Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery fell in water

Illirijus89

Reaction score
My battery was fell in water pool before ten days, i was managed to dissasembly and put contact spray and it was in rice for ren days, now i was tried to charge it but its not charging, even i seen that there is power in it?
Anybody help?

Are you saying that the battery was in the water for 10 days or that the incident happened 10 days ago?
How did you manage to disassemble the battery as they are glued together very well?
What is the current voltage of the battery? This can be measured with a multimeter at the pins on the battery. Are you sure that the USB-C connector on the battery is free of debris? Do any lights come on when you try to charge the battery?

Battery fell in water before ten days, i was take it from water imediately. It was in rice and i sprayed with contact spray... There is no light when i plug to the charger, and i dont have now multimetwr to measure, but i tried with power interoacc, battery have power but not charging.

If water has got into the lithium battery It’s had it, and rice does nothing but drying the containment’s in the water on the board shorting it out, wash the board not the battery in distilled water or rubbing alcohol with a toothbrush you maybe lucky

I tried power bank and battery starts to charge, but after several hours its on one light still, its not charging more even on power bank it takes around 20% of juice. And i have one more situation, i was pluged second battery, and same situation it stays on one light for more than 2 hours, that battery is ok, but why this is happen?

Do you normally use a power bank or a mains plug in charger to charge your Anafi batteries? I would advise using a mains plug in charger whenever possible.

Main charger in 90% of situation, now i was just want to try what happen with power vank and it starts charging but to slow, and when i unplyg battery, and try turn on/off button there is no signal (light). And what is going on with second battery now, so much time on charger but it doesnt charging, this battery is ok its not fell in water like the other one....

Sounds as if a short in the battery has damaged the charger, try another charger with the good battery, reset the battery by holding the button on for 15 seconds

Sounds as if a short in the battery has damaged the charger, try another charger with the good battery, reset the battery by holding the button on for 15 seconds
I will try and i was tried but it seems that is same situation...

You need a multimeter, they are cheap then will be able to help you further
I measure before couple of minutes my baterry and here is the results. Seems when i put on 20 for measuring that there is some oscilation in measure, and on 200 it stays on 7,3....

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_232307.jpg
    IMG_20200702_232307.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200702_232244.jpg
    IMG_20200702_232244.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
I agree with Skydreamer. The battery is not worth fixing as it cannot be trusted anymore. It might make a good testing battery for short flights in the back yard but thats about it. I would just recycle it and move on with a new one.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Ok, i tried to reset but its same aituation, cannot move from one light while is charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento