Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Autolanding with low battery

You need to open the FDR log file which should be stored on your SDcard. I save mine to my hard drive in a separate folder for reference.
View attachment 3380

Once it is opened you can see firmware version, number of charge cycles and how well your battery is health wise by the total capacity percentage. As you can see this battery has 8 cycles and the total health is still at 100%. The total capacity can also be shown in the App.
View attachment 3381
What app you used to open this file?

What app you used to open this file?

Check out this video, is not my but looks scary. is it possible to set manually minimum battery level when drone should auto landing or set minimum level battery when RTH will turn on?

For Android phones, the same phenomenon occurs: 10% turns off when battery is signaled. You can do this by deleting the battery.stat file (which logs the charge-discharge cycles) and then doing a full charge then a full discharge. The low and high voltages are then correctly stored.
I think this can be done with the Anafi battery as well. You can reset it by holding down the power button, then fully charge it and fly it at 10% and wait for it to float low while still floating low.
I didn't try, I just think logically. What's the opinion?

What does your total capacity in the say in the App for each battery? I have four batteries all around the same age except for the one that came with the Anafi. That one is at 96% but that is the one that spent all winter outdoors in the snow in 2018. All others say 100%.
I also use Show Anafi Log Project to monitor my batteries and the number of charges I have on each.

Sorry for the late reply, i've only just charged the batteries. One is at 95% and the other is 96%, i'll have a look to see how many times they have been charged as i dont always alternate batteries.

Another point about long term storage, is to keep the batteries in the fridge. This was advised for Li-ion, and apparently it's also beneficial for Li-po, in addition to the 40% charge...

Some reading on the "batteries in the fridge" theory... CLICK HERE

So, reading your article, the main reason they mention not to place the battery in the fridge, is that... some people put them in the freezer instead of the refrigerator ?

I could list a dozen articles that explain the exact opposite of this one.

And of course it's about long term storage, just like the 40% automatic discharge feature of the Anafi's battery... So in case you know you won't use your Li-ion or Li-po battery, 40% charge, zip bag, and... refrigerator ;-)

This is a very old timer RC trick that has as many believers and as many non believers. Just store it at the manufacturers recommendations and you will be fine. Most will say in a cool dry place.

Reactions: d95gas
" Most will say in a cool dry place. "

A fridge is cool and dry, so .... ;-)

I don't do it, but if some people still have space in there fridge and take care the warming up, it is for most people, lets say in europe, not so much different to the use of air-condition in tropical areas, isn't it?
You store them ~10 degree cooler, as the environment is, you wanna use 'em!
So you have to prepare them right, before using.

" Most will say in a cool dry place. "

A fridge is cool and dry, so .... ;-)

And temp is also constant. I am doing it with my Dslr's batteries, and nearly 10 years later they are still fine. Of course if you use your batteries every other day, it's no use placing them in the fridge.

I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm, before trying the same with my Anafi's battery...

I dont think my other half would appreciate me taking room up in the fridge with batteries....... she would not have the same sympathetic understanding :rolleyes:

Northeast - UK, do you really need a fridge, there?
For storing batteries at a cool and dry place, I mean ;-)

Reactions: d95gas
Northeast - UK, do you really need a fridge, there?
For storing batteries at a cool and dry place, I mean ;-)

Well at this time of year, we can definitely live without a fridge :( although today is a pretty nice day for us

We were very different from the topic while no one answered my # 25 suggestion (related to the topic initiator) ...

I had the chance, to test a "autolanding b/c of low battery", today.
Having the "land in about 2 minutes" in mind, I got mine also just hovering a meter over ground.
Only, even the autolanding (at 2ish%) was fast, the Anafi did not fall out off the Air, like in the video from the #1 post here.

I would really like to try that from 50 meters or so, just to know how fast Parrot will let the drones "autoland b/c of low battery". Any ideas, what to put on the ground?
I don't have a jump cushion available, also I think, the Anafi would just bounce on them, in parts.
Which I would not like so much!

I'd go find an area with really lush long grass.....that is, if I was willing to risk this at all, which I'm not. I was satisfied with a one meter test. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wigout