Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Exiting Freeflight 6

Spastuscat

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got the Anafi as my first drone, so I'm a complete noob to this world. I got all the firmware updated and everything is connected just fine, but how in the world do you exit the Freeflight app when you're done? I disconnected the cable and shut down both the drone and the controller, but the only way I found out of the app was to choose "Purchase a drone," which took me to a website, thus giving me the ability to open or shut any app on my phone. I use a Samsung Note 8 if that matters.

Thanks

Can't you just press the button at the bottom (swipe up) that minimizes all Apps and takes you to the home screen and hit "Close All" ? It's three vertical lines at the bottom left on my Galaxy S9.

Don't forget to check out my Advice for new Pilots! Avoid the most common mistakes that will destroy or lose your Anafi on your first few flights.

When inside the app, where the piece of paper where the lock is, if you swipe from right to left from that corner, you will close the FF6 app and go straight to the home screen.Screenshot_20190808-075608_FreeFlight 6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I just got the Anafi as my first drone, so I'm a complete noob to this world. I got all the firmware updated and everything is connected just fine, but how in the world do you exit the Freeflight app when you're done? I disconnected the cable and shut down both the drone and the controller, but the only way I found out of the app was to choose "Purchase a drone," which took me to a website, thus giving me the ability to open or shut any app on my phone. I use a Samsung Note 8 if that matters.

Thanks

How do you close any other apps?
You would exit the app the same as exiting any other app. Swipe up the bottom of your phones screen area to bring up the "navigation bar" which has the "back" (arrow) home"(circle) and "recents" (3lines) icons. Touching back or home will bring you out. recents will show exactly that and as above you can swipe up to close any of them individually or close all

Reactions: Kilrah and dmbrody
This seems more like a question about how to use your phone. Consult your phone’s user manual on how to exit apps.

Learn the following:
On Androids and iPhones there is a difference between exiting an app and simply going back to the home screen. If you simply go back to the home screen the App is still running (albeit in the background). It is suspended, but still running. You can switch back to that app and it will spring to life right where you left off. On the other hand, Exiting an app will do exactly that. Exit the app. It won’t be running in the background at all. It won’t be using any memory on your phone or cycles from your processor. It won’t maintain connections.

As a drone pilot, you need to learn how to properly EXIT an app. It’s important for all drones, whether they are Parrot or DJI. Sometimes things get garbled with all drones, and almost all the fixes involve exiting and restarting the app at some point. It’s like rebooting your computer.

Good luck.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
This seems more like a question about how to use your phone. Consult your phone’s user manual on how to exit apps.

Learn the following:
On Androids and iPhones there is a difference between exiting an app and simply going back to the home screen. If you simply go back to the home screen the App is still running (albeit in the background). It is suspended, but still running. You can switch back to that app and it will spring to life right where you left off. On the other hand, Exiting an app will do exactly that. Exit the app. It won’t be running in the background at all. It won’t be using any memory on your phone or cycles from your processor. It won’t maintain connections.

As a drone pilot, you need to learn how to properly EXIT an app. It’s important for all drones, whether they are Parrot or DJI. Sometimes things get garbled with all drones, and almost all the fixes involve exiting and restarting the app at some point. It’s like rebooting your computer.

Good luck.

Good Advice...This should be a sticky as a good tip for all

Reactions: dmbrody
Thanks amigos. Tried the swipe-up yesterday and it wasn't doing anything. Rebooted the phone and now the swipe-up does the trick.

Reactions: Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320