Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera Issue after Hinge fix..

griceforest

Reaction score
Hi All,
My Anafi had an issue with one of the arms not locking out, and I got no help from Parrot so decided to purchase a replacement hinge and fix it myself.
I opened up Anafi and correctly undid the parts I needed to before replacing the hinge.
Mission accomplished... until I put Anafi back together and now the camera thread to my phone / controller is just black? However it doesn’t detect an issue with the camera for some reason. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this? I have tried resetting everything already.
Does anybody know which of the connection(s) inside are for the camera as it may be that I have not connected them back properly but I have already double checked that I connected everything twice over.
Thanks in advance

20200721_143938_CameraLead.jpgSounds like you dislodged the camera cable.

For future reference.

You really do not need to take the ANAFI apart to replace hinges. If you close the legs, undo the screw holding the white retainer ( on the GPS antenna side), then pull the hinger out (use a screwdriver to pry it up slightly, or pull with pliers).

Then keeping the legs in the closed position, making sure the washer has not fallen out - slide the new hinge back in, once it reaches the retainer on the other side, just rotate the white retainer slightly until the hinge can be pushed fully home.

Redo screw and refit the top GPS cover, done!

Last edited:
I also had a ‘black screen no video feed’ issue with my Anafi after it met a tree.
I recovered video signal after I dismounted/reinserted 2 connectors as shown on a Parrot video. It’s not the connector described on the post above.
Hope this and the previous post will help...

the explanation can be found from post #17 here :Anafi loves trees...

View attachment 4676Sounds like you dislodged the camera cable.

For future reference.

You really do not need to take the ANAFI apart to replace hinges. If you close the legs, undo the screw holding the white retainer ( on the GPS antenna side), then pull the hinger out (use a screwdriver to pry it up slightly, or pull with pliers).

Then keeping the legs in the closed position, making sure the washer has not fallen out - slide the new hinge back in, once it reaches the retainer on the other side, just rotate the white retainer slightly until the hinge can be pushed fully home.

Redo screw and refit the top GPS cover, done!
Hey, the camera cable is in place but I still seem to have no feed. I had a fiddle with it and managed to get the feed back but when I took Anafi off it went black again. Really frustrating and I don’t know what the issue could be? On the video provided by Parrot it looks as though the big flat orange/brown flat cable clicks into place but mine seems to jump out of place and have to be fully held in by the black clip?
Please help it is doing my head in now as I fixed my hinge problem to then have no camera :(

I also had a ‘black screen no video feed’ issue with my Anafi after it met a tree.
I recovered video signal after I dismounted/reinserted 2 connectors as shown on a Parrot video. It’s not the connector described on the post above.
Hope this and the previous post will help...

the explanation can be found from post #17 here :Anafi loves trees...
Which 2 connectors would this be? I presume the one shown on the post above and the one next to it (both flat connections) are the ones that lead to the camera?

I mentioned a link to a post where I precisely described the two connectors and the Anafi dismounting video... (Did you watch step 6 ?)

here is a copy :

I followed the step by step YouTube video provided by Parrot on ‘how to repair the Anafi’ up to ‘Step 6’ where the lady dismounts the 2 camera connectors from the main board on top of the Anafi near the front of the Anafi (near the gimbal).

The two connectors (one little 10 mm long x 7 mm wide Green flat rectangle and the brown flat rectangle 15 mm long x 10 mm) do ‘snap off’ the main board when you gently tear them off. I snapped them off and re-clipped them in the same place pressing firmly (heared a little ‘pop’). Then reconnected the led, put the ventilator in place and closed the drone.

Did a quick flight test in my room and ... the video feed back ... is back !

Note for anyone who would hesitate to do that, but when the warranty period is over (and you had a crash) ... you can do it quite easily, take your time, watch the video from Parrot (very well done)

I mentioned a link to a post where I precisely described the two connectors and the Anafi dismounting video... (Did you watch step 6 ?)

here is a copy :

I followed the step by step YouTube video provided by Parrot on ‘how to repair the Anafi’ up to ‘Step 6’ where the lady dismounts the 2 camera connectors from the main board on top of the Anafi near the front of the Anafi (near the gimbal).

The two connectors (one little 10 mm long x 7 mm wide Green flat rectangle and the brown flat rectangle 15 mm long x 10 mm) do ‘snap off’ the main board when you gently tear them off. I snapped them off and re-clipped them in the same place pressing firmly (heared a little ‘pop’). Then reconnected the led, put the ventilator in place and closed the drone.

Did a quick flight test in my room and ... the video feed back ... is back !

Note for anyone who would hesitate to do that, but when the warranty period is over (and you had a crash) ... you can do it quite easily, take your time, watch the video from Parrot (very well done)
Yes I noticed it was those 2 connectors which would be the issue but have had it on and off multiple times and it just won’t work. Camera steadies itself as normal etc but just a black screen. Managed to get video feed once for 10 mins and then when I pressed take off it went again.

It looks like the cables are moving probably due to vibrations. Did you try to secure them in position with tape or silicone/glue when you get a clear signal ?

I was also suggested to clean and dismount/remount the Memory Card mount...

since I did that it works for me... I wish you the best !

It looks like the cables are moving probably due to vibrations. Did you try to secure them in position with tape or silicone/glue when you get a clear signal ?

I was also suggested to clean and dismount/remount the Memory Card mount...

since I did that it works for me... I wish you the best !
I only got a clear signal once and it was for 10/20 minutes until I tried to take off. Don’t know why I managed to get the clear signal as I did nothing different to the other times. I may take the motherboard back out and try putting it together again.

Are you sure you are actually making the connection ok? and then ensuring that the black retainer clip is properly installed, once that is installed it is very hard for them connectors to dislodge.

I doubt the problem is the smaller connector, as that carries power for the main board as well as the data connections between gimbal / motorboard / mainboard & USB from battery.

Are you sure you are actually making the connection ok? and then ensuring that the black retainer clip is properly installed, once that is installed it is very hard for them connectors to dislodge.

I doubt the problem is the smaller connector, as that carries power for the main board as well as the data connections between gimbal / motorboard / mainboard & USB from battery.
Yes 100% sure the connection has been made. Like you say it’s nearly impossible for it to not be connected properly when it is in place. I don’t know if my cable is now damaged or something, do you know if I am able to get a new cable and fit it quite easily without it not being compatible?

Possibly - how much of the drone did you take apart to replace the hinge?
I took the 4 arms’ cables off, and the GPS connector. As well as the two flat connections.
But they all went back where they’re supposed to and everything works fine except the camera.
Like I say, i can calibrate the gimbal and EVERYTHING but just have no feed and a black screen?

Is it possible it's not related to drone reassembly -
Could it be the phone and or cable from phone to controller?

Is it possible it's not related to drone reassembly -
Could it be the phone and or cable from phone to controller?
Possibly yes. But I have tried a couple of different cables to connect phone to controller.
Also has no video feed when just connecting to drone via WiFi without controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood