Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bluetooth tracking device

C. Mudgeon

Reaction score
Has anybody tried using the Tile “Sticker” on the Anafi for locating it when it is down? Specs claim 150 ft. range.

You will never get reliable tracking with a BT device 150ft would be perfect conditions 40ft more realistic I used them for years on my keys and wallet not on drone (unless thay are used with a GPS Trackimo). I use GPS Trackimo on all my drones they work well as long as you keep them charged.

Remember Tile works on total tiles located in your search area not GPS. On my DJI Inspire's I use a GPS Trackimo to get me close (and give me a map) and tile to get closer

I have added a picture that will give you better idea of GPS resolution graphiclly:

1578272993279.png

This is an automated flight I use often it covers 1/6 of the golf course I live on. If you look close
you will see two points with circles around them. These circles are about 30 ft in diameter (the std GPS tolerance). They are within 15 ft of true location based on flight plan data. If I were in a highly overgrown area a tile would be usefull in getting the last 15 ft. The reason there are only two points is the flight was only 3 minutes long and the Trackimo frequency is set to 1 minute. This is
irrelivant since you use tracking when you loose a drone not while it is flying.

Regarding using just a BLUE Tooth device like Tile. Two years ago one of my drones had a fly away. It was a DJI Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal and new GoPro on it. I took off as normal (same area as the picture above) and lost control in first 10 second of flight. I had zero control and the drone kept rotating and climbing until it could not be seen anymore. I forgot to put the Trackimo on however, I had a new Tile on it. I spent 3 hours driving around the area of last contact however, never found any trace. I had 1000 tiles listed within a few mile radius of my home they just do not have any range.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breizhou38