Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera tilt: dashed reference line on display not moving?

speagles2

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry, another newbie question that I was hoping someone might have an answer to...

When I tilt the camera view up and down using the skycontroller 2, I've noticed that there is a white dashed horizontal line on the display in the freeflight app that I think is meant to show the 'normal' reference, so you can tell how far you're tilted up or down. On a couple of flights I've noticed that this seems to work - as you tilt the camera down, the dashed line moves upwards on the screen, and vice versa. However, most of the time it doesn't seem to work - the dashed line just stays in the same place near the top of the screen regardless of how I tilt the camera. This is with the latest FreeFlight Pro 5.2.2 on iOS, and latest firmware.

Has anyone else noticed this? Seems a bit buggy.

Speagles2

OK, this has been bugging me for weeks, but I think I may have finally got to the bottom of it. Today I re-did the calibration for the FPV display in FreeFlight Pro ('configure' in settings, next to the 'FPV mode' selector) and I discovered that you can move this line up and down with the sky controller during the FPV configuration process, to set the default (level) position. I put it back to the middle and now it seems to be working correctly when I'm flying FPV. I must've inadvertantly messed it up when I configured my FPV settings the first time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut