Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Big SkyController 1, can IPhone update firmware? Or only by computer?

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
I’d like to go back and try the big SkyController 1 again, but hesitate due to my last one needing a computer to update to latest firmware.

I know SkyController 2 can update with an iPhone, does anyone know if it’s now possible to update the big handlebar SkyController 1 with an iPhone? Or does it still need a computer to update? I believe the latest firmware update is 1.7.4

Appreciate the help,
Paul

I’d like to go back and try the big SkyController 1 again, but hesitate due to my last one needing a computer to update to latest firmware.

I know SkyController 2 can update with an iPhone, does anyone know if it’s now possible to update the big handlebar SkyController 1 with an iPhone? Or does it still need a computer to update? I believe the latest firmware update is 1.7.4

Appreciate the help,
Paul
Hi, I think you may need to copy the latest F/W file to a USB thumb-drive and use it to update your big SKC1 unit now.
Before you copy the F/W file to this USB drive, please make sure that its format in FAT32 and the capacity not greater than 32GB totally! Also, just put the file in the root directory and don't be located under any sub-directories. Wish you're trying in success. Good Luck!

Reactions: Skydreamer
Hi,..size of usb stick should not be more then 8gb....there was lots of issues when people tried to use usb sticks bigger than 8gb,also i recommend using hdmi cable and connecting to tv so u can follow updte

Hi, I think you may need to copy the latest F/W file to a USB thumb-drive and use it to update your big SKC1 unit now.
Before you copy the F/W file to this USB drive, please make sure that its format in FAT32 and the capacity not greater than 32GB totally! Also, just put the file in the root directory and don't be located under any sub-directories. Wish you're trying in success. Good Luck!
Thank you edward,

That’s great to hear, So it is possible to update SkyController 1 with iPhone going through USB using a thumb drive with latest F/W file. I was hoping to avoid this, currently have no computer to transfer this to a thumb drive was hoping to go directly from iPhone/iPad to SkyController 1 and avoid the extra step.

However, eventually be getting a computer especially now since getting an Evo 2 Pro. A good computer is needed for Evo 2 8k and 2 Pro model to create videos. And since a computer is needed for the Parrot SkyController 1 maybe I’ll get the computer sooner.

I do have hope through, found someone who has a second SkyController 1 with latest 1.7.4 firmware. This morning he mentioned he’s going to send it to me, originally he was suppose to mail me his backup SkyController 1 with 1.7.4 firmware installed but it was accidentally mailed to wrong customer, and he mailed me a SkyController 2 instead which was suppose to go to the other customer. Mistakes happen, but he’s going to make good on it.

Thank you for the help, appreciate this.

Paul

Hi,..size of usb stick should not be more then 8gb....there was lots of issues when people tried to use usb sticks bigger than 8gb,also i recommend using hdmi cable and connecting to tv so u can follow updte
Thank you Skydreamer,

I’ll keep these notes of yours saved, I know eventually I’ll need to update the bigger Sky1 and knowing now go no bigger than an 8gb stick. Appreciate the help, definitely keep these notes saved as I’ll be getting a computer soon.

Luckily, a seller contracted me this morning and is going to send me a SkyController 1 with latest 1.7.4 firmware . Originally, I was suppose to get a SkyController 1 from him with latest firmware I had purchased from him. Mistakes happen and I received a SkyController 2 instead, my SkyController 1 went to the other customer and he’s not answering email from the seller. Big mess, so the seller is going to send me his other SkyController 1 with latest firmware update. And I’ll pay him for the SkyController 2 since I can use it and it won’t need to be mailed back to him, looks like everything is going to be okay.

Thanks again for the help,
Paul

Where to obtain firmware 1.7.4? Have read Parrot site one is no good. Contoller connets to drone / controls - tablet does same but no WiFi signel for tablet to connect to controller (black / big)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar