Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cooling fan not working

Wendell

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the cooling fan not working. I boot up and fly around but the fan does not come on and the Bebop 2 gets hot and eventually does an emergency landing. The mother board seems intack but the fan doesn’t work. Not sure if there is a temperature sensing unit or connection failure.

The Bebop 2 is easy to repair and there are parts on Ebay and Amazon as well was Parrot Store:

These videos take you through step by step you need the upper parts video.
for fane replacement

These are Parrot produced and very well done.

Parrot BEBOP 2 : How To Repair Upper Parts - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvC5L9399LY

Jul 7, 2016 - Uploaded by Parrot
Parrot BEBOP 2 : How To Repair Upper Parts. Parrot. Loading. .... To repair the lower camera it is not ...​
Parrot BEBOP 2 : How To Repair Nose - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ZJFZA7uTg

Jul 7, 2016 - Uploaded by Parrot
Parrot BEBOP 2 : How To Repair Nose. Parrot. Loading... Unsubscribe from Parrot? Cancel Unsubscribe ...​
Parrot Bebop 2 How To Repair Bottom Parts ! - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NogZ_HREUng

Jan 10, 2017 - Uploaded by Just Videos
Parrot Bebop 2 How To Repair Bottom Parts ! ... PARROT SWING VTOL Drone/Plane + FlyPad - Full ...​

Thanks for your input. I have replaced the fan as per the U Tube video with another one and noticed the poles had been damaged before where one was bent into the center a bit. After gentliley straightening it out and plugging another fan in nothing happened. So does the fan come on when powered up or is the altitude sensor involved. The bird is new and only flown once.

Thanks for your input. I have replaced the fan as per the U Tube video with another one and noticed the poles had been damaged before where one was bent into the center a bit. After gentliley straightening it out and plugging another fan in nothing happened. So does the fan come on when powered up or is the altitude sensor involved. The bird is new and only flown once.
Hi. Just checked that on my bebop 2 and fan should start on boot up and continue running. Ian.

I'm having a similar problem, mine has never turned on since it came out of the box. I kinda assumed it only turned on while flying and that's why it would only get super hot when transferring videos via WiFi. I just took mine apart and checked the harness, everything looked great except the wires may have been pinched under the fan causing it to split internally? Can't ohm it to verify right now but after reading this I'm paranoid a new one won't work either. Did you ever get this problem solved @Wendell ?

That's very bad! Solid grounds for immediate return for exchange if you are still in warranty.
I bought the drone second hand but still new in a sealed box. I'll contact parrot and see about getting a warranty claim filed. As I mentioned above, I already took the drone apart and put it back together, would that void a warranty or am I still clear?

If they find out you have taken the drone apart you are out of luck. And as second owner you probably are anyway, with no proof of purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh