Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crash without any warning

Oct 27, 2019
repost of my statement from October 27, 2019 was somehow deleted:

Nice write ups on crashes, they fit my three sequences almost exactly. in May, August and Sept I had similar flights. Two of the three flights had battery remaining just under 30% as described and were near home when the screen went black, both were Parrott refurbished replacements. In Sept, my best flyer of 75 flights and 11 months old had the same scenario, but this time I had a new battery purchased a week before. During a shoot to a waterfall with 70% battery remaining, near overhead the screen went black. All three flights did NOT register in flight log and were NOT recovered.

Tapping the Anafi icon in FF6 I screenshot the last known position, this was the only proof I needed for Parrot to replace all three Anafi's. After each loss I sent a detailed sequence of events to Parrot all with positive feedback.

A couple of weeks ago I called Parrot and shared my "lack of confidence" flying Anafi and needed to find out why this is happening. Ethan assured me the developers determined it was a failed sensor, and they would continue to replace my lost Anafi's as needed. I requested more specific info which is pending along with why the flights were NOT recorded.

update November 15 2019:
JoeyS told me replacements are NEW not refurbs, with updated hardware but that's not the case. I just received one today November 23, 2019 from Parrot and it's a refurb. Serial number should be in the 40XXX range. I ended up purchasing a new one back in August 2019 while Parrot sorted these losses out and it was #39XXX.

With my experience of over 15 years of flying drones I continue to learn something every flight. I've been flying Anafi since it was released July 2018 with a couple hundred flights and more than 75 hrs flight time.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Oct 27, 2019
repost of my statement from October 27, 2019 was somehow deleted:

Nice write ups on crashes, they fit my three sequences almost exactly. in May, August and Sept I had similar flights. Two of the three flights had battery remaining just under 30% as described and were near home when the screen went black, both were Parrott refurbished replacements. In Sept, my best flyer of 75 flights and 11 months old had the same scenario, but this time I had a new battery purchased a week before. During a shoot to a waterfall with 70% battery remaining, near overhead the screen went black. All three flights did NOT register in flight log and were NOT recovered.

Tapping the Anafi icon in FF6 I screenshot the last known position, this was the only proof I needed for Parrot to replace all three Anafi's. After each loss I sent a detailed sequence of events to Parrot all with positive feedback.

A couple of weeks ago I called Parrot and shared my "lack of confidence" flying Anafi and needed to find out why this is happening. Ethan assured me the developers determined it was a failed sensor, and they would continue to replace my lost Anafi's as needed. I requested more specific info which is pending along with why the flights were NOT recorded.

update November 15 2019:
JoeyS told me replacements are NEW not refurbs, with updated hardware but that's not the case. I just received one today November 23, 2019 from Parrot and it's a refurb. Serial number should be in the 40XXX range. I ended up purchasing a new one back in August 2019 while Parrot sorted these losses out and it was #39XXX.

With my experience of over 15 years of flying drones I continue to learn something every flight. I've been flying Anafi since it was released July 2018 with a couple hundred flights and more than 75 hrs flight time.

Just so you know I have your post copied and pasted in my Document folder so if it disappears again I have a back up. Also it is in this post as a Quote so you now have two copies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow