Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flightplan .Json file

AnafiPilot1

Reaction score
Is anyone doing anything with the Flightplan JSON files? or have any method to parse the file to create a kml or other mapping file.

I am still getting odd pauses and interruptions in my flightplans, so I want to analyse this further.

What I was hoping to do is plot the flighplan from the JSON file and the actual flight log to better understand how the Anafi moves in relation to the flightplan.

My thinking is that there is hardcoded level of yaw and tilt changes which trigger a pause, but I am having a hard time determining what they are...

Scrub this found that AnafiPlanToGPX in the ShowAnafiLog thread, which does exactly what I am after.

And could you identify the reason for "stopNGo" on missions?

Not yet - too much wind and rain in the UK to do proper testing!!

But I suspect studying all my plans, it is everytime the Anafi switches from POI and the camera moves - even 1 degree camera movement I THINK is causing the pausing.

I think parrot need to do some sort of progressive course option but for the camera, so it can move the camera while flying to the position it needs to be in before reaching the waypoint.

I've managed to find sort of a work around. Make your first two poi waypoints directly in front of and lined up with your poi. The sprinkle your other waypoints around the poi. On the exit, again line up the last two waypoints with the poi. The bird will arrive at the first poi waypoint, pause, advance to the second, tilt at the height of the poi and start moving around to the other waypoints. When it reaches the next to last waypoint it will again pause, then retreat to the last poi waypoint and then turn away and fly to the next non poi waypoint. If you do it right it looks almost natural.

And there are almost no drops in flight speed on your flight plan?
Will try, thanks.

But I think, it has also to do with the speed
I think, as quicker the plan is flown, as more the Anafi slows down, at wp's

My test flights have been all in the 5 to 7 m/s setup range. And got often slowed down at wp's to almost 1 m/s.
Also never really reached the 7. For long, at least.
Distance between wp's?

Seems complex!

Not yet - too much wind and rain in the UK to do proper testing!!

But I suspect studying all my plans, it is everytime the Anafi switches from POI and the camera moves - even 1 degree camera movement I THINK is causing the pausing.

I think parrot need to do some sort of progressive course option but for the camera, so it can move the camera while flying to the position it needs to be in before reaching the waypoint.
The Anafi is be able to move the camera as needed.
Just do a 2 wp mission, passing by a poi.
The camera is spot on, even if the leg would be 500m long.
There must be some trouble in the flight plan for the anafi, which they could eleminate for the bebop.
Afai can find, the progressive course at bebops works.

But then, our camera has a total different working system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456