Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Anafi Drops from the Sky

Hey folks, Parrot have given me a new drone. It's on charge now. :D
I take everything bad I said back.

they did the same for me after I had installed a BETA firmware that they posted up on their website..... nowt wrong with the unit I had, just wanted some info on how to roll back the BETA firmware.. have fun.. just a shame we can't get out and fly the bloody things now....LOL

Hello! I've been trying to narrow down the problems as I too have an anafi and since it was a used gift I do not have the luxury of just flying and if it crashes warranty it out so I have spent hours researching and have narrowed the problems down to 2 1 is the battery which just causes it to free fall all of a sudden with no warning but it seams that the problem many are having is software related as many report sudden loss of control response and then it either "tries to land" at almost feefell speed or it just cuts off the power to the motors but one part of the equation which I am trying to solve is that it appears most problems are occuring with pilots using Android? As I see the rating in the play store very low about a 3.7 while the iOS or apple version has a rating of 4.7! Almost perfect but if anyone can chime in that would be much appreciated as I have experienced 3 "free falls/losses of controls" since beginning to fly..I am running everything up to the latest version set to channel 165 phone in airplane mode and within visual line of sight so there is absolutely no reason for connection issues I even scan the area with a wifi analyzer to confirm no interference so it is either the software or a sensor which is failing "probably also due to software" in either case I would like to confirm this issue is more common or hopefully exclusive to Android as it would be great if the fix is to just use an iPhone

The recent software seems stable - it appears to have been a bad release earlier this year that was causing the problems. My guess is you have a hardware problem. Engage with Parrot support and send them the flight files.

The recent software seems stable - it appears to have been a bad release earlier this year that was causing the problems. My guess is you have a hardware problem. Engage with Parrot support and send them the flight files.
I'll take your word on it, I did a hard and soft reset on the anafi and sr3 and I will test it to see if the problem persists if it does then I will definitely be calling parrot if not I will update as even if one other person is having the same problem it would be great to solve it for them.

Hello! I've been trying to narrow down the problems as I too have an anafi and since it was a used gift I do not have the luxury of just flying and if it crashes warranty it out so I have spent hours researching and have narrowed the problems down to 2 1 is the battery which just causes it to free fall all of a sudden with no warning but it seams that the problem many are having is software related as many report sudden loss of control response and then it either "tries to land" at almost feefell speed or it just cuts off the power to the motors but one part of the equation which I am trying to solve is that it appears most problems are occuring with pilots using Android? As I see the rating in the play store very low about a 3.7 while the iOS or apple version has a rating of 4.7! Almost perfect but if anyone can chime in that would be much appreciated as I have experienced 3 "free falls/losses of controls" since beginning to fly..I am running everything up to the latest version set to channel 165 phone in airplane mode and within visual line of sight so there is absolutely no reason for connection issues I even scan the area with a wifi analyzer to confirm no interference so it is either the software or a sensor which is failing "probably also due to software" in either case I would like to confirm this issue is more common or hopefully exclusive to Android as it would be great if the fix is to just use an iPhone
I used an iPhone when my ANAFI crashed a few times. Parrot ended up replacing the drone and I believe it was a firmware issue.

you may have more than one issue - I would start with troubleshooting battery
after you fully recharge it see what the percentage of charge is along with "maximum battery capacity"
both can be found once you tap the drone icon - you need to scroll on right side to see capacity
then if all looks well I would allow it to fly and hover about two feet above soft ground for full flight & monitor battery percentage
You may want to perform a screen recording while doing this
On a decent battery you should get 20 minutes flight time-
It should also provide warnings as battery runs down below 20% along with a forced auto landing at 5% -10%

For wifi issues - I would suggest turning on airplane mode, wifi and bluetooth off, stay clear of any other interference near you (cell phone, smart watch, etc)
The weakest signal is when the anafi is directly above you - also remember you need to point the controller antennae in direction of drone
Wishing you luck

you may have more than one issue - I would start with troubleshooting battery
after you fully recharge it see what the percentage of charge is along with "maximum battery capacity"
both can be found once you tap the drone icon - you need to scroll on right side to see capacity
then if all looks well I would allow it to fly and hover about two feet above soft ground for full flight & monitor battery percentage
You may want to perform a screen recording while doing this
On a decent battery you should get 20 minutes flight time-
It should also provide warnings as battery runs down below 20% along with a forced auto landing at 5% -10%

For wifi issues - I would suggest turning on airplane mode, wifi and bluetooth off, stay clear of any other interference near you (cell phone, smart watch, etc)
The weakest signal is when the anafi is directly above you - also remember you need to point the controller antennae in direction of drone
Wishing you luck
Thank you so much for your help, Yes I've been narrowing down the problem and am now sure it is a problem with the Anafi and not the sc3 or phone, I have already been doing all of the recommendations you posted and even use a wifi analyzer beforehand to make sure there is no interference and today I was testing it after a complete reset of both the sc3 and anafi and I flew the first battery down to 11% "which I never go below 40% but at a low altitude it had no issues whatsoever...took out the battery popped in a fresh one btw one charges up to 92% and the newer one which I used last charges up to 99% and anyways I'll cut to the chase after about 5 minutes I wanted to get a good shot of the sunset so I rose to about 120ft and then it happened..total loss of response to controls so having been through this before I did not panic I went through the motions first I exited the program and restarted and nothing then I disconnected the remote and then reconnected it still nothing then as a last resort I closed the remote and app and restarted everything and still no controls! Anyways i recorded the whole event and the flight logs show it went way past the geo fence and then came at max speed downwards...but expecting this I was already ready to catch my baby haha anyways I'm just super happy these little things are way more durable than they look...so the problem is definitely with the Anafi but I am trying to find out if it is a combination of things I am doing because it ONLY happens when I have gone too high up which 100ft is nothing especially since a guy took one up to like 3000ft so I don't think it's gone too high and the second part of the equation is that it has only happened to me during sunset which would seem like a weird reason for a drone to malfunction but there's I believe two posts of anafis where they set them to time lapse to record the sunset and it just stops like a brick after a while

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
Thank you so much for your help, Yes I've been narrowing down the problem and am now sure it is a problem with the Anafi and not the sc3 or phone, I have already been doing all of the recommendations you posted and even use a wifi analyzer beforehand to make sure there is no interference and today I was testing it after a complete reset of both the sc3 and anafi and I flew the first battery down to 11% "which I never go below 40% but at a low altitude it had no issues whatsoever...took out the battery popped in a fresh one btw one charges up to 92% and the newer one which I used last charges up to 99% and anyways I'll cut to the chase after about 5 minutes I wanted to get a good shot of the sunset so I rose to about 120ft and then it happened..total loss of response to controls so having been through this before I did not panic I went through the motions first I exited the program and restarted and nothing then I disconnected the remote and then reconnected it still nothing then as a last resort I closed the remote and app and restarted everything and still no controls! Anyways i recorded the whole event and the flight logs show it went way past the geo fence and then came at max speed downwards...but expecting this I was already ready to catch my baby haha anyways I'm just super happy these little things are way more durable than they look...so the problem is definitely with the Anafi but I am trying to find out if it is a combination of things I am doing because it ONLY happens when I have gone too high up which 100ft is nothing especially since a guy took one up to like 3000ft so I don't think it's gone too high and the second part of the equation is that it has only happened to me during sunset which would seem like a weird reason for a drone to malfunction but there's I believe two posts of anafis where they set them to time lapse to record the sunset and it just stops like a brick after a while
Because as stupid as it may sound it DOES have an optical flow sensor which it throws into the equation and theoretically if it's dark it may assume it has landed and thus cut controls and after a time motors...but it's just a hunch I will continue testing this weekend and I will keep everyone updated Thanks all!

Because as stupid as it may sound it DOES have an optical flow sensor which it throws into the equation and theoretically if it's dark it may assume it has landed and thus cut controls and after a time motors...but it's just a hunch I will continue testing this weekend and I will keep everyone updated Thanks all!
I just confirmed my suspicion, today I got a message saying "too dark to stabilize drone" when I was landing in a dark spot

My contribution, after 400 flights, multiple emergency landings (with 20%, 40%, even 60% battery left), and one motors shut down (200m high, 50% battery), and still a working drone (wtf?)

IMO, I have 2 damaged batteries (both discharge continuously) :
- emergency landing happened only on battery 1, which has I think damaged cells
- battery 2 has a casing issue: I can push the on / off button by pushing almost everywhere on the top of the case. After a flight, the battery is too big and I can't press the button anymore until it gets cold again.

What I see on the shut down of the motors, from the logs, is a very high peak on the battery, and the drone turning off. I wonder if the battery can push the off buttpn by itself during a flight.

Anyway, warranty has been approved for me, and I am really considering switching to Mavic Air 2, even if still photography seems not so good.
A bit tired of being worried everytime I fly....

Greetings fellow pilots!

Well, the inevitable finally happened. Much like many other post i have read in this forum my Anafi simply fell from the sky. I have two DJI drones, two Yuneec drones and one Parrot Anafi. Of my many flights and two crashes, only one crash was due to the drone itself and not pilot error. This crash was not due to pilot error. As many of you have read this forum, I have had concerns about the many malfunctions I have encountered with this drone. I complained to Parrot support about this shortly after purchasing the drone in June of last year. My first complaints were about the hard landings I encountered shortly after purchase. These concerns fell on deaf ears and support continually closed my cases without resolution. These landings led to other malfunctions. I was unable to use the camera calibration feature effectively. During startups my camera would violently slap around rather than calibrate. Descending towards landings was wobbly and unstable. However, these complaints continued to be disregarded by support.

Today my flight started with a required firmware update in the field. I have complained about this requirement on this forum previously. Once the update was complete, I restarted the drone and started my flight. I was photographing a large construction site which brought the drone close to 800 yards away from my position. After completing the session, I returned to my launch area with 82% battery on the control and 52% on the drone. In the past I have found that descents are smoother if I keep forward motion on the drone so I was making a large circle as I began my descent. The drone was at about 200ft altitude and at a distance of about 50ft, wind speed was around 2 mph. Then suddenly without warning the drone seemed to completely lose power and fall. It appeared to make about three slow inversions on the way down. It landed in an open field of tall grass. I could hear it beeping as I approached it. Upon recovery I discovered the right front boom was snapped in two.

Despite all of my best efforts to avoid this scenario I now have a nearly $1000 investment sitting in a box unable to perform the duties for which it was purchased. I blame Parrot support for this failure. Had they listened to my concerns this predictable failure may have been avoided. I will be contacting support tomorrow and will post their response. Based on my passed experiences I'm not optimistic.
I too have a brand new unit sitting in its case because if this exact reason. I have had two crashes where, while returning home with plenty of battery remaining, the unit just fell from the sky and get destroyed both times. There has to be a malfunction somewhere. The most recent just happened yesterday and it was a recently purchased unit from Drone Nerds to replace my first crash. Really upset. Any advice out there?

Nekem is vadonatúj egység ül az ügyében, mert ha ez a pontos ok. Két olyan balesetem volt, amikor a rengeteg akkumulátorral hazatérve az egység csak leesett az égből és mindkét alkalommal megsemmisült. Valahol meghibásodásnak kell lennie. A legutóbbi tegnap történt, és a Drone Nerds nemrégiben vásárolt egysége volt az első balesetem pótlására. Tényleg ideges. Van valami tanács odakinn?
You have used this modified application?: https: //parrotpilots.com/threads/freeflight-6-mod-app-with-special-features.4280/
This shows the battery voltage which is often lower than what percentage the Anafi shows.
If crashing firmware is a problem, then in turn, it doesn’t help either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut