can pm if interested.

Reactions: rabbitjax904
How much did you pay for the supposed refurb?..... I have a couple of nice used but not abused Anafi Extended packages for around $500 shipped if you are in the US. I don't think you would be dissapointed. You can pm if interested.
It was a Woot "Renewed" from Amazon for $549.99 USD. PM sent...

Hi,
In my opinion it is almost impossible for a propeller to break during the flight.
In exceptional cases when there were problems with the propellers, I think that the propeller screw came loose.
I also put a video link with the propellers.

A good day

.. Or they props weren't Parrot made

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian