Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Random Yaw Issue since update

djookenfold

Reaction score
Nearly 100 incedent free flights on FFS 6.52. Updated to latest FF6_6.6.0.1_FCC, install was perfect, updated firmware on both Anafi & SC3, Flight Plan & Follow Me, still appeared, all good.
Unfortunately I now have the dreaded random Yaw issue, it has done this on each of the two flights in on the update, flying conditions were good The Yaw is to the left each time, its very quick and rights itself, but its scary to see it happen. I've seen this happen to others on Youtube but all running 6.52 or earlier. Did a full reset on the Anafi last night, perfect conditions here this morning, no wind, so will try and fly both batteries and see what happens. I do hope it isn't buggy firmware, I've really enjoyed flying and until now everything has been perfect, range tests, flight plans, follow me, night flights, etc. I need my confidence to be restored in the Anafi again.

Last edited:
Reactions: vekthor
Hello friend,

Try recalibrating again in a clean environment, before your next flight, if you havn´t done it yet.
By recalibrating, i mean the magnetometer, as you said you´ve already performed a full reset.

Fly safe

Nearly 100 incedent free flights on FFS 6.52. Updated to latest FF6_6.6.0.1_FCC, install was perfect, updated firmware on both Anafi & SC3, Flight Plan & Follow Me, still appeared, all good.
Unfortunately I now have the dreaded random Yaw issue, it has done this on each of the two flights in on the update, flying conditions were good The Yaw is to the left each time, its very quick and rights itself, but its scary to see it happen. I've seen this happen to others on Youtube but all running 6.52 or earlier. Did a full reset on the Anafi last night, perfect conditions here this morning, no wind, so will try and fly both batteries and see what happens. I do hope it isn't buggy firmware, I've really enjoyed flying and until now everything has been perfect, range tests, flight plans, follow me, night flights, etc. I need my confidence to be restored in the Anafi again.

Last edited:
I wonder if some of the problems people have with the anafi is calibrated indoors where there is dirty signals emf and magnetized materials etc instead of outdoors in an clean area, like you suggest.

Reactions: vekthor
Hi

Indeed from experience i can say that a large percentage is caused by bad magnetometer calibration, unclean zone, with magnetic interference, sometimes very subtle but enough to unbalance the quads.
Calibration is normally applied when travelling to another location, after an update, or when the quad / software prompts a request. However, i usually do it from time to time, randomly, after removing / reinstalling the app, firmware update, after a reset, when i find a cleaner spot, etc.

Fly safe

I wonder if some of the problems people have with the anafi is calibrated indoors where there is dirty signals emf and magnetized materials etc instead of outdoors in an clean area, like you suggest.

Reactions: MustangPhil
More than likely, which is why I always calibrate when outside, I read somewhere that calibration was best carried out facing the Drone North!...no idea if that makes any difference, but I do this anyway. Also been suggested on this thread to re calibrate after full reset, correct me if I'm mistaken but I didn't think is was possible not to calibrate after a reset?

Flew two full batteries yesterday, no issues with Yaw, did have an issue getting any GPS lock on the second flight post battery swap, pre flight. (exactly same spot as first flight (open field) Yes I did leave it for more than a minute, in fact it had depleted 5% of the fully charged battery before I did yet another reset re calibrate, then it picked up GPS, perhaps just coincidence? Have had GPS lock issue once before where the drone just failed to find any Sats at all. BTW I always check UAV Forecast and available Sats for my location yesterday was shown as 17..

I have heard, some GPS have coin batteries to save the sattleites I suppose. This could be why GPS is taking long to turn green and using that 5% or so on battery each time. I doubt any coin cell mod would work would prob add weight also.

Just checked that uav forecast site and the max I can get is only 10, dunno if it's accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem