Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan questions

One of the fellows on here told me about using Teamviewer to hook up to your device. Works perfectly. Large 52 inch monitor and flightplan works for me :)

Well, thanks for checking with Parrot. Seems to me quite a few Parrot pilots like using Flight Plan - hopefully, Parrot will consider some improvements to that feature in the future. Check out the Litchi Mission Hub to see how it works - I do all my flight plans for the DJI drones I have on Litchi - makes a big difference when you can use a mouse and a large monitor to set waypoints and points of interest. Once I complete a flight plan on Litchi and it is saved, it syncs to any device I have Litchi on. I use both a phone and a tablet for flights, so the flight plan I made on the Litchi Mission Hub appears on both, synced perfectly and ready for the flight.

There's no obvious reason for synchronisation to be committed from the otherwise pretty good software. I'll have another look at Litchi. The Anafi is my first foray with an off-the-shelf multirotor, been flying an ancient NAZA v1 module, NAZE board and Eagletree Vector on homebuilds.

What happens if your GPS signal gets weak or it loses that signal when the flight plan if being executed?

If you lose signal it will complete the flight plan and return to home. Now if the Anafi loses GPS I think it would just hover there till it regained GPS or land on low battery which ever came first. Chances of it losing GPS are very slim. It would have to be a hardware issue in my opinion.

Hi,
a question about POI in flight plan mode.
what i have to set a height at the POI? what relation have with a height of my waypoints?
thanks

Since the last update the POI and camera angles do not work. Parrot is aware of this and will send out a updated firmware to correct it when they figure out what the problem is. I was told it can take a couple of weeks by CS at parrot.

Reactions: pa911
The relation between the heights of POI and of waypoints determines the tilt angle of the gimbal.
thank you

Since the last update the POI and camera angles do not work. Parrot is aware of this and will send out a updated firmware to correct it when they figure out what the problem is. I was told it can take a couple of weeks by CS at parrot.
yes, i try today a flight plan with POI and the camera angle do not work. the gimbal doesn't follow the object and the camera stay in position. i hope parrot resolve it fast!!

I had a bad (semi drunk)experience with flight plan. I understand you don't need signal from the controller/smart phone to complete the flight just enough battery. So theirs me showing off to my mate on a recent holiday. i planned an epic flight with enough height to get over some cliffs with a lighthouse as a point of interest about 1 mile away. The only mistake id made was the first "point" was about 50 metres away and was 40 metres in height. I thought from take off the drone would go up 40m then go to the first point. Nope, from take off the drone slowly ascended whilst going full speed to the first point!!!! "luckily" it hit a low wall with minimal damage(battery popped out). If it didnt hit the wall it would have gone full speed into the wall of the main building at around 4m in height. The moral of the story, read the instructions!

Difficult to understand this thing. Waypoint worked perfectly...however force Parrot!
yes waypoint worked perfectly, but if you set a POI the gimbal don't change the angolation of camera (if your parrot is too close to the object of shot)

I had a bad (semi drunk)experience with flight plan. I understand you don't need signal from the controller/smart phone to complete the flight just enough battery. So theirs me showing off to my mate on a recent holiday. i planned an epic flight with enough height to get over some cliffs with a lighthouse as a point of interest about 1 mile away. The only mistake id made was the first "point" was about 50 metres away and was 40 metres in height. I thought from take off the drone would go up 40m then go to the first point. Nope, from take off the drone slowly ascended whilst going full speed to the first point!!!! "luckily" it hit a low wall with minimal damage(battery popped out). If it didnt hit the wall it would have gone full speed into the wall of the main building at around 4m in height. The moral of the story, read the instructions!

Fortunately, little damage . usually i setting the minimum height of all point in relation with the maximum height of near obstacles and, the second point near of take off point

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the Anafi but I'm disappointed to experience this problem and see how old it is.

My understanding of POI hieght:
The camera should point right down if flying over a POI with '0' meters altitude and likewise vertically up in the air if I plan to fly under a decorated bridge or whatever!
But nothing happens!

Anyone know why this doesn't work?

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the Anafi but I'm disappointed to experience this problem and see how old it is.

My understanding of POI hieght:
The camera should point right down if flying over a POI with '0' meters altitude and likewise vertically up in the air if I plan to fly under a decorated bridge or whatever!
But nothing happens!

Anyone know why this doesn't work?

For looking straight up on a POI I don't think it will be able to figure that out in the flight plan. Might be wrong but I think thats beyond the features of flight plan.

You might get around this if you make a flight plan without any POI's, just waypoint(s) under the bridge, and manually gimbal the camera straight up. You can also pause the Flight Plan as well as adjusting the point to point speed to a low figure. I've gone as low as 8 fps, and I think maybe 4 fps is possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320