Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera startup sequence

Wollie80

Reaction score
I have a brand new Anafi, for one day
And sometimes i have the problem when is set the drone on, that the camera startup sequence don't stop.
He goes round and round, without any error message in the app.
The cover is not on the camera
The only way to stop this, is set de drone off and on again.
I have calibrate the camera, but this fix not the problem

I have noticed an issue with the camera start-up routine since updating to V1.6 of the firmware. Sometimes, not always, the routine will end with the camera pointing to the top right corner of the frame body of the Anafi. Power cycling the Anafi fixes this. I thought this might be an issue with the Anafi itself but I sometimes get the same behaviour from my backup Anafi also.

I believe it to be a firmware issue as it also does it without a mobile device connected. I wouldn’t be surprised if Parrot release yet another FF6 and FW update as more issues are highlighted with this recent release.

Regards

Nidge.

The camera calibration is also different. They added a few more ups and downs to the routine. This might have something to do with that problem.

Yeah, not certain this version doesn't have some issues with gimble calibration. My Anafi has been fine upto now, shade over a year old.

Installed the latest app, updated firmware on controller then anafi, now the gimble graphic is orange in the app indicating it needs calibration. Running the calibration repeatedly does nothing - gimble goes through all the motions but app still says needs calibration.

Not actually flown it yet, might wait till they do another update...

Is that with the 1.6.1 rc2 firmware of the 1.6.0 firmware from FF6 6.6.0?
Also is there a correlation between Andriod and Apple devices or do both do it?

Two different people on Parrot Anafi Owners Facebook page said after the last update their gimbals are doing this

Ahh, that's good to know its not just me.

Mines on the firmware that came with the official release on play store, I waited out the android app disappearing shambles!

Is that with the 1.6.1 rc2 firmware of the 1.6.0 firmware from FF6 6.6.0?
Also is there a correlation between Andriod and Apple devices or do both do it?

Firmware drone is 1.6.0
Firmware Controller 1.6.1
And the problem is with apple, android, ff6 from parrot and the ff6 fcc mod

After the firmware update did the App tell you that you needed to do a camera calibration? I know mine did on both of my Anafis. Just wondering if the ones doing the NO NO dance ever got that message.

Must admit, the behaviour on mine isn't like the video. For all intents and purposes it initialises as normal, it's just in free flight it shows the gimble as needing calibration, but no matter how many times I do it, it stays the same.

Not tried flying it, but it seems like it should be working fine, gimble moves as expected if you pick up the drone after initialising (stays pointed at target within reason).

I have only ever upload the FF6 software from the Play Store to my phone and Anafi. Anafi is on firmware 1.6.0. I have not calibrated the camera yet but I do have the Orange Triangle against the Anafi symbol on the main screen and the Orange box around the camera on the Anafi screen and the camara calibration button in Orange. However the camars calibrates perfectly at the moment as it always has done with no continual nodding dance. I cannot fly it at the moment as the weather is too bad so I will calibrated the camera later today or tomorrow and see what happens.

I have only ever upload the FF6 software from the Play Store to my phone and Anafi. Anafi is on firmware 1.6.0. I have not calibrated the camera yet but I do have the Orange Triangle against the Anafi symbol on the main screen and the Orange box around the camera on the Anafi screen and the camara calibration button in Orange. However the camars calibrates perfectly at the moment as it always has done with no continual nodding dance. I cannot fly it at the moment as the weather is too bad so I will calibrated the camera later today or tomorrow and see what happens.
Yep, that sounds exactly like mine.

Immediately after the firmware update the app said the gimble needed calibration, then subsequently have warning triangle next to anafi symbol on main menu and orange gimble on the anafi detail screen.

After the firmware update did the App tell you that you needed to do a camera calibration? I know mine did on both of my Anafis. Just wondering if the ones doing the NO NO dance ever got that message.

No
In the app is everthing fine. I do a calibration by my self, but that solved not the problem.

have the same issue with the camera after a fresh update. there is always a triangle, and I can't init camera calibration.IMG_9716.PNG
IMG_9717.PNG

I have just calibrated mycamera/ gimbal as I had the orange triangle on the main screen. After setting up an A3 cutting board horizontal on a door and placing the Anafi on an A4 cutting board on the floor I made sure that the Anafi was a right angles to the door and level. When I entered the Anafi screen from the main screeen of FF6 the "camera calibration" button was orange as in the screenshot above. Upon pressing that button the level calibration square was black but the gimbal calibration square was orange. I pressed the gimbal calibration square and the gimbal did a dance for about 15-30 seconds and then both squares were black so I assume that FF6 was now happy. As I had set up the camera level calibration target I did a level calibration, although the Anafi had never crashed, and adjusted it +0.2 degrees to get it perfectly level. Upon returning to the Anafi screen in FF6 all was green and ready to fly. I then turned off and restarted the Anafi and the gimbal calibrated as it should and ended up horizontal. I did not see any nodding or dancing thankfully.

I got my replacement Anafi last week, having flown it a few times with no problems - this afternoon I got the nodding dance on power up, had to pull the battery and power up repeat three times before it stopped.

After I flew around 15 minutes in race & film mode, did a few hand launches and hand landings - it was fine. I will review the footage later confirm that the gimbal performed well during the flights.

So are we putting this down to bad firmware? I have updated to the 1.6.0 firmware.

I was linked here by Wollie80 , thank you, after posting with a similar problem.

I had no problem updating the latest controller firmware and app 06/10/2019 while charging everything up ready for a fly if weather relents. I calibrated the gimbal with no issues and all seemed OK. Was only when I connected to my PC with the Anafi ON that I got the gimbal dance. I switched off and this time didn't switch Anafi on until connected to PC. All OK then no dance and copied my SD contents from last week.

On viewing the 2 videos I had from last week video quality was good but movement was rather jerky - certainly not smooth. First time I had used it and could be my ineptitude but flights with a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air the other week were perfectly OK.

I will see if I can get in the air soon and check out how it behaves now with the updates see if jerkiness repeats. There was no update of firmware for the drone. Hope to be using a IPad Mini rather than a phone - see how that goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99