Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beta Testers Testing New RTH Feature

Woot! I nearly list mine to an automatic rth triggered by an unexpected signal loss. I regained control and stopped it about a foot from a 30 meter light pole. I'd have been hard pressed to try to hit that pole deliberately if flying manually (I give it a wide allowance regardless) but you would have thought the pole was laser designated for RTH. The signal loss was as a train went by and my little portable fm radio went nuts and my son lost control of his toy drone ship I'm assuming something interesting was going on electrically in one of the locomotives.

It would seem there are also other features that are currently being worked on in the Beta, and hopefully released to us soon:

Block AE
20 to 100M height for RTH
Photos with multiple exhibitions
(Whatever that means)
Shoot 2.7k
and some more that were not mentioned by details

But at least it shows they are being very serious about the whole thing.

FF^ Beta.png

Photos with multiple exposer can be use for HDR (-1ev,0,+1ev for instance)

I had an email from Parrot this morning, in response to my complaint regarding the fixed RTH, and how in my opinion it was dangerous.

They resoponded and said they had numerous complaints regarding this and had already passed it to their developers who hope to release the update shortly.

Goes to show that people power does seem to work at times :)

I also sent an email to parrot to ask them and to confirm if the rth indeed doesnt work less then 15 meters away from the controller, but they dont seem to understand and asking to send back the anafi under warranty. I told them That it hasnt got to do with the hardware and that if indeed the developers put a minimum distance between controller and drone in which the drone doesnt return home but remains hovering , then this is an app or software problem.i asked them to check again with the developers and if so to update the manual. But they dont response anymore

Last edited:
Hmmm yes I get that, when I first tried RTH I was under that invisible perimeter and it wouldn't work, I would expect it to work, I know its a different beast, but it works on my Mavic..... Maybe another email needs composing :)

Yes dji has a 20 meter perimeter, but that is mentionned in their manual. Fortunately the anafi is not landing but hovers aprrox 2 meters above ground. But still this should be mentionned in the parrot manual , as it could cause accidents or crashes

But i gave up with parrots helpdesk , because it looks like some or most of them are not experienced and probably never held one anafi in their hands. I pressume they only have a booklet with standard answers on standard questions. If there is a difficult or a non standard question , they give an answer closest to the subject which is written down

I sent an enquiry off to Tech Support last night regarding the fact that RTH is not working when the drone is less than 20m from the take off spot (Horizontal plane).

They have just come back to me, and clearly this person responding is running from some sort of script, unlike my previous experience.

They have asked for a long list of stuff BEFORE they will answer, this includes the obvious like all the firmware and software versions, which were included in the enquiry, make and model of my phone (again included in the query)...... they clearly didn't both to read all content of the enquiry..

They then list:

. Where I purchased the Anafi
. The time and date of purchase
. A copy of the original purchase receipt
and the list went on.

Think they only thing they didnt ask, was what colour underwear I had on at the time of the incident.

Think they have definitely lost the plot on this one OR playing for time!!!

I sent an enquiry off to Tech Support last night regarding the fact that RTH is not working when the drone is less than 20m from the take off spot (Horizontal plane).

They have just come back to me, and clearly this person responding is running from some sort of script, unlike my previous experience.

They have asked for a long list of stuff BEFORE they will answer, this includes the obvious like all the firmware and software versions, which were included in the enquiry, make and model of my phone (again included in the query)...... they clearly didn't both to read all content of the enquiry..

They then list:

and the list went on.

Think they only thing they didnt ask, was what colour underwear I had on at the time of the incident.

??yes thats the parrot call center, thats what i was facing too.
First i had to give them all this nonsense in spite i only asked a simple question to check with the developers. Then they came with an answer that i should send the drone back for replacement. I told them that this hasnt got to do with the drone but app or software, and that they should check again. Then after a few days they came back with an email that they consider the case closed if i dont give a reply on this email???
Then i gave up. they havnt got a clue and probably also are a call center for other companies

They then list:

and the list went on.

Just received an email again from parrot that my case has been escalated the the developers.
See what happens

Lost connection about 500 ft. away .. no response to RTC several times ... finally RTH triggered ... could not interrupt RTH by moving controls and worried about clearing instructions ... when overhead pressed “Land” and was able to control again... Anafi should have way to interrupt RTH...

Are you sure you actually had a connection to the Anafi at the time you tried to interrupt? When over head it might have reconnected and that is why you where able to control it again. Just a thought, not saying it was so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame