Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware 1.2.4 (16/11/2018) - changes?

I was referring to the first video of the flight planner. The first branch, when the Anafi goes to the field with the camera facing front and horizontal...
Anyway, I turned my iPad 5° clockwise and everything was back to normal... ;o)
I'm out and about till 5pm so I will check that video over when I get home. There are hills in behind the ball park so they might have given that effect but I cannot say for sure till I look it over later.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It definitely fixed the disconnect issue running on sansung s8. So definitely worth trying. GPS was never an issue for me.

Agustine, is it me or your video does feature a ‘not so horizontal’ horizon line ?
Philippe

HI just got home and looked it over. The horizon depending on which way the Anafi was facing looked a tad out but I really think it was more of how the horizon sloped . For the most part it looks pretty straight to me.

Landbo
This was with lossless zoom turned off at HDR 4K 3X zoom. To me it looks like HDR handles the zoom better then standard video. Whats your opinion?

Yes, the 4k looks amazing. It should look like my 1080p with HDR on !!! :cry:

I have not tried in 4k with lossless zoom off.

It's weird, here's a clip where I've zoomed in to 2.8x with HDR on / off.

Dropbox - ZoomTest-1080.mp4

HDR looks terrible if you ask me.

Regards Leif.

Yes I agree. The HDR on looks out of focus to me.

Out of focus, is tje lens probably not because the lens on an Anafi is fixed. Something strange happens in firmware.

Can you zoom in 4k when lossless zoom only is set to yes in the camera menu?

Regards Leif.

Out of focus, is tje lens probably not because the lens on an

Can you zoom in 4k when lossless zoom only is set to yes in the camera menu?

Regards Leif.

No zoom on lossless does not work, zoom only works with lossless turned off.
For a lack of better words I said out of focus because you lost a lot of detail in your video.

No zoom on lossless does not work, zoom only works with lossless turned off.
For a lack of better words I said out of focus because you lost a lot of detail in your video.

Yes, okay. It's the same with 4k zoom here. Then you should also be able to make the same bad quality video in 1080p as I can.

Unfortunately, there is long way for Parrot before they get rid of all the bugs since they continue to forget to test their code thoroughly before release. I hope it will be better for next month's update.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The last firmware update (1.2.4) fixed the unstable point of interest but now my camera tilt commands are being ignored. I'm using an ipad. Is the tilt command working for you? I typically give it a 14 degree command after the first waypoint to lower the camera and not catch so much bright sky. It used to work and now it doesn't.

More FlightPlan.

My "small" problem with camera height that did not adjust to a POI seemed to only apply on the the oldest routes I made in FlightPlan. The error can be cured by deleting each POI and re-creating it. It's actually pretty cumbersome so ................... :mad:

Have done a few test flights today with a new route to check up on the camera height of POI. No matter what I do, it's not possible to fly with a smooth camera service from POI to POI. In my opinion, FlightPlan is unusable for filming. I've added a few clips in my DropBox of the same route today.

Note that a strong bumpy wind blows from NE so there are a couple of small camera shakes. But little French Miss Anafi resisted the wind without problems.

Dropbox - 4k-P6771368-HDR.MP4
Dropbox - 4k-P6791370-non_HDR.MP4

Hope the links work now.

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: fischerfoto
I watched both on my phone and they both looked good to me. Maybe on a bigger monitor they might look different but those looked pretty good on my phone.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Just watch it on my computer monitor and I can see it being a bit jerky. My smaller phone screen never picked up on that.

Just watch it on my computer monitor and I can see it being a bit jerky. My smaller phone screen never picked up on that.

Yes a "real" monitor helps to see all those camera errors. :D

It was not so much the camera errors I would show, but more that it is impossible to fly with an slow camera-pan from POI to POI. The way it works now really makes FlightPlan unusable for camera missions. People who has used Litchi to DJI drones know how it shut work. In fact, I can not understand that such a company as Parrot can afford to take the same money for use of flight-plan in FreeFlight 6 as it costs to buy a full license to Litchi !!! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your report, regards Leif.

Landbo,
did you try to use lower speed between waypoints, pauses in flightplan and/or more waypoints to realize smoother movements?
Or do I totally misunderstand your point/video?

Landbo,
did you try to use lower speed between waypoints, pauses in flightplan and/or more waypoints to realize smoother movements?
Or do I totally misunderstand your point/video?

It's not a matter of flight speed but that it's not possible to get the camera to slowly change the camera angle in height between two waypoints and associated POIs. This gives you the fast pits/movments in the vertical plane that you see. I have deliberately exaggerated camera movements in the route I fly to clearly show the problems. There are no breaks in the flight other than Anafi itself is doing at each waypoint, which is also a problem. The speed is 3 m/s or about 11 km/h.

My purpose of the video is just to show how bad my 19 EUR investment is made. :cry:

Regards Leif.

It does seem like a pretty easy option to add since they have that option for waypoint camera angles and speed.
View attachment 529

No, it's actually not easy to change, as it's now you who manually control the camera angle speed/up/down and not the POI you have inset in your route. Keep in mind it's between two waypoints with two associated POIs that it do not work.

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh