Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discharging of the batteries, not just while "in" the Anafi? Did it change with latest batt. update?

Parrot states that anafi battery should drop down to 65% after 48 hours
IN 48h after a 10 Day period of 'being fully charged' / charged over 65%
Not in 48h after the full charge!
And that stops at about 65%

I start thinking that it is the decharging rate of that process.
Just not controlled but permanent 'on'

IN 48h after a 10 Day period of 'being fully charged' / charged over 65%
Not in 48h after the full charge!
And that stops at about 65%

I start thinking that it is the decharging rate of that process.
Just not controlled but permanent 'on'
Yup,you are right,i made mistake and misquoted that part yet just recently,like few days ago i saw a chart that explains discharge of anfi battery and in it stated that battery charge drops down to 65% after 48 hours...i just spent 5 minutes looking trough my web history and i am not able to find that **** link.....I will assume that i made mistake,till then lets stick to parrots official statement ?

Last edited:
Yup,you are right,i made mistake and misquoted that part yet just recently,like few days ago i saw a chart that explains discharge of anfi battery and in it stated that battery charge drops down to 65% after 48 hours...i just spent 5 minutes looking trough my web history and i am not able to find that **** link.....I will assume that i made mistake,till then lets stick to parrots official statement ?
I don’t believe anybody linked an official statement yet

This is "an official statement":
"When not in use for 10 days, Anafi’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a 48h period. "

Under "wintering mode"

And all my 3 batteries did that before this way

I don’t believe anybody linked an official statement yet
At this point i dont think it was paarot website at all....i am staying home due covid19 and amount of iall kinds off information i read every day is unbelievable (according to my web history)....i think it was tech.website and pictures of anafi battery taken appart and there was a chart and so on,dont remeber at this point...ill try to find link and if i dont just forget i wrote anything,

At this point i dont think it was paarot website at all....i am staying home due covid19 and amount of iall kinds off information i read every day is unbelievable (according to my web history)....i think it was tech.website and pictures of anafi battery taken appart and there was a chart and so on,dont remeber at this point...ill try to find link and if i dont just forget i wrote anything,
Don’t worry, there is so much information on the internet that we sometimes lose something or it gets on a lower google search rank

All my batteries after updating the firmware lose charge during storage by 20-30% per day, that is very fast, and one even failed.

Thats pretty strange. I charged one of mine this morning thinking I was going to fly today but the wind picked up so I decided not to go. After reading some of the posts I checked my battery percentage and it only dropped to 99% in 12 hours. If I decide to go out tomorrow I will have to top it off but I have not been seeing the large drops as some of you.
Are you guys leaving the battery on the Anafi? I believe it will discharge fast if left on the Anafi.

They are still decharging

Update:
~ 86 h after last full Charge:
1x46%, 2x 42%

About 72 h after full recharging:
1x 52%, 2x 48%

60 hours after charging to 100%:
1x 55%, 2x 56%

48h after last charging em to 100%
61%, 62%, 64% left.

24h after the last full charge
1x 76% and 2x 77%

All my batteries after updating the firmware lose charge during storage by 20-30% per day, that is very fast, and one even failed.

That means that you are on the latest fw, batt update, right?

How about you contact Parrot about this, then?
They assumingly would tell me to update to latest fw, first.
Which seems to be irrelevant to this case, then!

This "said", you seem to have a precise point when this started: the update.
What did I do to all of 'em, in the past month?

The only thing that comes in mind is that I switched FF6.
Is there a chance that the battery decharging process time is somewhere determined IN the FF6?
(Like in DJI Go4 for some drones?)
And got "reset" by a "wrong" bit?

Or can it have something to do with the switchable (FCC<-->CE) FF6 mod?

To me it is clear, my batteries have behaved like described in the manual.
Even inserted in the anafi, they kept charge, went into hibernation.
Until about two weeks or such ago.

If it wouldn't have started on ALL batteries, I w/could see it as a aging/wear process.
Unless it is obsolescence, with the trigger: 18 month after first usage, ....?

Maybe it’s a bug in the hacked FF6 app?
I updated the firmware of the drone and batteries with an app that was not modified.

That means that you are on the latest fw, batt update, right?
Yes.

How about you contact Parrot about this, then?

I just sent a request to tech support, but since they don't respond to these requests, I assume they don't read them.

I can confirm with absolute certainty that the battery problems are related to firmware updates. I have entries in my pilot log, so I know exactly the date and time of when this was done.
In addition, there are entries in the drone's log that show that all drone flights after firmware updates start with a battery level of about 79-82%. This is because I charge the batteries all night, disconnect them from the charger in the morning before flights. That is, when the battery reaches 100% charge, it begins to discharge even while in the charger.

This is because I charge the batteries all night, disconnect them from the charger in the morning before flights. That is, when the battery reaches 100% charge, it begins to discharge even while in the charger.

According to the official manual:

What are the factors that can damage the battery?

Several factors can significantly reduce the life of a battery.

1. Never leave a charged battery on a charger.

I understand the reasons why this is added to the instructions, but it does not explain the accelerated discharge, which did not happen before.

Reactions: Ana789

that is for warranty claims
Jus: The batteries switch OFF, at 100%. And just start charging again, after the charger got plugged off and on again.
At least that was it, before :unsure: Don't know yet
And have not left them on over night, but never watched it this way:
"Oh, still charging, charging, oh, stopped, quickly take the charger away"
So it could happen that they've been charged and the charger was still on for an hour or two.
But LED's are always off, after charging. Till I switch it off and on again
Aside, with a 500mA charger, "over night" would not really be a problem

I understand the reasons why this is added to the instructions, but it does not explain the accelerated discharge, which did not happen before.
I understand it, that you got this problem after the latest fw/batt updates?
But:
How old are your batteries?
Have you "tested" , used different chargers?

I just try to remember, if or if not I have used my OP 7T charger on all 3 of them.
I have used it to charge anafi batteries, but not sure if all had it on.

Ok, I am trying to get d95gas to forward this problem/question via his VIP-connection to Parrots Vice President!

?

Last edited:
personally I keep my batteries on my heater so they are always nice and warm

OK so it has been 24 hours later and my battery is still at 99%. At least for this one battery I am not seeing any different discharge rates since updating to the new firmware. Like I said I never install my battery in the Anafi till its time to fly.

Reactions: Ana789

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae