Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best accessories to get and why

WoouvvvvvV, if I had to drag around and use all the accessories shown here in the thread, I would not have time to fly. Therefore, my little French beauty, which I prefer to look at undressed, has over 130 starts on clock. ;)

Will also contribute a piece of accessories not yet mentioned and must be purchased as D.I.Y. to Parrot Anafi. :giggle:

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
4 years ago I was learning how to fly UAV's and bought those cheap ones from Banggood. They all had those prop protectors. I found the only good thing they were good for was hanging your drone up in a tree like a Christmas ornament :) With out them the UAV would just tumble down the branches and land at the base of the tree.

Is it only in the picture or are the red propellers bigger than the originals?

I think it is the angle of my photo. They even have the same little indicator marks moulded into them and are semi transparent.

Not sure if I really want to risk fitting them...

I have the Freewell filters also. I can have mine on when starting the Anafi but I have seen others on Facebook say the camera fails initialization for them. Not sure why they are having problems as that was a selling feature Freewell used when they first came out.
I would get yourself a good USB-c cable
Something like these are very good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BUENTEK-Braided-Charging-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B075ZPDW5H/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I have also the Freewell filters. Unfortunately the Anafi won't calibrate with them on. It even won't calibrate with the original lenscover :-(. My previous Anafi (broke 2 legs of this one, it came down, out of control somehow) did it better. I'll hope Parrot will solve this issue. By the way what is the best video setting with the ND4 and ND8?

I have also the Freewell filters. Unfortunately the Anafi won't calibrate with them on. It even won't calibrate with the original lenscover :-(. My previous Anafi (broke 2 legs of this one, it came down, out of control somehow) did it better. I'll hope Parrot will solve this issue. By the way what is the best video setting with the ND4 and ND8?
Mine is calibrating well

Propeller Protectors
I wonder if there is any chance that the leading edges of the front pair of protectors would show in the captured videos?
If they do not show, I would be interested in purchasing a set too.
I've had three minor crashes that have produced small nicks in the propeller blades.
Regards
Douglas

Reactions: Ton
I have several accessories. I think the most important are having a broad rimmed hat and a sunshade for my phone (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774JF9DJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The Rantow foldable sunshade is easy to use and seems like it will last quite a while. It does a great job of making my screen easy to see in bright sunlight.

I also have 4 batteries, so I have not had to worry about running out of power yet.

I also have a small photographers backpack that holds drone, controller, batteries, filters, etc. The backpack is a very low-key way to transport the drone. It just looks like a small daypack. I think having a case could make it look like you are carrying something valuable, plus unless you use a shoulder strap, you have to use one hand to carry it.

WoouvvvvvV, if I had to drag around and use all the accessories shown here in the thread, I would not have time to fly. Therefore, my little French beauty, which I prefer to look at undressed, has over 130 starts on clock. ;)

Will also contribute a piece of accessories not yet mentioned and must be purchased as D.I.Y. to Parrot Anafi. :giggle:

Regards Leif.

Does it work??? :LOL:

Propeller Protectors
I wonder if there is any chance that the leading edges of the front pair of protectors would show in the captured videos?
If they do not show, I would be interested in purchasing a set too.
I've had three minor crashes that have produced small nicks in the propeller blades.
Regards
Douglas
@Dirk_ANAFI

Does it work??? :LOL:

Yes it can float but there is also a big chance that the quad will tip over and float on its head with Anafi in the water. I do not think it's a good idea to mount floaters and try to land on the water if people want to keep their Anafi. The risk of going wrong is far too big.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: loyukfai
Dirk, I do like those propeller protectors. They may not work with the DirtyJDesign leg extensions though.I may have to order a set to find out...

For sure they don't work with the DirtyJ leg protectors. But they will work of you use the different leg extensions that are out there because they only come up the existing legs a short distance.

If we talk about accessories for Anafi, then we will find a new sentence in the actual manual 2.3:

"About ANAFI
ANAFI was designed and optimized to fly as is. Parrot therefore strongly discourages the use of any add-on or accessory which could be mounted on, or attached to ANAFI (motor covers, feet extensions, buoys, hulls, etc.). In addition to the overweight they carry for the drone and its motors, they can indeed magnetically disturb ANAFI and impair its communications.
ND filters
, however, are not affected by this warning: filters can be used on ANAFI's lens, but Parrot recommends installing them carefully, after the drone’s gimbal initialization."

Does that mean:
- No attachable parts at all
- Filters ok, but always mounted after gimbal self-initialization ?

What do you think?

Last edited:
I think that Parrot are covering themselves against claims of motor failure due to excessive weight being added to the Anafi as well as off centre weights causing control problems. Metal objects and some plastics (carbon fibre) may cause the control and telemetry signals to be reduced and the compass to be confused.

The statement about filters is only a recomemdation and not a "must" as it appears that some filters will pass the gimbal callibration and some will not.

I think that it all just boils down to using common sense!

Well since Parrot and Freewell worked together at Parrot Labs to perfect a good fitting ND filter I am surprised they did not recommend Freewell as the only ND filter to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh