Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Color difference in center of images/video

Seitenwerk

Reaction score
So after watching nearly every review I could find of the Anafi as I am currently considering switching from DJI, there is a topic that always comes to my mind:

Basically every video and image I have seen showed that the Anafi has some kind of color shift from the center to the outer edges of the sensor meaning that a circle in the center tends to have a much warmer color tone. Many reviews showed and mentioned this „problem“.

So I wonder how you are dealing with that. Is this still an issue after all those updates? Or is that just something you have to deal with if you are using an Anafi?

So after watching nearly every review I could find of the Anafi as I am currently considering switching from DJI, there is a topic that always comes to my mind:

Basically every video and image I have seen showed that the Anafi has some kind of color shift from the center to the outer edges of the sensor meaning that a circle in the center tends to have a much warmer color tone. Many reviews showed and mentioned this „problem“.

So I wonder how you are dealing with that. Is this still an issue after all those updates? Or is that just something you have to deal with if you are using an Anafi?
I never read such a review. Do you have some links!?

I think you remember wrong. If you told me that DJI Mavic Pro camera has a spot in the middle where the picture in some situations tends to be a little more warm red I will stick with you.

But otherwise I would also like to see an example where you see the mentioned problem ???

Regards, Leif.

I think you remember wrong. If you told me that DJI Mavic Pro camera has a spot in the middle where the picture in some situations tends to be a little more warm red I will stick with you.

But otherwise I would also like to see an example where you see the mentioned problem ???

Regards, Leif.

Most reviews did in fact mention it and I also have seen it in many images and videos. So I thought it’s a given fact here on the forum. I will search some example videos but there are pretty many:

Most reviews did in fact mention it and I also have seen it in many images and videos. So I thought it’s a given fact here on the forum. I will search some example videos but there are pretty many:

For example here in this image comparison you can clearly see it at 12:43
where he talks about that problems.

Yes, now I remember this video of my special friend Arthur Konze, who kicked me out of his forum. (n):mad:
If I remember well, he found similar vignetting issues also on DJI drones.

Yes, now I remember this video of my special friend Arthur Konze, who kicked me out of his forum. (n):mad:
If I remember well, he found similar vignetting issues also on DJI drones.

He just not the only one I have seen it in most reviews | footage.

But if you say you never heard of it that sound good. So I guess I will have to wait and see how my Anafi turns out

To be honest one should analyze this item again.
His test was published on August 17. and therefore done with very early versions of Anafi FW (1.0.1) and FF6 (Android 1.0.4).
Perhaps there are indeed improvements meanwhile.

For example here in this image comparison you can clearly see it at 12:43
where he talks about that problems.

Arthur Konze speaks the same way as the Niagara waterfall delivering water. I mean he is talking about vignetting as all cameras in that class suffer from when saving on the glass in the lens. Hi then blends in with color noise that is higher on the Anafi camera because the sensor has almost twice as many pixels on the same surface as the Mavic Air sensor. In my opinion, he compares bananas with oranges and finds that both fruits should be equally sweet, which they are not! Arthur Konze is also the only person I have heard that has not realized that you cannot make that comparison.

Regards, Leif.

Received my Anafi today and can confirm this behavior. I guess all Anafis have it as I already expected from seeing all those reviews mention it.

I don’t consider it a problem as it is subtle enough to not be noticeable on normal videos if you don’t go looking for it. Will see how it turns out once I get to fully test the drone

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut