Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Camera/Gimbal Error - Check that nothing is blocking the camera, then restart you drone" message

yayo86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I barely flew my parrot anafi and suddenly i get an error message when "Check that nothing is blocking the camera, then restart you drone" The Gimbal calibration is "unavailable".

I tried the hard reset a couple of times but the issue doesn't go away. I never had a crash.

There are a couple of similar posts on this website but haven't found an official fix or a workaround that worked for me. Anyone can help?

Thanks

Firstly posting the same request in 3 different threads may confuse 0eople trying to help you. It is good manners to stick to one thread where all responses can reside.

How old is your Anafi?
Was it bought brand new and can it be returned for refund of replacement?
Have you crashed the Anafi even slightly or dropped it?
If you remove the white plastic shroud from around the camera does it calibrate?

Firstly posting the same request in 3 different threads may confuse 0eople trying to help you. It is good manners to stick to one thread where all responses can reside.

How old is your Anafi?
Was it bought brand new and can it be returned for refund of replacement?
Have you crashed the Anafi even slightly or dropped it?
If you remove the white plastic shroud from around the camera does it calibrate?
thanks for your reply.

The reason i posted in other threads as well is that i noticed one guy managed to get his calibration working again but didn't update the thread until somebody asked him for an update.

How old is your Anafi? Bought in mid June 2019 and only flew about 5-6 times (very short flights)
Was it bought brand new and can it be returned for refund of replacement? Brand new and don't think i can get a replacement as it will be nearly 3 years now.
Have you crashed the Anafi even slightly or dropped it? Neither crashed or dropped
If you remove the white plastic shroud from around the camera does it calibrate? Yes, i did remove the white plastic shroud but no luck.

IMG_0366.jpegWell after 2 years, here’s a possible solution but i take no responsibility if you try it. If you’re getting the “blocking the camera” error after a crash but the gimbal seems to move freely, try removing the camera case (4 screws) as suggested above. Start the drone and if the error goes away the case is probably catching on the rear of the gimbal. Next, establish whether it’s the front or the back of the case by putting them back on one at a time. Obviously, turn the drone while you fiddle with the case! LTo hold them in place while you test use 2 very small strips of duct tape. If it works with the back but not the front, the lip around the camera hole is probably catching when the gimbal is pointing down during initialisation. It must be able to go all the way to the end stop. Even the slightest restriction will cause initialisation to fail. Now the brutal bit. With the front cover off, use a small file and file down the bottom of the lip as shown in the picture. After this, my gimbal initialised correctly and I could calibrate it.

Oh man! I highly believe you could have went another route to make it work without doing that. YIKES

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood