Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight Plan - Drone not calibrated message!

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Howdy folks,

I went out this morning to a local wetlands, used Flight Plan for the first time, setting up a nice fly through the area, went to fly it & kept getting an error message saying that the drone wasn't calibrated. So, I repeatedly re-calibrated the drone, giving the success message each time, retried the Flight Plan & the same thing over & over!

Anyone ever experienced this before? Or have any clues to what may have been happening? I was in aeroplane mode, had the map loaded, could use Smart Dronies, etc... So have no idea what was happening or why.

I'll make another Flight Plan, for the park next door & try it out again, this time closing the app after creating the Flight Plan, then linking it up to the Anafi & see if that makes any difference. I'll be back...

Managed to get it sorted yesterday evening in the last of the light. It worked as it should with the bird on the ground, all I did was to create the Flight Plan, close the Freeflight app, then restart it when I connected the Skycontroller to my phone.

So more of an app problem then. Good that you sorted it out. I only tried the flightplan feature once but I had to fly to the starting point so not sure if there would have been an error like yours if I had just started the flightplan after switching it on

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I had this problem today. I just could not get the flight plan to work. I calibrated the drone three times. I turned it off and on. I flew around in manual mode and some other modes for a while, but after that I still couldn't get the flight plan to work. It just keeps showing the error "Drone not calibrated".
I didn't actually try closing the freeflight app and turning off the controller. I will try again tomorrow and see if it works...

i had that same problem today with bebop2. No matter what i did including doing a reset of the drones firmware and re-installing free flight pro. nothing worked. no hard landings or crashes , not sure what to do except a warranty replacement.

I had this problem today. I just could not get the flight plan to work. I calibrated the drone three times. I turned it off and on. I flew around in manual mode and some other modes for a while, but after that I still couldn't get the flight plan to work. It just keeps showing the error "Drone not calibrated".
I didn't actually try closing the freeflight app and turning off the controller. I will try again tomorrow and see if it works...
So how did you go? Were you able to get Flight Plan to work for you at all? If so, what made it happen?

So how did you go? Were you able to get Flight Plan to work for you at all? If so, what made it happen?
Yes I did, it was so simple I'm still wondering.. Here it is ...During the calibration turn the drone as fast as your hands will let you.. yes thats it.

I always would slowly turn the drone on all axis but no faster is better..

Good luck

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Yes I did, it was so simple I'm still wondering.. Here it is ...During the calibration turn the drone as fast as your hands will let you.. yes thats it.

I always would slowly turn the drone on all axis but no faster is better..

Good luck
I did have this dreaded experience again a couple of weeks ago. I'll give the drone dance a bit of a speed up, I must admit that I have always done it slowly, thinking the sensors needed a gentle approach. Thanks for sharing your tip! :)

I did have this dreaded experience again a couple of weeks ago. I'll give the drone dance a bit of a speed up, I must admit that I have always done it slowly, thinking the sensors needed a gentle approach. Thanks for sharing your tip! :)
Did turning the drone faster help?

I've seen this twice (out of a lot of flight plans) and still haven't worked out any explanation. I don't think it's actually a calibration problem though, more a false positive.

I've seen this twice (out of a lot of flight plans) and still haven't worked out any explanation. I don't think it's actually a calibration problem though, more a false positive.
Yeah you might be right .......either way end result is the same, calibrating..

maybe its a" drone/sc2" calibration issue, where one calibration effects the other, in some goofy way. i did observe that during my last waypoint flight. During flight the mini map showed like i was pointing the sc2 directly at the drone, and right after it landed it was displaying as if my back was to the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame