Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller can't find Anafi

msande

Reaction score
I have two batteries and just flew, landed and took a 5 minute break before popping in the second battery.
This time the controller failed to find the drone.
The display on my phone says searching for drone. I've tried several different cords, as well as another phone, all to no avail.
When I connect via wifi -bypassing the controller- everything works, but then of course I can't control the gimbal.
Has anyone had similar issues?

Not sure what is going on but you can control gimbal by pressing on the screen and pushing up or down.
My suggestion is delete the App and re install it. See if that helps

Not sure what is going on but you can control gimbal by pressing on the screen and pushing up or down.
My suggestion is delete the App and re install it. See if that helps
Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that, but in the past it would always move the drone instead. I must not have been careful enough about where I was dragging.
Since there is no power button on the controller I am currently letting it completely discharge.
Hoping that might do the trick.
Not sure what else to do.

So I will probably make a new post in tips and tricks, but with the new signal shaping routers out there, I recommend everyone have a wifi analyzer on their device of choice.

I've used this one and this one on Android. Sorry iOS users, interaction with my brother-in-law has resulted in me even denying the platform exists... in fact, what am I talking about.. oh right the Banana Jr... anyhow, Banana Jr. users will have to find an equivalent tool.

And msande, I'm not suggesting this is in any way a solution to the issue, but knowing with what your Anafi is sharing the local spectrum is never a bad thing.
I had some weird control issues when I was flying near but not at my favorite practice location. I ran the first tool above and found a absurdly strong signal on the 5ghz band. Some simple checking and I found it coming from a charity groups office 1200 feet away. Found out their IT guy liked working from the near by park on warm sunny days and has setup a not at all legal signal booster and a windsurfer. I happened to nearly directly between where he was likely to take up station and their offices. I think after I chatted with him he's at least taken to turning off the booster when he is not in the office.

Did you power cycle everything? Solved it for me the one time this happened.

Success!
Feeling pretty stupid now. I have been using two phones. One is my old LG V10, which I was planning on using with my Anafi and it had been working fine -except it really doesn't fit!
Then I got an LG V35, but only planned on using it when flying without the controller. I changed the network to 5Ghz and then the wifi password and since everything was working fine -including flying with the V10 and the controller- forgot that I had even changed it.

While troubleshooting, I installed Freeflight on my wife's IPhone, but while setting it up with the controller attached it became clear that it found the Anafi, but couldn't connect.
After changing the wifi password back everything works -including on my android devices.

Because it worked initially, I'm not sure what exactly caused the failure, but be aware if you are thinking of changing the wifi password.

I haven't tried this, but I remember seeing the setting/option. If you select your controller from the home screen, there is a button to change/input the right wifi settings and password for the controller to connect to the drone. So you can change the drone's password, but you'll need to update the controller.

Success!
Feeling pretty stupid now. I have been using two phones. One is my old LG V10, which I was planning on using with my Anafi and it had been working fine -except it really doesn't fit!
Then I got an LG V35, but only planned on using it when flying without the controller. I changed the network to 5Ghz and then the wifi password and since everything was working fine -including flying with the V10 and the controller- forgot that I had even changed it.

While troubleshooting, I installed Freeflight on my wife's IPhone, but while setting it up with the controller attached it became clear that it found the Anafi, but couldn't connect.
After changing the wifi password back everything works -including on my android devices.

Because it worked initially, I'm not sure what exactly caused the failure, but be aware if you are thinking of changing the wifi password.
Funny,my old phone is lg v10,new phone is lg v35 and my wife also has iphone that i use to test drones....?......btw if you peel off rubber pad from lower phone holder and than reinstallit but make sure pad sticks out 1/8 out of holder,your lg v10 will fit perfectly and you will be able to close skycontroller 3 without any issues

What a neat coincidence! I loved my V10 especially for the selfie camera. So far not too impressed with the V35 selfie, but the battery life is much better.
Thank you for the tip. In order to keep the V10 in the controller - redneck as I am - I resorted to putting velcro on the top.
For the most part it does the trick, but I may try your method.
Thank you again

Reactions: Skydreamer
What a neat coincidence! I loved my V10 especially for the selfie camera. So far not too impressed with the V35 selfie, but the battery life is much better.
Thank you for the tip. In order to keep the V10 in the controller - redneck as I am - I resorted to putting velcro on the top.
For the most part it does the trick, but I may try your method.
Thank you again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut