Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Confused, Phone WiFi on or Off?

SkySpy

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Unless I missed it, I did not see specific instructions in the user manual concerning the phone settings for WiFi when using the controller. I see some pilots disable WiFi and Bluetooth, so which is the correct procedure?

Reactions: Playmaker
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Unless I missed it, I did not see specific instructions in the user manual concerning the phone settings for WiFi when using the controller. I see some pilots disable WiFi and Bluetooth, so which is the correct procedure?
All off if using the controller.

OK, To make this as simple as possible, If you are using the controller to fly the Anafi, you do not need a WIFI connection to the drone ( all communication to the drone is done through the controller) and the phone, which is connected to the controller with a cable, is basically just an interface/view screen. The controller itself does not have any GPS... that is handled by the drone and phone so location/GPS on the phone/device should be left on.
It is recommended that you put the phone in "airplane mode" (WIFI, Cell Data, and Bluetooth OFF) to eliminate any interference from a WIFI /Bluetooth signal from the phone affecting that controller to drone link............That includes Bluetooth enabled "smartwatches"
Now, if you are controlling the Anafi with just the phone..... you will need to have the WIFI on (the phone) and then connect to the Anafi's WIFI ( the password should be on a label in the Anafi's case)just as if you were connecting to a WIFI hotspot somewhere or at home. It does NOT need internet access, just a wireless connection to the drone, so disregard anything that is advising about no internet connection.

OK, To make this as simple as possible, If you are using the controller to fly the Anafi, you do not need a WIFI connection to the drone ( all communication to the drone is done through the controller) and the phone, which is connected to the controller with a cable, is basically just an interface/view screen. The controller itself does not have any GPS... that is handled by the drone and phone so location/GPS on the phone/device should be left on.
It is recommended that you put the phone in "airplane mode" (WIFI, Cell Data, and Bluetooth OFF) to eliminate any interference from a WIFI /Bluetooth signal from the phone affecting that controller to drone link............That includes Bluetooth enabled "smartwatches"
Now, if you are controlling the Anafi with just the phone..... you will need to have the WIFI on (the phone) and then connect to the Anafi's WIFI ( the password should be on a label in the Anafi's case)just as if you were connecting to a WIFI hotspot somewhere or at home. It does NOT need internet access, just a wireless connection to the drone, so disregard anything that is advising about no internet connection.
Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Something must changed since this post. When I try to connect directly via WIFI from mu iPhone it connects in settings with error "No internet connection' but in Parrot say 'Not connected'. I can smell a big brother here.

I witnessed this last night as well, but it was while the Skycontroller 3 was on/sync'd with Anafi. If you close/power down the controller, the phone's 'No Internet Connection' and FF6's 'Not Connected' statements disappear, and WIFI connection is restored directly between Anafi & the phone. The statements pop up if WIFI is on while using Skycontroller 3. I guess it automatically cuts WIFI off if it recognizes a Skycontroller 3 sync'd to Anafi. A bit off topic, but I discovered all this while trying to resurrect a Skycontroller 3 firmware update that I still haven't solved. I beginning to wonder if all this WIFI on/WIFI off confusion is what caused my firmware update to choke 90% into the process....frustrating.

I witnessed this last night as well, but it was while the Skycontroller 3 was on/sync'd with Anafi. If you close/power down the controller, the phone's 'No Internet Connection' and FF6's 'Not Connected' statements disappear, and WIFI connection is restored directly between Anafi & the phone. The statements pop up if WIFI is on while using Skycontroller 3. I guess it automatically cuts WIFI off if it recognizes a Skycontroller 3 sync'd to Anafi. A bit off topic, but I discovered all this while trying to resurrect a Skycontroller 3 firmware update that I still haven't solved. I beginning to wonder if all this WIFI on/WIFI off confusion is what caused my firmware update to choke 90% into the process....frustrating.
When using controller turn WiFi off and use airplane mode. I also have WiFi auto connection turned off Between phone and Anafi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante