Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Storage

RedBoatToo

Reaction score
I try to keep my Anafi and Controller battery charged above 75% and ready to use at any time.. However there are often instances when they are not used for several weeks due to employment travel.. What is the best way to store the batteries with my ever changing schedule??.. run them down, or let them decay in place when not in use??

Per Parrot, ideally store it between 40 and 65%, after 10 days it will begin to self discharge down to 65 on it’s own.

See their faq here

Battery

After 10 days the battery will enter sleep mode as well. I think discharging takes place over those 10 days prior and at the 10th day sleep mode is activated.... battery must be placed on charger to “wake it up” only wake the battery if you plan to charge it fully and fly.. don’t wake it up then not charge it completely as that could damage the battery

No, it’s ten days then it starts to discharge down to 65, per the link I posted above, then at day 12 it goes into hibernation.

They call it “wintering mode”

“Wintering mode

Ideally, when not in use for a prolonged period, batteries should be stored half-charged. When not in use for 10 days, Anafi’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a 48h period.

In other words, after a maximum of 12 days without use, this smart battery enters hibernation with a charge level which never exceeds 65%. If you leave your battery for 12 days, you will find out its power button does not activate the charge level LED indicators.

The battery needs to be charged to exit the wintering mode and start operating as per usual, this behavior preserves the battery over time. Parrot recommends you always run a full charge of your smart battery before flying.”

No, it’s ten days then it starts to discharge down to 65, per the link I posted above, then at day 12 it goes into hibernation.

They call it “wintering mode”

“Wintering mode

Ideally, when not in use for a prolonged period, batteries should be stored half-charged. When not in use for 10 days, Anafi’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a 48h period.

In other words, after a maximum of 12 days without use, this smart battery enters hibernation with a charge level which never exceeds 65%. If you leave your battery for 12 days, you will find out its power button does not activate the charge level LED indicators.

The battery needs to be charged to exit the wintering mode and start operating as per usual, this behavior preserves the battery over time. Parrot recommends you always run a full charge of your smart battery before flying.”

If you go by the manual yes what you said is correct but if you charge your battery on day one and check it on day two you have already lost pretty close to 10% of your battery voltage. Lipos will self discharge on their own with out some smart battery program. So always a good idea to check your battery voltage before going to fly. Parrot will insist you have 100% battery at the start of your flight.

If you go by the manual yes what you said is correct but if you charge your battery on day one and check it on day two you have already lost pretty close to 10% of your battery voltage. Lipos will self discharge on their own with out some smart battery program. So always a good idea to check your battery voltage before going to fly. Parrot will insist you have 100% battery at the start of your flight.

That sounds a bit aggressive. Lipo cells self discharge about 2-3% per month on their own, some smart boards make this worse. My Anafi packs are still around 95% at day 9.

In general it's a great idea to fully charge everything before flying.

The Anafi smart board seems very good to me, after it hits the 10 day mark and pulls the pack down to 65%, the hibernate mode draws micro amps. This means that the pack can be safely stored for 6-9 months before needing a bump.

Reactions: Landbo
That sounds a bit aggressive. Lipo cells self discharge about 2-3% per month on their own, some smart boards make this worse. My Anafi packs are still around 95% at day 9.

In general it's a great idea to fully charge everything before flying.

The Anafi smart board seems very good to me, after it hits the 10 day mark and pulls the pack down to 65%, the hibernate mode draws micro amps. This means that the pack can be safely stored for 6-9 months before needing a bump.

Wow really, mine have dropped to 92% on startup on the second day of charge. Maybe I have bad batteries :(

Wow really, mine have dropped to 92% on startup on the second day of charge. Maybe I have bad batteries :(

Ya 8% in a day seems like a lot. I'm going to test mine again and will report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K