Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery LEDs during charging

Drbgaijin

Reaction score
Website
www.gaijin-eyes.com
At this moment I have taken my 4 Anafi batteries, which were in hibernation, and connected to my usual charger. They are showing an unusual pattern of LED activity.
First they all show LED 1 and 2 lit up, then 3 blinks once. That is what I usually see.
But then after 1 or 2 blinks of L3, L1+L3 flash as a pair followed by L2+L4, then back to L1+L3 and then L2+L4. It repeats for about 5 times, then L1 and L2 show together again, L3 blinks like it is charging.... then back to the L1+L3, L2+L4 flashing in pairs.
Is this normal behaviour after a few weeks hibernation?
I have never seen this sequence of activity previously.
Regards
Douglas

Are you using miltiple output power supply and charge them at the same time? My batteries doing exactly the same if I charge all 3 of them with Anker power supply, and they are less than 75% charged. If I plug only 2 - everything goes fine. Or if they are about 75% of capacity each.
I think it has something to do with power distribution by the Anker charger - not enough power to charge all 3 with low-capacity (it tries to charge 1 at full power, thaen 2 are not charging, than it switches to 2nd battery in a few seconds, so 1st and 3rd are not charging and blinking and etc.).

Wel SirPalomid,
You beat me to it.
I was about to report:
I was using 4 of the 5 connections at the same time.
I eventually removed all batteries and just added them one at a time.
When there were three connected - charging went ahead as normal.
I am also using an Anker charger.
Problem solved -
Thank you for confirming it.
Regards
Douglas

PS. I have previously charged 3 batteries and the controller, simultaneously without the blinking LEDs happening. Probably the controller needs less power from the charger.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Wel SirPalomid,
You beat me to it.
I was about to report:
I was using 4 of the 5 connections at the same time.
Could you please give me a link to your charger? Mine has only 4 ports, and obviously is less powerful, I'd like to charge all 3 at the same time.

PS. I have previously charged 3 batteries and the controller, simultaneously without the blinking LEDs happening. Probably the controller needs less power from the charger.
Seems to be, controller is also charges via Huawei cable (from my smartphone), but batteries are not - only with Parrot provided cables.

Attachments

• 20190213_215607.jpg
    20190213_215607.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut