Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware 1.2.4 (16/11/2018) - changes?

Ok
I guess we should not suggest parrot not fix it because it is not a easy fix.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

What ??? o_O

No, that's the opposite way to be used. The more people complain to Parrot over the uselessness of Flight Plans, the greater the chance is that Parrot will have to deal with the problem.

And I suppose you've never tried to use flight plan for serious camera work !!! ;)

Just try and see how it can be done here: Mission Hub - Litchi
I suppose you can use the most things in Litchi's hub without being logging in. And yes, you can not fly a route without ........... It would be great if Litchi also supported Parrot Anafi.

Regards Leif.

Problems are not uncommon with new products but as new users we need to relay our findings so they can be solved.

Yes, therefore, we would like to discuss what does not work. But again, things should usual work with the first release of the APP. You should note that flight plan is also in the predecessor Freeflight Pro and therefore one should believe that the general code was in/on place. I do not know how good it works in FreeFlight Pro for a quad and I have not reached and play with that for my fixed ving (Parrot Disco).

Regards Leif.

Hello all

After some extensive testing, everything relative to flight, control, app seems to be ok.
I´m having an issue that never popped up before regarding the files (photos/video) transfer
via USB (I never take the card out).
When it begins copying the files to the computer, suddenly stops at around 2-4%, and the
device disappears as if ejected / removed. Have to disconnect the Anafi, power down, reconnect,
and the problem remains.
When removing the sdcard, connecting to the computer using the adapter, everything is ok.

Just sharing the info.

Best regards

The last firmware update (1.2.4) fixed the unstable point of interest but now my camera tilt commands are being ignored. I'm using an ipad. Is the tilt command working for you? I typically give it a 14 degree command after the first waypoint to lower the camera and not catch so much bright sky. It used to work and now it doesn't.

Yes you are correct. In a normal waypoint mission the camera will not adjust to the camera angles we have put in. At least in the two tests it stayed flat and would not move to my set camera angles.

I made the same route in Litchi as I have shown in this thread. Waypoint and POI are in the same places so it is possible to compare directly. The flight has been done with my DJI Phantom 4 Advance at the same speed. Enjoy the smooth camera transitions from POI to POI.

Parrot Anafi and FreeFlight 6: Dropbox - 4k-P6791370-non_HDR.MP4
DJI P4A and Litchi: Dropbox - 1080p_Testflyvning_P4A.mp4

Regards Leif.

To bad the P4A has props in the video ;)
I guess you could always slow down the transitions in post for the Anafi. Not hard to do in Adobe premier pro.

I had contacted Parrot about the 4K Lossless zoom not working. 48 hours later they sent me this email. How do you send a screen shot of something that does not work :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Olympia and I will be assisting you with your case # 12xxxxx.

Hope you are having a lovely day , in regards to your question , could you send us a screenshot of the lossless zoom not being available ?

Thanks in advance

Please press reply on this email and let me know if you found the above information was helpful in resolving your issue. I look forward to your response.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Best Regards,
Olympia L.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

To bad the P4A has props in the video ;)
I guess you could always slow down the transitions in post for the Anafi. Not hard to do in Adobe premier pro.

Now you're talking around the real issue again again again.

Not on the way I often want my transitions or completely without one at a given place. ;)

Regards Leif.

Now you're talking around the real issue again again again.

Not on the way I often want my transitions or completely without one at a given place. ;)

Regards Leif.

Have you talked to Parrot about your concerns? That would be the first place to start so they can address your concerns. If they cannot not fix the problems you have, maybe its time to sell your Anafi and move on to something that makes you happy.

Leif, when I compare your 2 videos I can understand that you like the P4A/Litchi version.
What I see:
1. The drone movements are quite smooth in both videos.
2. The transitions between waypoints (height, speed, yaw) are much smoother with P4A as a good Litchi function.
3. The gimbal tilt is much faster with Anafi. I think there is no delay intended in the moment. Of course this doesn't look fine in videos.

You don't post the flight plans so I cannot say whether there would be a better solution for the Anafi version.
But if not, a firmware/software update will be able to solve all problems. So let us be optimistic.

Have you talked to Parrot about your concerns? That would be the first place to start so they can address your concerns. If they cannot not fix the problems you have, maybe its time to sell your Anafi and move on to something that makes you happy.

Yeees, I have written to Parrot's headquarters in Paris France a while ago, the same place I actually bought my Anafi. I have also received a reply that is sent to Parrot's technical staff.

But you see, if it's only me that's disgruntled with FlightPlan nothing is happen. That is why I also try to invite others to do the same if they share my thoughts or have their own for that matter.

Regards Leif.

Well I send in issues to Parrot that I see posted on here. Most times I do not get a reply and other times the CS people really have no idea of what you are trying to report to them. I think most of Parrots CS people are kids that really do not know the first thing about the products that Parrot sells. :(

Parrot said a update will be coming out near the end of the month. let see if anything gets improved on.

Leif, when I compare your 2 videos I can understand that you like the P4A/Litchi version.
What I see:
1. The drone movements are quite smooth in both videos.
2. The transitions between waypoints (height, speed, yaw) are much smoother with P4A as a good Litchi function.
3. The gimbal tilt is much faster with Anafi. I think there is no delay intended in the moment. Of course this doesn't look fine in videos.

You don't post the flight plans so I cannot say whether there would be a better solution for the Anafi version.
But if not, a firmware/software update will be able to solve all problems. So let us be optimistic.

Thank you for your positive inquiry Dirk.

Yes, if you want to use FlightPlan for camera work, you should be able to make the camera move smoothly from POI to POI as it is possible to do in Litchi.

1. Yes Anafi's camera and gimbal have no defects. In fact, Anafi's stabilization works better than that on my DJI Phantom 4 Advance when flying fast. Do not tell that observation to DJI. :D

2. Just exactly.

3. That's partly true. The camera must begin to move in both horizontal and vertical direction already at the waypoint where the last POI is associated and not at the waypoint where the new POI is set. At the same time, there is also that problem with Anafi stops at each waypoint. All camera movements must be calm.

I can easily put a picture together of FreeFlight's flight plan but I do not think it can be done differently than I do now.

I'm also quiet optimistic, but it will definitely help if there are many others who say that Parrot's FlightPlan can not be used for camera work.

Regards Leif.

Thank you for your positive inquiry Dirk.

Yes, if you want to use FlightPlan for camera work, you should be able to make the camera move smoothly from POI to POI as it is possible to do in Litchi.

1. Yes Anafi's camera and gimbal have no defects. In fact, Anafi's stabilization works better than that on my DJI Phantom 4 Advance when flying fast. Do not tell that observation to DJI. :D

2. Just exactly.

3. That's partly true. The camera must begin to move in both horizontal and vertical direction already at the waypoint where the last POI is associated and not at the waypoint where the new POI is set. At the same time, there is also that problem with Anafi stops at each waypoint. All camera movements must be calm.

I can easily put a picture together of FreeFlight's flight plan but I do not think it can be done differently than I do now.

I'm also quiet optimistic, but it will definitely help if there are many others who say that Parrot's FlightPlan can not be used for camera work.

Regards Leif.
Leif,
shortly my opinion to point 3:
A) My last test of Freeflight 6 flightplan was with FW 1.2.1. So maybe something went worse now with 1.2.4. In my tests tilt and yaw began to focus on the next POI directly after the waypoint BEFORE the 1st waypoint associated to that POI.
A) The consequence was, that reaching the 1st waypoint associated to that POI, tilt and yaw are focussing the POI.
C) On the drone's way from the last waypoint associated to the POI to the next waypoint, the tilt and yaw begin to adjust to the data of the next waypoint.
For me all that was mainly ok.

I asked for posting the flightplan in discussions about flightplan videos, because I have the suspicion that some described "problems" might be the consequence of the fact that a flightplan doesn't do what a user wanted it to do. Then a user (of course I do not mean you!) posts here "issues with flightplan", but if we could see his fligthplan plus resulting video, we would probably say: what we see in your video is the result of your flightplan and not an issue.
Second: if you compare flightplan videos of different drones with different and/or 3rd party software, you should also post the flightplans: same waypoints and POI definitions on different platforms don't mean the same video result.

Reactions: Maxgi
I don't want to derail the constructive discussion here but I just wanted to clarify something for my own education. These issues people seem to be having here lately with the camera and/or gimbal is just when using the Flightplan feature with waypoints? Virtually 99.9% of the time I am flying manually and don't have any of the issues discussed here and I just wanted to confirm that it's because I'm flying manually or are people also having these issues when flying manually as well?

Leif,
shortly my opinion to point 3:
A) My last test of Freeflight 6 flightplan was with FW 1.2.1. So maybe something went worse now with 1.2.4. In my tests tilt and yaw began to focus on the next POI directly after the waypoint BEFORE the 1st waypoint associated to that POI.
A) The consequence was, that reaching the 1st waypoint associated to that POI, tilt and yaw are focussing the POI.
C) On the drone's way from the last waypoint associated to the POI to the next waypoint, the tilt and yaw begin to adjust to the data of the next waypoint.
For me all that was mainly ok.

I asked for posting the flightplan in discussions about flightplan videos, because I have the suspicion that some described "problems" might be the consequence of the fact that a flightplan doesn't do what a user wanted it to do. Then a user (of course I do not mean you!) posts here "issues with flightplan", but if we could see his fligthplan plus resulting video, we would probably say: what we see in your video is the result of your flightplan and not an issue.
Second: if you compare flightplan videos of different drones with different and/or 3rd party software, you should also post the flightplans: same waypoints and POI definitions on different platforms don't mean the same video result.

A: Yes, something has happened to FlighyPlan in the latest version as the router I've made before seems to have lost some of their associated POIs.

B: Yes, it does not work more to see a waypoint (hopefully POI !!) forward with tilt, only yaw.

C: Yes it should be such but .....................................

The problem of making a screenshot from my Android tablet is quite big when I do not want to install software with ads. But I've made a bad photo of the screen that I hope you can read. Waypoint 1 is at the top left. POI, you can see the direction of on the different colored arrows.

Nord is up on the picture.

POI-1 is nord off/between waypoint 1 and 2, in 3 meters altitude.
POI-2 is located east of the route at 140 meters altitude.
POI-3 can you see in 3 meters high.
POI 4 is located in the church at 1 meters altitude.

The height of my waypoints is either 30 or 90 meters.

PS. I can not easily make a picture of the screen in Litchi where it is possible to read heights. But believe me that POIs and waypoints are at the same place and in the same height.

Regards Leif.

P1010646-01.jpg

Attachments

• P1010646-01.jpg
    P1010646-01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members