Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discharging of the batteries, not just while "in" the Anafi? Did it change with latest batt. update?

Update:
84 hours after charging and just checking by pushing the button and turning on the LEDs:
Just 2 left @ all 3 batts.
Tryin' slow charging (5V/2A), on one for a change

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

48hours, not inserted in Anafi: Still decharging, just 3 LED's @ all 3 batteries

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope, it did not stop:

About 24 h after recharging, "the one" is also down to 79%

Which let me think, looking at the 96% after 12 h, that "starting the Anafi" with it may be a trigger?
So next step is: All got decharged with there powerbank function, are on recharge right now and will first looked at in 24h by just pushing the powerbutton, not by starting the Anafi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped that cycle and again reseted all batteries during recharging.
Two of them I just stored, one I did empty by charging my phones with it.

The two are, after 24h, again down to 75% and 76%
The one I have used as powerbank I recharged in the morning, that one is after 12h at 96%
Will see 2morrow, if that is a change or just a slower decharge, this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~96h after recharged to 100%:
1x44% (2 LEDs), 2x 40%(1LED)
(it seems to slow down?)
And I have NOT seen any LED flashing, in the past 4 days!
Around 40% shouldn't it be 1 steady, 2 flashing?
The "86h" check was still 2 LED steady!

~ 86 h after last full Charge:
1x46%, 2x 42%

About 72 h after full recharging:
1x 52%, 2x 48%

60 hours after charging to 100%:
1x 55%, 2x 56%

48h after last charging em to 100%
61%, 62%, 64% left.

24h after the last full charge
1x 76% and 2x 77%

[/QUOTE]

Are you able to buy or borrow a multimeter? You could then measure the battery voltages without pressing the button on the battery. I find that voltage measurements are easier to understand as Parrot may deem 0% power to still be about 3.2volts so as not to over discharge the batteries.

A voltmeter is not the problem, with 2 LEDs, right now, 2 of them are on 7.56 and on 7.62 Volt
And the one I have freshly charged has 8.56 Volt
For now I just dont think the exact Voltage is that important to this problem
Somehow the "intelligence" of this batteries is gone.
Or better is discharging them on even a lower rate, it w/sh/ould usually discharge them.
Unless I have fried a piece of "intel" hardware, of course. Which I can't really think off.
And they are not even getting warm during discharging
I am trying to get an USB C power meter, to check on the different sources, charger, I may have used on all 3.

Is there any option to reflash the second last batterie fw?
Since resetting with and without charging is not changing anything, I would try that, before I get pushed to upgrade to the latest fw for bird and batteries.

Last edited:
A voltmeter is not the problem, with 2 LEDs, right now, 2 of them are on 7.56 and on 7.62 Volt
And the one I have freshly charged has 8.56 Volt
For know I just dont think the exact Voltage is that important to this problem
Somehow the "intelligence" of this batteries is gone.
Or better is discharging them on even a lower rate, it w/sh/ould usually discharge them.
Unless I have fried a piece of "intel" hardware, of course. Which I can't really think off.
And they are not even getting warm during discharging
I am trying to get an USB C power meter, to check on the different sources, charger, I may have used on all 3.

Is there any option to reflash the second last batterie fw?
Since resetting with and without charging is not changing anything, I would try that, before I get pushed to upgrade to the latest fw for bird and batteries.
Try another charger. I use an ordinary Samsung Galaxy S8 + charger (max 2A) and there is no problem with the batteries. 1.6.3 FW, 6.6.203_FCC FF6. (I didn't update in 2020 either.)
Batteries that fail at the same time may be due to the use of the wrong charger. If you used them at the same time and got a bad charge at the same time, they became faulty at the same time. If the firmware or software were faulty, many more people would report this problem.

Try another charger. I use an ordinary Samsung Galaxy S8 + charger (max 2A) and there is no problem with the batteries. 1.6.3 FW, 6.6.203_FCC FF6. (I didn't update in 2020 either.)
Batteries that fail at the same time may be due to the use of the wrong charger. If you used them at the same time and got a bad charge at the same time, they became faulty at the same time. If the firmware or software were faulty, many more people would report this problem.
do you use them as a power bank as well?

do you use them as a power bank as well?
Again, so that even you may get it:
I have not used them as powerbank, till I wanted to decharge on of them quicker, last week.
I just knew about it.
But even in the parrot manual, where Parrot does NOT recommend to buy a PD powerbank, because not all PD powerbanks are charging the batteries BUT instead getting charged from the batteries, Parrot states, that this is a PD protocol thing
Which tells me, that the batteries have a not so hidden powerbank function because of they are real USB PD chargeable.

As far as I understand the PD "thing", every device that can handle PD, even 2 Phones with PD function, can charge every other PD device. Because the function is in the PD chipset of the device.
Needs just a USB-C to USB-C cable.

Perhaps kind of the same with the unwanted "RC is charging device" on android phones, because that is part of the USB OTG standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck
[...]

I start to get the feeling that my OP 30 Watt warp charger, 5V/6A, may have "overrun" the PD chipset. Instead of just getting reduced to 3 Watt. What I did expect to happen

But that is just an idea.
I need to get a USB-C power meter, but had to order it.

The positive thing today was, that I found a source for new batteries.
;-)

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a 'fake' Chinese charger as well. It killed his android tablet, 2 PS4 controllers as well as some other stuff. All this before he realised it was not really an official charger

They often cannot really get the correct voltage or wattage to the device, because they are made much much cheaper than other stuff.

I use only the best chargers:
I would never use a fake charger, especially with a garbage standard like USB where everybody can set their own rules

Also; I use my batteries until around 50% in case I don't need to fly the day or days after. That way I can just store them

I know with the 5W official Apple charger it will take around 150 minutes to charge them to 100%, so I will make sure the batteries are charging 2.5 hours before I go out to fly.
I have 3 batteries so it's okay. If I know I can charge them within the hour I will go below 50%

3*10 min per flight is enough for me

I did fly them, today, to empty the batterys the 'real' way.
And to test, at which percentage the 'critical battery landing' kicks in.
Interesting, 2 are doing that on 5%, one did that on 10%
All three where 2m away from HP and just 30ish cm over ground

And charging them, with a 45W PD Charger, needs just 90ish minutes.
So the PD-chip, at least, is working fine

One of the construction areas, which they are busy working on, again:

new hotel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ROBANAFI
I am on 1.6.3 FW and there is no such phenomenon. You don’t lose 10-20% per day. This is not a firmware problem (possibly battery firmware ...)
I was 100% charged and on day 3 I had time to fly and it was 98% then.
This is what happens to me. But in the case of the Eachine EX3 drone, or the EX4, after 6 days of full charging, the batteries report a 100% charge. Is it because they are cheaper?

Update:

Today the Anafi fell out of the air!

Battery level was (shown in FF6 as) 20+%, but it critical battery landed from about 20m over ground.
And ~5m over ground it stalled, fell over and crashed onto hard ground.
right now just the fan starts in the bird, and the power button (off batteries which don't fell down) does not switch it off, right now.
Will open it up, later.

Update:

Today the Anafi fell out of the air!

Battery level was (shown in FF6 as) 20+%, but it critical battery landed from about 20m over ground.
And ~5m over ground it stalled, fell over and crashed onto hard ground.
right now just the fan starts in the bird, and the power button (off batteries which don't fell down) does not switch it off, right now.
Will open it up, later.
Why did you fly with these faulty batteries?
I would have hovered over some soft grassy area until it was exhausted ... That wasn't a wise thing to do. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can fix it.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Why did you fly with these faulty batteries?
I would have hovered over some soft grassy area until it was exhausted ... That wasn't a wise thing to do. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can fix it.
Because I did hover them down last week!

Reactions: BRC
I believe that this automatic battery discharge is too conservative and is an inconvenience for Anafi owners. It did not use to be this way. I am still on my original 3 Anafi batteries from 2018 and they each probably have about 75-100 flights on them and I have not seen flight performance degrade considerably. I would be happy if Parrot would make the auto discharge start to happen 2 or 3 days after being fully charged. Even better would be if you could set the parameters in the app. After all, it is your equipment so you should have the choice with how you treat your lipos. I believe that fully charged lipos are really only damaged if left for more than 3 days before discharging.

If you don't see a big loss of battery capacity with your 2018 batteries, this might be the (good) result of the Parrot battery discharge method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman