Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DJI +Sequoia Integration

Ferospi

Reaction score
Website
www.ejefocal.com.co
I took out my Parrot Sequoia from Disco Pro Ag (which in my opinion is not a good platform to work on the particularly difficult terrain that I usually work on) to integrate it into a DJI mavic pro. In order to not add too much weight to the drone i am feeding the camera from the mavic´s battery (12v-3850mAh) through a step down module (LM2596), 3Ah, adjustable output voltage set to 5.0v. Tried some other power sources like 5.0v powerbanks (various), 3DR and Crius power modules (3Ah), generic 5v- 3Ah BEC, but I can't get the light sensor to stay on. After a while the light sensor status LED turns off and I don´t know if it is actually sending the light correction to the images taken or if it is correctly geo-referencing the images, even though the camera is effectively shooting. I am also experiencing problems when trying to set up the camera via wifi due to some kind of interference (???) when turning on the drone.
Has anybody tried this integration? In the market there are several hardware integration kits, but no one seems to explain the particular problem of camera feeding.....

Attachments

• IMG_4427.JPG
    IMG_4427.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
En 2018 compré un Bluegrass que se desplomo de 70m de altura, después de un mucho tiempo y correos logré que Parrot me reemplazará el dron. Sin embargo, su vuelo siempre fue sumamente inestable a grado tal de aterrizar y voltearse del impacto varias veces. Cada vuelo era un sufrimiento, además de presentar fallas en que ocasionalmente no grababa las imágenes ni en la memoria SD, ni sin ella, cuando se suponía que al no ingresarla, las imágenes debiesen grabarse en la memoria interna de 64 GB de la cámara sequoia. El extremo fue que dejó de referenciar (No tags GPS) las imágenes aunado a los inconvenientes anteriores que poco a poco provocaron que el BlueGrass y su cámara sean inservibles. No obstante, dada la inversión y el pésimo servicio de Parrot, me vi obligado en montar la cámara sequoia en un dron DJI phantom 3, y la cámara sigue sin georeferenciar las imágenes lo cual no me permite crear ortomapas. Así que ahora, tengo un Bluegrass, un Phantom 3 y una cámara sequoia inservibles. Cualquier ayuda, la agradeceré.
Saludos desde México!

Here is an alternate model that allows 3 devices on Mavic series
Sunlight on top
Sequoia under one side
Battery on the other side

All the weight is centered around the CG

DJI Mavic Triple Mount for-GoPro-Sequoia-FLIR-Lighting-Action 2 NEW VERSION

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members